Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Yep already took it. As everyone else will. And theres substance to back up his words . Was just waiting to hear he stays in bumpers

El barra and shadow rider the other 2 to look out for alot later in the season.
    Just took the 33/1 on Asterion and put it in a double with annamix

Comment

• Interview here: https://twitter.com/itvracing/status...85740516823040

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        Not available in Ireland

Comment

• Felix Desjy won today at Galway . shortened up for this race , but unchanged for the Ballymore hdl.

Comment

• Annamix pretty much 10s across the board bar 365 who still go 14s. Glad I went back in when the 20s was still knocking around.

Comment

• I thought Felix Desjy did everything you could have asked from him today. Settled better than last year and jumped lovely. Admittedly didn't really beat anything but did his credentials no harm.

Comment

• Horse to take out of this weekends racing for the supreme.
                Quick Grabim. form of his win franked a couple of times, and willie and ruby mentioned this horse positively.

I'd imagine Quick Grabim will be heading the Royal Bond (Fairyhouse) direction. He's an improving horse with plenty of experience, and he'd definitely be in the top bracket of our better novice hurdlers.
                Last edited by Quevega; 28 October 2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                  I thought Felix Desjy did everything you could have asked from him today. Settled better than last year and jumped lovely. Admittedly didn't really beat anything but did his credentials no harm.
                  A #metoo on that

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Horse to take out of this weekends racing for the supreme.
                    Quick Grabim. form of his win franked a couple of times, and willie and ruby mentioned this horse positively.

I'd imagine Quick Grabim will be heading the Royal Bond (Fairyhouse) direction. He's an improving horse with plenty of experience, and he'd definitely be in the top bracket of our better novice hurdlers.
                    Would be madness to think he'd be mullins supreme horse. However he does seem to be this year's mengli khan./ long dog, A 2nd season novice who's using his experiance and come on a bundle. Might be one to steel a price on quickly if he wins the royal bond. However alot that have gone the same route have stepped up in trip. I'd love to know if annamix has worked with him.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 28 October 2018, 04:42 PM.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Would be madness to think he'd be mullins supreme horse. However he does seem to be this year's mengli khan. A 2nd season novice who's using his experiance and come on a bundle. Might be one to steel a price on quickly if he wins the royal bond. Or if someone sends one and beats him. However alot that have gone the same route have stepped up in trip. I'd love to know if annamix has worked with him.
                      He's definitely not sexy. But, the form is stacking up and he's currently got the best available form on the track.
                      A lot have gone supreme route also.
                      The rest of the article Ruby talks about the bumper horses from last year and says they all need a trip, pretty much. I thought it was interesting they already had the Bond earmarked for him, but it makes sense cos of his experience and already having won the graded race I suppose.

Comment

• Does anyone have any further insight into Denmead due to run this week? Ex-flat trained, could turn up in potentially strong looking race against didtheyleaveuoutto , Pym and co. First run over hurdles looked a fairly decent level of form. Are the Skeltons known for ex flat recruits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inglis Drever View Post
                          Does anyone have any further insight into Denmead due to run this week? Ex-flat trained, could turn up in potentially strong looking race against didtheyleaveuoutto , Pym and co. First run over hurdles looked a fairly decent level of form. Are the Skeltons known for ex flat recruits?
                          They got Mohaayed to finish 7th in the Supreme and then win the County Hurdle the following year.

Comment

Willie Mullins were on the mark when the former parted with £290,000 to secure the Suirview Stables-consigned Asterion Forlonge.

A four-year-old who was last seen winning a maiden point-to-point at Oldtown on Sunday, Asterion Forlonge shares his sire with another of Mullins' recruits in Grade 1 scorer Bacardys as both are by Haras de Cercy resident Coastal Path.

Kirk said: "The sire was a help because we have a couple of horses in the stables by Coastal Path and he's a well respected sire in France. I like the way he won his point-to-point - he finished off the race very well - and we've been very lucky buying stock from Pat Doyle too.

"He'll go back to Willie's yard and he'll be a horse for next season."
                            Cheers Scooby

Comment

• Interesting runner tomorrow in the first at fakenham - didtheyleaveuoutto , Bags of speed in bumpers last year but looks very ground dependant

Comment

• Originally posted by Inglis Drever View Post
                                Interesting runner tomorrow in the first at fakenham - didtheyleaveuoutto , Bags of speed in bumpers last year but looks very ground dependant
                                I was interested in him for the Ballymore at 50/1... but an interesting horse, shouldn't have too much trouble tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X