Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What surprised me most about Annamix today was that I expected that they would try and lead and dictate proceedings. Because this didn't happen I wonder whether they have just over hyped him or has there been problems with his training which we are not aware of?

Comment

• Taken the punt on annamix on the exchanges at 25’s, expecting some race fitness will improve the horse. Slick over the hurdles, not sure how much improvement is there but if he bolts up then market will rapidly change again given the combo

Comment

• Could anyone who is backing Annamix please make their case for him to me?

He's ran 2 races, he's came 2nd twice...

People are speaking as if he's cruised his debut on the bridal by 5/10 lengths (just like Douvan, Min & Vautour did...who were the real deal)

The whole hype around this horse seems like a bunch of chinese whispers to me. It's almost a replica of Senewalk, unfortunately I was a bandwagoner for when he appeared on the scene and look where he is now?

Judging by the form of Press Conference too, it doesn't seem like he's the brightest spark either.

Annamix...not for me I'm afraid

Comment

• Senewalk came 6th, made multiple mistakes and was beaten a long way out

Annamix has been outbattled and it looked to me like he ran out of gas, also jumped well which is encouraging if taking the view he needed the run

I’m not putting more money down but I’m not giving up all hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilly View Post
            Could anyone who is backing Annamix please make their case for him to me?

People are speaking as if he's cruised his debut on the bridal by 5/10 lengths (just like Douvan, Min & Vautour did...who were the real deal)

The whole hype around this horse seems like a bunch of chinese whispers to me. It's almost a replica of Senewalk, unfortunately I was a bandwagoner for when he appeared on the scene and look where he is now?

Judging by the form of Press Conference too, it doesn't seem like he's the brightest spark either.

I think Press Conference is being given a bit of a hard time tbh. He's had 2 runs over 2m, finished 2nd in a NH Flat race against a horse that finished a neck 2nd in the Cheltenham Festival bumper, and also won against a horse that had plenty of 'hype' surrounding him.

His 2m form is not bad at all. His seasonal debut was over 2m 4f, and he hasn't looked a stayer, so the only reason I can see him being put over that distance was to get him beat and a reasonable price when they drop him down to 2m which worked a bloody treat today!

Why I can't give up on Annamix? Because I missed out on Summerville Boy, all bar a free bet, because he got beat in 3 of his races prior to the festival, and that bit me in the backside, one run for Annamix won't make his season, he deserves at least one more chance, just because he is Willie's and is 'expected' to win every race leading up to the festival, does not mean it will happen, and if it was a horse trained by anyone else we'd give it another chance after 800 days off a track and only being out battled on the run in.

I am not backing him again for the race but certainly not cashing out my bets with him included in.
            Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 28 December 2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              no his price over the next 24 hours could be, in line with PP at 25s. by then we would be in negative cashout. If anything was announced in the time before nrnb id be kicking myself.
              The NRNB price I don't expect to yield much of a profit for myself (I was on at 20s), i'd expect the shortest it goes would be 16s and therefore I wouldn't be nicking much profit.
              would rather be out now and assess later.
              Fair enough.

He's 16/1 now, so I expect the NRNB price in a few days to be shorter, but I'll leave it as a test so we know for future reference.

Not likely to be a big swing either way though so you may well be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Fair enough.

He's 16/1 now, so I expect the NRNB price in a few days to be shorter, but I'll leave it as a test so we know for future reference.

Not likely to be a big swing either way though so you may well be right.
                He's 25s. .... prob the same nrnb tbh as they'll be wise to cashout. And there must have a ton of it on annamix.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I thought I saw him at 16/1 - I had a lot of rum though

Yes they may well just leave him at that price, as I said, I'll just leave it as a bit of a test and see.

I have 2.5 pts win at 20/1
                  Cashout offer now is 2 pts.

Comment

• Any comments from Mullins as regards yesterday's run from Annamix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                      Could anyone who is backing Annamix please make their case for him to me?

Out of interest where actually is Senewalk? Did they retire him for finishing down the field on his three starts for then?

Comment

• “Just with the way our horses have been running throughout the past few days, the ones who’ve been running without a previous run, they’ve raced as though they’re short,” Mullins mused.

Hope for Annamix...

Comment

• Nice to hear them comments, I am still an annamix backer but I do feel I am clutching at straws haha

Hope the horse stays fit and we see a race fit annamix at cheltenham so we can properly assess

Comment

• There have been one or two who have coughed or shown a minor bleed post race so there is probably a low level virus affecting a few horses as well. Not unusual in any big yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              There have been one or two who have coughed or shown a minor bleed post race so there is probably a low level virus affecting a few horses as well. Not unusual in any big yard.
                              Heard anything specific regarding Annamix Archie? Having rewatched the race, he travelled really well and I’m pretty sure PT took a look between his legs rounding the turn, only to find very little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                Out of interest where actually is Senewalk? Did they retire him for finishing down the field on his three starts for then?
                                I was actually thinking this the other day, where did Senewalk actually go? Never heard another mention anywhere!

Comment

Working...
                                X