Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see he has an entry at wincanton on Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
      I see he has an entry at wincanton on Saturday
      And Sandown Friday, Huntingdon Sunday..

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
        Nicky making comparisons with Angels Breath and Altior in his racing post interview.

Festival hopes

It is notable that for all the established stars Henderson will, god willing, field at Cheltenham the one that gets him switching to mildly over-excited mode is Supreme Novices' Hurdle hope Angels Breath, who missed his run in last Thursday's Sidney Banks at Huntingdon when the sky fell in.

"He has all the making of an overhyped horse in that he has had one run over hurdles when they only jumped four flights," Henderson says. "What's more we are in a season when all the novice hurdle divisions from two miles to three – plus the mares – look red hot.

"But he is bit like Altior at a similar stage. He is sharp and straightforward, but the crucial thing is to get more experience into him even if it means a tinpot race giving away 10lb. All he needs is that experience."
        Oh my God I love him, all in.

Comment

• Exciting hearing this there is an X factor about him and can see him pulling away up the hill just like alitor did in his supreme

Comment

• Altior's Breath

Comment

• Cashed out Champange Platinum for full stake at 18/1

Backed Champange Platinum NRNB, still at 18/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Cashed out Champange Platinum for full stake at 18/1

Backed Champange Platinum NRNB, still at 18/1

Done the same, and many other bets too, although some with a small reduction of stake.

Comment

• I can't believe Fakir D'oudairies is Fav, Obviously a lot of support has come in for it on the exchanges. Is it just me who thinks it didn't beat much at cheltenham?

Comment

• What's not to like about Fakir Doudairies, it totally smashed up the field at Cheltenham including the well thought of Adjali. It will also be getting 8lbs off the field. Jumps great and the way it runs up with the pace suits the way in which the Supreme is run. Guess it will also have BG on board now owned by JP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooldaddy View Post
                      What's not to like about Fakir Doudairies, it totally smashed up the field at Cheltenham including the well thought of Adjali. It will also be getting 8lbs off the field. Jumps great and the way it runs up with the pace suits the way in which the Supreme is run. Guess it will also have BG on board now owned by JP.
                      Negatives for me:

Age - Don't see many 4 year old winners, though this could mostly be down to the fact you don't get many runners also. Need to look into more.

Form - It is questionable, he was getting 5lbs from Adjali and that one also overreached for a hurdle and in turn never looked comfortable after that. Would I have Adjali winning a Supreme? Absolutely not. Whilst some of us hold e/way 'hopes' for Adjali in the Triumph I think the general consensus is that one hasn't quite lived up to initial expectations. So how strong is the form really?

Jockey - Nicky has said BG likes Champagne Platinum, so unsure why he'd ride JOB's horse just because it is favourite, although you could still have Mark Walsh in the saddle or even JJ.

Tactics - He seems a keen going type, he will need to refrain from being too keen in a race as competitive as the Supreme. The race is usually run at a fair clip, so potentially he may be OK in this department and so only have it down as a minor negative.

Positives:

Course form - Has the all important course form, can't knock it.

Age - Despite the age being a negative above, it does also allow him to have an 8lb pull with the older horses.

Trainer - Young, up and coming (despite being in the game seemingly forever) NH trainer in JOB, I have no doubt about his ability to have one ready for any race at the festival.

Jockey - Unsure he will have first choice jockey on board, what with BG's connections to Henderson and his liking of Champagne Platinum, but Walsh or JJ are competent enough.

I am worried about FD, as have him covered for absolutely nothing, but I think there are enough questions marks for me personally to leave it that way. May use the SkyBet free bets on numerous accounts on the day, should they offer them, if not he is likely to be left alone.

Comment

• Price would be a big negative 5/1! No thanks.

Comment

• Anyone interested in Getaway Trump for the Betfair he is also entered in the Kingwell with marginal preference for the Betfair they will decide closer to declarations

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                            Price would be a big negative 5/1! No thanks.
                            Definitely a price thing for Fakir & Angels Breath for that matter.
                            But both have serious chances.
                            It's just a wide open race like last couple of years.

Comment

• I can see a Laibaik coming along and making us all look stupid. Wide open

Comment

• Does anyone know if Epatante and Angels Breath are cleared to run this weekend? Maybe Billymag will know?

Comment

Working...
                                X