Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Has Ricci said something on tv?

Guess it would explain the blue on oddschecker...
    He was asked for a horse to follow this season and said that last year they loved Annamix and sees no reason to have gone off her

My main concern, the same as last year, is that will Annamix be a Supreme horse? I think it's sometimes easy to assume that it's a Ricci horse and therefore he must be going for the Supreme. If I'm backing a horse sired by Martaline without seeing him race, I'd be thinking the Ballymore more than the Supreme, even more so now that he's a year older.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    My main concern, the same as last year, is that will Annamix be a Supreme horse? I think it's sometimes easy to assume that it's a Ricci horse and therefore he must be going for the Supreme. If I'm backing a horse sired by Martaline without seeing him race, I'd be thinking the Ballymore more than the Supreme, even more so now that he's a year older.
    It's the stayers that win the Supreme every year. Al Ferof is a prime example he is first off the bridle of the first 4 home but powers home.

Shame Ricci isn't actually able to indicate if the horse is back in training or in the same form as this time last year (same as in OJA) Worried he is just putting him up based on reports from the training ground before he got injured 12 months ago. Have a few quid riding him on him now but won't get too enthused until I hear something more concrete on Annamix's well being or better still a declaration.

Top Amateur
    To be fair, Ricci seems fairly transparent nowadays. The fact he's put Annamix up tells me he must be back in training.

Here's hoping anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Folski View Post
    It's the stayers that win the Supreme every year. Al Ferof is a prime example he is first off the bridle of the first 4 home but powers home.
    The only thing I would say is look at the progeny of Martaline and see if he’s ever sired a Supreme winner?

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    The only thing I would say is look at the progeny of Martaline and see if hes ever sired a Supreme winner?
    Fair point but look at the sires of the last 5 winners.

Vautour - Robin Des Champs - sire of Quevega multiple 3m G1 winner and Sir Des Champs 2nd in GC.

Douvan - Walk In The Park - other than Douvan and Min not anything substantial there.

Altior - High Chapparal - other than Altior the 2 highest RPRs are achieved by Different Gravy who's won his last 3 P2P over 3m and Hadrians Approach who won over 3m5f.

Labiak - Other than Labiak very average horses.

Summerville boy - Sandmason - Him and Blackop other than that the next highest RPR is 117.

Quote Originally Posted by Folski View Post
    Fair point but look at the sires of the last 5 winners.

Vautour - Robin Des Champs - sire of Quevega multiple 3m G1 winner and Sir Des Champs 2nd in GC.

Douvan - Walk In The Park - other than Douvan and Min not anything substantial there.

Altior - High Chapparal - other than Altior the 2 highest RPRs are achieved by Different Gravy who's won his last 3 P2P over 3m and Hadrians Approach who won over 3m5f.

Labiak - Other than Labiak very average horses.

Summerville boy - Sandmason - Him and Blackop other than that the next highest RPR is 117.
    To counter that, Martaline is a fairly established sire with a large pool of horses that could have run and won the Supreme. To ignore that is a little bit naive as the stats stand up for other prolific sires too.

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

I didn't realise we hadn't got this thread set up yet... have transferred over all relevant posts from the 2018 thread.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 10-14-2018 at 06:51 AM.

PP have also trimmed Annamix in the Ballymore market to 20/1 (12/1 now in the Supreme market). It does imply Annamix is back in training.

With 365 being the only ones remaining at 20/1 and their cashout being available I'm inclined to have a bet at 20/1 now and re-assess after his debut.

I'm aware this bet is more "Fear of missing out" rather than sensible punting and the Supreme is one of the easiest traps to fall into in terms of hype horses (especially for somebody like myself who likes to create a book for certain races).... but knowing all that, I'm still having 2.5 pts win this morning

2.5 pts win Annamix Supreme 20/1