Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Brought the Mark Howard book for a change from my usual purchase"One Jump Ahead" and one horse almost jumps out the book. That horse is Energumene 50/1 with Hills , here are just afew of the comments in book.

Mark Howard (one of the best judges around and top jounalist) "When I spoke to Tom Lacey during the summer he was adament Energumene a much better horse than Blackbow , which bodes well for his racing career under rules. The Cheletenham bumper is a realistic target"

Tom Lacey (trainer) "He bolted up in first division p2p at Larkhill.The winning time was much better than the second division race won by Sebastopol. brought by Willie Mullins who also purchased Blackbow , i think Energumene is a absolute weapon"

Jonathan Neesom (p2p expert) "Early season Larkhill form always worth looking at again ,he was of two winners for Sophie Lacey (Sebastapol). Despite not jumping well , he quickened up very well.He looks star qaulity in the making , has since joined Willie Mullins"

The bumper is one of my favourite races at the festival , and a early dart for me because 50/1 to big and comments from these three in the know professionals just oozes class about Energumene.

This sounds very promising, i've been backing Energumene for several weeks now. I currently have 10pts win @ 50's, and an additional 5pts win worth in free bets. Would currently be my biggest single winner of the festival... Although I was in a similar position a few years back when I had 20pts on Augusta Kate at big prices, watched her go off favourite and it wasn't her day (or mine for that matter). Here's hoping things are different this year with Energumene!!

Comment

Bought by Tony Bloom. He is by same sire as Un Des Sceaux as well, im all in on the beast as well!

Comment

Think the whole forum is on.

Joe Chambers reckons Aione (was fav for this last year at one point) will likely be kept to bumpers this year and it will be the new year before he's ready. Not sure if he will make it to this but said I would include.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
          Bought by Tony Bloom. He is by same sire as Un Des Sceaux as well, im all in on the beast as well!
          And same Damsire too.

Interestingly though Un De Sceaux went straight over hurdles for Willie, would you not be worried he might do the same with this one? Just thinking the 33's (bigger when boosted) with WH for 'any race', may be a better option?

Comment

I've also got a good few quid on this beast at 50/1. Surprised its still available tbh! (especially considering Tony Bloom owns him...)
            Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 16 October 2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              And same Damsire too.

Interestingly though Un De Sceaux went straight over hurdles for Willie, would you not be worried he might do the same with this one? Just thinking the 33's (bigger when boosted) with WH for 'any race', may be a better option?
              Un De Sceaux came over from France where he ran in bumpers before joining Willie Mullins and subsequently going hurdling. I'd be very surprised if Willie went hurdling after just one PTP run. Energumene Is only a four year old too so I'm sure he'll follow the usual process of PTP -> Bumper -> Hurdling.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                Un De Sceaux came over from France where he ran in bumpers before joining Willie Mullins and subsequently going hurdling. I'd be very surprised if Willie went hurdling after just one PTP run. Energumene Is only a four year old too so I'm sure he'll follow the usual process of PTP -> Bumper -> Hurdling.
                Yeah, I had noted the bumper form for UDS in France, and guess he wasn't able to run in the bumper at the festival, being a previous winner the season before?

I decided to back him for this with smaller stakes and 'any race' for bigger stakes anyway.

Comment

The whole forum must have gotten on this morning 50’s into 33’s now with Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                    The whole forum must have gotten on this morning 50’s into 33’s now with Hills.
                    Still 50s on 365 for anyone not already at the party.

Word of warning though ... I've backed this horse and I've literally never had any returns of any kind from the bumper.

So good luck with this project
                    Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 October 2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Oh, go on then. I’ll take the 50s too.

Comment

Forum gamble of the season when it goes off favourite

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Forum gamble of the season when it goes off favourite
                          Only to finish 5th to a Mullins 1,2,3 and Elliott 4th

Comment

Great to see so many astute forum members all aboard with or without comments , going to be interesting now when he makes his debut .Hopefully on the way Cheltenham and hose up , can imagine the party on here if he does.
                            33/1 still big for anyone wanting to top up or join gamble.

Comment

I’ve just had some of the 50s based on those comments too.

Comment

Working...
                              X