Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super performance from Quick Grabim and Ruby today. Thought he rode the horse with the same confidence as he appeared to have last time when the mistake at the 2nd last beat him. Have high hopes for the place part of my Supreme bet but probably won't have Ruby on his side for that. I suspect that result may well see Annamix shorten further in the coming days.
    Commander Of Fleet looked very slow. Surely the Bartlett is the best hope for his supporters?

Comment

• I don't agree. Ruby dictated the pace. COF was up in class and travelled well considering but got done for a turn of foot. Not a horse I'd back but it was a slowly run race.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
        Super performance from Quick Grabim and Ruby today. Thought he rode the horse with the same confidence as he appeared to have last time when the mistake at the 2nd last beat him. Have high hopes for the place part of my Supreme bet but probably won't have Ruby on his side for that. I suspect that result may well see Annamix shorten further in the coming days.
        Commander Of Fleet looked very slow. Surely the Bartlett is the best hope for his supporters?
        Martin pipe.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
          I don't agree. Ruby dictated the pace. COF was up in class and travelled well considering but got done for a turn of foot. Not a horse I'd back but it was a slowly run race.
          Agree with that, he did travel well and like you say didn't have the turn of foot. Obviously the Ballymore or the AB for CoF for me

Comment

• Anyone know when Annamix might be out? Quick Grabim was impressive today so excited to see what Annamix will have given the hype of this year and last.

Comment

• From what we've seen so far.... if you HAD TO HAVE A SHORTLIST OF 3....

Eldorado Allen - visually impressive and two of the beaten horses have won since.
              Quick Grabim - Won a grade 1 over 2m in Ireland today under the leading festival trainer and jockey
              Thomas Darby - I would fancy against DTLUOT in a more strongly run race (although I think TD will end up over further this year)

Of 3 I haven't seen, easy - Annamix, Blackblow and Tornado Flyer, at least one will end up here

Comment

• Anyone who thinks COF travelled well yesterday is correct.
                But what would you expect at that pace ?
                He obviously needs further and time will tell how much further and if he's near the top of the class.
                I'm not keen myself. He's a chaser, so the bartlett and/or martin pipe are good calls - maybe he has a chance in those races.

Comment

• Just watched the RB again - seriously impressed with Quick Grabim's jumping. He was pretty much foot perfect

Be interesting to see what the vibes are now coming out of WPM stable, especially re Annamix and who they view as their main supreme contender

Comment

• 50/1 is a great price on Quick Grabim but I think the manner of his victory is one of the things that frustrates me at times with Irish racing. For years it seems Ruby is able to dictate these small field races without anyone trying to disrupt his tactics, it's almost a case of "after you Ruby, we'll just follow on behind". Ruby is the best at riding from the front, dictating the fractions and then kicking away to victory - So why let him do it?! Why Gigginstown did not run something to give CoF a proper tow into the race I'll never know as the horse clearly needs further than 2m and would even struggle in a fast 2m race.

I'm sure at Cheltenham Quick Grabim might not be afforded the same uncontested lead and you have to consider if Ruby will be on him if Annamix does indeed exist and live up to expectations. But at 50/1 he's shown enough to be one of the best ante post prices of this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      50/1 is a great price on Quick Grabim but I think the manner of his victory is one of the things that frustrates me at times with Irish racing. For years it seems Ruby is able to dictate these small field races without anyone trying to disrupt his tactics, it's almost a case of "after you Ruby, we'll just follow on behind". Ruby is the best at riding from the front, dictating the fractions and then kicking away to victory - So why let him do it?! Why Gigginstown did not run something to give CoF a proper tow into the race I'll never know as the horse clearly needs further than 2m and would even struggle in a fast 2m race.

I'm sure at Cheltenham Quick Grabim might not be afforded the same uncontested lead and you have to consider if Ruby will be on him if Annamix does indeed exist and live up to expectations. But at 50/1 he's shown enough to be one of the best ante post prices of this season.
                      Because not every horse can go from the front, and those that do usually cut their own throats in doing so, for example Sharjah & Samcro this season, Kennedy did not let Ruby get away but in doing so also lost the race himself, or how about last seasons Arkle, Petit Mouchoir & Saint Calvados setting off against each other from the flag drop, one ended up tailed way off and the other managed a poor 3rd. You wouldn't be a happy owner if a trainer instructed a jockey to ride aggressively just to upset the opposition, when you know full well that isn't in the best interests of the horse.

Willie & Ruby know how to deal with the situation, they've been doing it for years. Faugheen at Punchestown over 3m last season, the jockeys came in and said they just couldn't go with him, so they had no hope, they thought he was going to come back to them, in this case Quick Grabim has a very good turn of foot and done them all.

Obviously this is all relative to what the owners have as well, as you noted, Gigginstown have plenty of horses, but they probably don't see COF as their number 1, and if they do they now know where they stand IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Because not every horse can go from the front, and those that do usually cut their own throats in doing so, for example Sharjah & Samcro this season, Kennedy did not let Ruby get away but in doing so also lost the race himself, or how about last seasons Arkle, Petit Mouchoir & Saint Calvados setting off against each other from the flag drop, one ended up tailed way off and the other managed a poor 3rd. You wouldn't be a happy owner if a trainer instructed a jockey to ride aggressively just to upset the opposition, when you know full well that isn't in the best interests of the horse.

Willie & Ruby know how to deal with the situation, they've been doing it for years. Faugheen at Punchestown over 3m last season, the jockeys came in and said they just couldn't go with him, so they had no hope, they thought he was going to come back to them, in this case Quick Grabim has a very good turn of foot and done them all.

Obviously this is all relative to what the owners have as well, as you noted, Gigginstown have plenty of horses, but they probably don't see COF as their number 1, and if they do they now know where they stand IMO.
                        I’m not saying a hold up horse should try and take him on for the lead but Gigginstown and even McManus have enough novices that they could have ran to force the pace for their respective horses whilst also negating the effectiveness of the market leader.

Comment

• I thought QG was a cert the last day as COF was so green on debut that there was no way he could have learned enough to win a G1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                            I thought QG was a cert the last day as COF was so green on debut that there was no way he could have learned enough to win a G1.
                            Yes and the trip was against CoF as well. I’m surprised the odds ended up like that too.

Comment

• Eldorado Allen entered in the first at Aintree on Saturday.

Comment

• Demopolis finally back on track tomorrow after circa 500 days off, was reported to have had a setback last year which obviously a slight concern unless your Annimix . Beat some decent sorts on debut back in France one of which was We Have A Dream so if he manages to beat The big bit tomorrow(tough ask i would imagine) who i think is a decent horse anyway what sort of price do folk think he would contract to as currently 50s?

Comment

Working...
                                X