Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
    Topping up Raya Time @ 40/1 (Skybet)

Posted this on the AP thread in July but belongs on this thread - Won a National Hunt Flat Race at Killarney by 14l, backed from 33/1 overnight to 11/4. The horse has just been sold to Roger Brookhouse for £150,000 by Sam Curling. Interestingly, last year’s winner of this race, Summerville Boy, was backed from 50/1 overnight in to 7/2, and was bought by Roger from Curling for £130,000 9 days after that same race. Raya Time has been bred by Simon Munir.

The horse that came in 2nd that day taking a 14 length thumping was Jan Maat, who won over the weekend at Fairyhouse.
    For those that nibbled at 40's Raya Time has gone to Henry De Bromhead

Comment

For those that nibbled at 40's Raya Time has gone to Henry De Bromhead
      He's entered in the 2m maiden at Down Royal on Saturday so you may get to see him sooner rather than later. They may dodge that race if Gordon Elliott leaves in any of his big guns but he must be ready to run which.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        He's entered in the 2m maiden at Down Royal on Saturday so you may get to see him sooner rather than later. They may dodge that race if Gordon Elliott leaves in any of his big guns but he must be ready to run which.
        Yeh I was glad to see that. Don't think what Gordon does will affect their plan here.

Comment

Yeh I was glad to see that. Don't think what Gordon does will affect their plan here.
          I wouldn’t be so sure. I doubt either of them will be wanting to run their best novices against each other this early.

Comment

• Forgive me if this one has been mentioned already but a name that stood out to me on the list of 35 horses that Willie paraded yesterday was Mister Blue Sky. I don't know what was said about him and I've no inside information but I was a little surprised to see his name in such exalted company.
            On breeding, this is likely to be the target and he's available at 40/1 with bet365 who also are a quarter odds each way.

Comment

• Annamix now 8/1 with PP and Betfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
                Annamix now 8/1 with PP and Betfair.
                Without wanting to over hype the already over hyped, it does seem Annamix is this years 'Samcro'! Or at least we are being led to believe that is the case given the price reduction and, if you believe him, Willies enthusiasm for the horse.

Now obviously, Annamix's price will likely hold stronger than Samcro's did, because he came from France and was a lesser known quantity, but Samcro had been out in bumpers, as well as being noted by Elliott, Codd & others within view of the public eye about his ability.

PP & Betfair haven't wanted to take him on at any stage, and that does not look like changing any time soon.
                Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 1 November 2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Royal Rendezvous

“He looked very, very good at the weekend. I know he got beaten in a bumper at Galway, but I just thought we ran him in the wrong bumper there. He has settled in over hurdles and is another one that will be going for the Royal Bond.

“I always thought with his pedigree that he was going to be a staying novice hurdler, but what he showed me the other day is that he has plenty of speed. His temperament probably means that two miles is probably plenty for him at this stage.

“Until he learns to relax more in his races, I would think we will stick to the minimum trip.”
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Annamix

“He is a horse we have huge time for and watching him go around there, he has a huge stride. He will go the same route as we tried to go with him last year. I don’t have any idea where he will start off until this weather changes. I want wet ground for him before he starts off.”

Comment

• Quick Grabim

“He is very sharp and very good. I’m hoping he will be good enough for the Royal Bond at Fairyhouse. We will take it from there and hopefully he will be able to go down that two-mile novice route.”

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                        Forgive me if this one has been mentioned already but a name that stood out to me on the list of 35 horses that Willie paraded yesterday was Mister Blue Sky. I don't know what was said about him and I've no inside information but I was a little surprised to see his name in such exalted company.
                        On breeding, this is likely to be the target and he's available at 40/1 with bet365 who also are a quarter odds each way.

Mister Blue Sky

“He impressed me hugely at Wexford. For a four-year-old coming off the Flat to jump the way he did and to race the way he did, I think this fellow is top notch.”

Comment

• Cheers Scooby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
                            Annamix now 8/1 with PP and Betfair.
                            Good to see. He's my biggest bet by a long way currently. And 1 of only 2 ew bets.

Comment

• Pretty pleased with Seddon there. Thought he jumped well and the turn of foot between the second last and last Hurdle was impressive. Admittedly was getting 10lbs from the second so should have won as he pleased but couldn't ask for more and happy to be on at 66-1

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                                Pretty pleased with Seddon there. Thought he jumped well and the turn of foot between the second last and last Hurdle was impressive. Admittedly was getting 10lbs from the second so should have won as he pleased but couldn't ask for more and happy to be on at 66-1
                                I had him down as needing further so it looks like I’m wrong on that one. The yard and jockey really like him so he’s one to keep an eye on and there won’t be the same over reaction to him winning either.

Comment

Working...
                                X