Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Said this on thread earlier, horses that do what he did have loads left, he will be underrated going forward coz of the distance of his win, to do that means he is going very close in this lads.

Comment

• Allowance or not, Im absolutely staggered Fakir is fav for this race. Will be dead against him in this myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        Allowance or not, Im absolutely staggered Fakir is fav for this race. Will be dead against him in this myself.
        Kevin Blake all buy gave the game away on the FFP to my untrained ear.

I think the market has over reacted to him running in this race though... but I wouldn't dismiss him at all.

Comment

• Despite the question being about Mister Fisher Nicky has to drop Angel's Breath into the answer, think he's trying to tell us something

Comment

• Really interested in Price D'Aubrelle tomorrow at Punchestown. Had a feeling for him months ago and backed him eachway but has missed a host of engagements. Does anyone know whether this is ground related? Just doesn't seem likely to be much different tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
              Really interested in Price D'Aubrelle tomorrow at Punchestown. Had a feeling for him months ago and backed him eachway but has missed a host of engagements. Does anyone know whether this is ground related? Just doesn't seem likely to be much different tomorrow.
              Was pulled at weekend due to the ground. It's softened up a little now. So he's good to go.
              .stats boys won't like him. But I'd be hoping he goes well here
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Around this time last year, I was considering binning my Melon slips and cashing out a couple on B365.

Considering the same on Annamix, if he doesn’t have an entry this week, you’d assume that was it on that front.

Comment

• Triumph Ballymore Supreme Spud split with JP...my guess

Mark Walsh will ride Sir Erec in Triumph. Barry will ride Fakir. Joseph plenty of entries in Supreme and Mark will ride one. looks like Barry rides Champagne Platimun reading nickys blog. Angels Breath best of NJHs but hard to back now imo. Champ Barry’s in ballymore - Mark on Mulryans - birchdale/dd for spud for Barry - mark on rhinestone in spud.

Comment

• Surprised that Fakir has been made fav now with PPs

Comment

• Madness.......

Comment

• Price is almost forcing me to add Champagne Platinum at 18/1 now with 365.

Can't go off that price can he

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Price is almost forcing me to add Champagne Platinum at 18/1 now with 365.

Can't go off that price can he
                          Or 20/1 with Coral via the ATR website ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Or 20/1 with Coral via the ATR website ...
                            I agree it looks a decent price - it's just that the stable seem to think that Angel's is different gravy. That and the fact that JP seems to have bought Fakir specifically to go here puts me off CP, Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                              I agree it looks a decent price - it's just that the stable seem to think that Angel's is different gravy. That and the fact that JP seems to have bought Fakir specifically to go here puts me off CP, Kev.
                              Yes, both valid enough points

Already on AB at a bigger price and JP would have more than one dart (especially in this race), so I'm still quite tempted to add him, even if I lay off for my stake closer to the time.

Hendo's place record is so good in the race I wouldn't mind having him covered at the stage.

I don't think I was keen on him last time he ran, I must be going soft.

Comment

• Nicky making comparisons with Angels Breath and Altior in his racing post interview.

Festival hopes

It is notable that for all the established stars Henderson will, god willing, field at Cheltenham the one that gets him switching to mildly over-excited mode is Supreme Novices' Hurdle hope Angels Breath, who missed his run in last Thursday's Sidney Banks at Huntingdon when the sky fell in.

"He has all the making of an overhyped horse in that he has had one run over hurdles when they only jumped four flights," Henderson says. "What's more we are in a season when all the novice hurdle divisions from two miles to three – plus the mares – look red hot.

"But he is bit like Altior at a similar stage. He is sharp and straightforward, but the crucial thing is to get more experience into him even if it means a tinpot race giving away 10lb. All he needs is that experience."

Comment

Working...
                                X