Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=ComplyOrDie;78370]Missed the race, how bad was it? Definitely not a Supreme hope? Can still cash out a few bets with him in for minimal loss.[/QUOTE

He jumped ok in the main , going well but had no answer to the winners change of gear turning in. Perhaps a fast run 2 mile race might help , he certainly saw plenty of daylight today. He doesnt strike me as a festival winner , he might run a place at best.

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Beast;78371]
      Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Missed the race, how bad was it? Definitely not a Supreme hope? Can still cash out a few bets with him in for minimal loss.[/QUOTE

He jumped ok in the main , going well but had no answer to the winners change of gear turning in. Perhaps a fast run 2 mile race might help , he certainly saw plenty of daylight today. He doesnt strike me as a festival winner , he might run a place at best.
      Completely agree with what’s been said here - wouldn’t be backing it for anything ante-post based on its last two outings. I backed Pym on his first run this season primarily just so I could watch the race and it didn’t win convincingly but it did win. Today’s field should’ve been a formality if he is to turn up and win anything in March and he simply didn’t have the turn of foot. He needs further.

Comment

• Raya Time was being backed like he was already Summerville Boy, but 9.30 onwards on Saturday the market flip flopped + Brace Yourself was well backed. Stray horse ruined the race, and i doubt anything from that field is a contender for this they are all likely to need further. Raya Time if he can be straightened out has a ability, probably not enough still to be backed for this though.

Defi Bleu ran well considering he really is a stayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          Raya Time was being backed like he was already Summerville Boy, but 9.30 onwards on Saturday the market flip flopped + Brace Yourself was well backed. Stray horse ruined the race, and i doubt anything from that field is a contender for this they are all likely to need further. Raya Time if he can be straightened out has a ability, probably not enough still to be backed for this though.

Defi Bleu ran well considering he really is a stayer.
          Raya Time did incredibly well just to finish with 2 race ending mistake. Shame really because I wanted to see what how capable he was with a clean round of jumping

Comment

• Henderson prior to Pym running "He has two similarities with Altior, one he is owned by Pat and Christopher Pugh, like Altior, and secondly, he won his bumper in his first season" "He's come in this year, and we started him in the same race as Altior started in, I'm afraid that's the only similarity they have, I don't think he's the next Altior, but I think he's a nice horse".

Given the above and his below standard performance on Saturday I have decided to cash out and take a small hit on my bets with Pym in, and to re-invest elsewhere.

It's not so hard to see why Annamix is the money horse though, I mean, bar Felix Desjy in Ireland, we have not seen anything over this side of the water that looks remotely interesting yet IMO. Still a long, long way to go mind.

Comment

• Royal Bond entries:

Comment

• Anywhere heard when Annamix is likely to appear?

Comment

• Check out Archie’s post

Comment

• It wouldn't be like Willie to go G1 first time out and probably only 4 of his 16 entries will actually run. Early closing races are a bit of a pain because he likes to cover all bases and will happily pay the initial 360 euro entry.

Comment

• He did with Allez Colombieres in the royal bond and that didn't work out too well.

Comment

• I wouldn't be too concerned about Annamix not turning up for this anyway, as long as it doesn't get as late as it did for Melon to appear there will be no alarm bells here.

Would like to see a run by mid/end of December personally, which seems in keeping with Mullins main Supreme hopes anyway, from previous seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          I wouldn't be too concerned about Annamix not turning up for this anyway, as long as it doesn't get as late as it did for Melon to appear there will be no alarm bells here.

Would like to see a run by mid/end of December personally, which seems in keeping with Mullins main Supreme hopes anyway, from previous seasons.
                          Mullins already said he has royal rendezvous and quick grabim pencilled in for this.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                            Mister Fisher is entered at Newbury next week. He has the potential to be a real springer in this market if he wins nicely. Other than reluctantly backing Annamix, he's my only other bet in this race so far.
                            Confirmed for debut tomorrow at Newbury over 2m. He’ll be up against a couple of decent sorts in Garrettstown and Fibonacci could be interesting off the flat. 2m at Newbury on good-good to soft ground will leave no excuses.

I’m expecting him to be second favourite for the Supreme afterwards so I’d advise laying him now

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Confirmed for debut tomorrow at Newbury over 2m. He’ll be up against a couple of decent sorts in Garrettstown and Fibonacci could be interesting off the flat. 2m at Newbury on good-good to soft ground will leave no excuses.

I’m expecting him to be second favourite for the Supreme afterwards so I’d advise laying him now
                              Has Nicky given anything away about what kind of horse they see him as? (trip-wise)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Has Nicky given anything away about what kind of horse they see him as? (trip-wise)
                                Everything I’ve read is that he’s very quick and will be a 2 miler. I remember his debut as Henderson always targets the Kempton race and despite being very green, he mowed everything down in the straight and pulled easily clear in the end. Seems like he’s strengthened up over the summer too.

Comment

Working...
                                X