Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great stuff on Envoi gents!

Have to say if you’d backed Blue Sari you’d have to be frustrated at the ride from Barry!

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
      Great stuff on Envoi gents!

Have to say if you’d backed Blue Sari you’d have to be frustrated at the ride from Barry!

I am always loathe to criticise jockeys when I've backed a loser, think the winner idled in front and was a worthy winner BUT Barry had me scratching my head a few times during the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
        Great stuff on Envoi gents!

Have just rewatched the race there, didnt see a whole lot wrong with his ride tbf and i'm one of the first to criticize him as i'm not his biggest fan but it looked like Blue Sari became a little unbalanced coming down the hill and Jamie Codd has just kicked off the bend to steal a few lengths. Experience from Envoi Allen has done him wonders in that race.

Comment

• What was wrong with BG's ride? He gave him every chance but didn't wana go past.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
            What was wrong with BG's ride? He gave him every chance but didn't wana go past.
            Envoi Allen is a right gutsy horse, horses come to him but he's a real trier

Comment

• Exactly he was never going past when he came upsides. If you've backed EA you was counting your money.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                What was wrong with BG's ride? He gave him every chance but didn't wana go past.

I don't think it was a case of not wanting to go past, I think EA just picked up when challenged. Credit to the winner.

Comment

• Blue Sari came back lame on his left side, tremendous run in the circumstances

Comment

• Stayers win bumpers & with conditions to suit today I was surprised the bookies pushed Envoi Allen out today. It was only an overreaction to Gordon’s stalemate!

Comment

• Gutted for Blue sari (was on at 20's) - well done the winner

Comment

• Not my favourite Race the Bumper , but decided today to put Envoi Allen in a Multi ,
                        With d.work , altior ,Tiger and lethal steps

Comment

• Must say a huge thanks to whoever put this up first back in October.
                          You sir are a legend whoever you are .

Comment

• Managed to get 2U on at 9/2 on course aswell as 1u at 36.75/1

Huge result, feel for everyone who cashed out, but personally that got me out of a whole and I think means any more money won on antepost is profit

I looked and backed on 19th Nov but not sure I can claim responsibility for putting it up first

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                              Have just rewatched the race there, didnt see a whole lot wrong with his ride tbf and i'm one of the first to criticize him as i'm not his biggest fan but it looked like Blue Sari became a little unbalanced coming down the hill and Jamie Codd has just kicked off the bend to steal a few lengths. Experience from Envoi Allen has done him wonders in that race.
                              The best horse probably won but if you backed Blue Sari I think you would have preferred him to be upsides turning for home rather than two lengths adrift. I thought the effort of making up most of those two lengths told close home but reading above that might have been him feeling something.

For me Codd gave the winner the more straightforward and better ride.

Comment

• Thought Envoi idled when he was out in front as was good for a couple more lengths if needed

Comment

Working...
                                X