Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
    They are also shortest price for the Ballymore Kev

Take the 16s
    Took the 25s for both anyway. Just thought it was quit a notable cut but may be reading too much into it if they're shortest Ballymore too

Comment

• TORNADO FLYER:

"He can go up to two and a half miles, and if he is good enough to be a Ballymore horse, he can go to two-mile-five. He should be good enough for that. He has the speed to be a two-mile novice hurdler, but we will see when he goes jumping what he is able to do."

Thats before his debut this season, from Mullins.

Any race market bet if you think he's good enough imo. I'd rather him in the ballymore, who knows really.

"TORNADO FLYER*is a bit more of a work in progress. He was a bit raw and gassy, and will have learnt a lot from his win in the maiden hurdle.

I think he’s a horse with a huge future and hopefully he can progress through the ranks."

- Ruby Walsh, after LTO win.

Comment

• No Quick Grabim in the Futures Champion Novice Hurdle.

Someone mentioned small rumour of slight injury, but this was on Twitter, so who knows!

Comment

• One horse Mullins is eager to get on the racecourse is Annamix, yet to be seen for the champion trainer since arriving from France last year, but once again prominent in Cheltenham ante-post lists.
          Mullins said: “I need to get him out. He was doing great work last year and is doing good work again this year. He got injured last year.
          “I was hoping we’d have a race under his belt now and come back for the race on January 5 (Lawlor’s of Naas Novice Hurdle), but it looks like a maiden hurdle somewhere now.
          “I’ve been delighted how he’s been, but he needs a good dig in the ground – so he might end up down in Limerick.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
            One horse Mullins is eager to get on the racecourse is Annamix, yet to be seen for the champion trainer since arriving from France last year, but once again prominent in Cheltenham ante-post lists.
            Mullins said: “I need to get him out. He was doing great work last year and is doing good work again this year. He got injured last year.
            “I was hoping we’d have a race under his belt now and come back for the race on January 5 (Lawlor’s of Naas Novice Hurdle), but it looks like a maiden hurdle somewhere now.
            “I’ve been delighted how he’s been, but he needs a good dig in the ground – so he might end up down in Limerick.”
            Thats interesting as the Naas Novice Hurdle is over 2m 4f. I know Champagne Fever took it in en route to the Supreme but it wouldn't exactly be Mullins normal route for a crack 2 miler.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
              Thats interesting as the Naas Novice Hurdle is over 2m 4f. I know Champagne Fever took it in en route to the Supreme but it wouldn't exactly be Mullins normal route for a crack 2 miler.
              Puzzled me I must admit!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                Definitely not a traditional Supreme trial

Comment

• “Great work last year, good work this year”
                  “Needs dig in the ground”

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    “Great work last year, good work this year”
                    Does not fill Annamix backers with confidence thats for sure , lets hope its Willie being Willie.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      “Great work last year, good work this year”
                      The pessimist could interpret that as:

Annamix is not working as well as last year. He needs bottomless ground. He’s a stayer.

Comment

• I can't be worrying about where he goes for his maiden tbh.

Min started out over 2m 2f, Vautour ran over 2m 2f (Deloitte) his race prior to his festival win and as has already been noted Champagne Fever ran over 2m 4f & 2m 2f (Deloitte) before winning the Supreme.

Getabird also ran over 2m 4f prior to the festival but obviously struggled in the race, with the excuse being the left handed track.

I'm more inclined to make a judgement if Annamix doesn't end up in either the Moscow Flyer or the Deloitte pre festival.
                        Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 19 December 2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          The pessimist could interpret that as:

Annamix is not working as well as last year. He needs bottomless ground. He’s a stayer.

The first thing I thought when I read it was that he isn’t working as well as last year

Comment

• It was the Lawlers comment that threw me.

That is a ballymore/potato race trial. Think this lack of rain has got Willie all confused

Comment

• I found this interesting:

Every year the first three home in the Champion Bumper are somewhat lazily inserted as the ante-post favourites for the following year’s novice hurdles. However, history will tell you that this is not the place to look for future Cheltenham Festival winners, as only two of the thirty horses to fill the frame between 2008 and 2017 (last 10 years) have won at the Festival subsequently, namely Cue Card (2009 - 2013) and Champagne Fever (2012 - 2013).
                              Whilst that statistic is rather damning, those who possess previous Cheltenham experience do have a very good record in novice events. Take this year for example; seven of the nine novice winners had run at Prestbury Park before, with Samcro, who won the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle, and Laurina, who landed the Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle, the only exceptions. While 11 of the 18 runners who filled the places also boasted previous experience in the Cotswolds.
                              If combining these two factors, which means putting a line through those who contested the 2018 Champion Bumper and those who have no Cheltenham experience to date, the two shortest priced contenders are Al Dancer, who impressively won a handicap off a mark of
                              129 at Cheltenham last weekend, and Thomas Darby (Supreme Novices Hurdle), who made a successful hurdling debut at Prestbury Park in October. The former is unbeaten over timber and is clearly a very promising young horse. However, a glance at the form book reveals that the latter may be the horse to focus on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                                I found this interesting:

Every year the first three home in the Champion Bumper are somewhat lazily inserted as the ante-post favourites for the following year’s novice hurdles. However, history will tell you that this is not the place to look for future Cheltenham Festival winners, as only two of the thirty horses to fill the frame between 2008 and 2017 (last 10 years) have won at the Festival subsequently, namely Cue Card (2009 - 2013) and Champagne Fever (2012 - 2013).
                                Whilst that statistic is rather damning, those who possess previous Cheltenham experience do have a very good record in novice events. Take this year for example; seven of the nine novice winners had run at Prestbury Park before, with Samcro, who won the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle, and Laurina, who landed the Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle, the only exceptions. While 11 of the 18 runners who filled the places also boasted previous experience in the Cotswolds.
                                If combining these two factors, which means putting a line through those who contested the 2018 Champion Bumper and those who have no Cheltenham experience to date, the two shortest priced contenders are Al Dancer, who impressively won a handicap off a mark of
                                129 at Cheltenham last weekend, and Thomas Darby (Supreme Novices Hurdle), who made a successful hurdling debut at Prestbury Park in October. The former is unbeaten over timber and is clearly a very promising young horse. However, a glance at the form book reveals that the latter may be the horse to focus on.
                                I like that cashew, but there's a lot of bumper to jumper lovers on here you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X