Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jugofpunch66 View Post
    My best friend had dinner with Hendo this week. He said after finishing off a couple bottles of red, Henderson said he's running AB this weekend to impress, to ensure Dai enters him aswell, as apparently he was really impressed with AI dancer last weekend. Hendo thinks AB is better than AI.

On side note, said Birchdale is an animal and best bet of the festival for AB. Works all over his others including Dickie, Mister Fisher et al. Done plenty of work.

All whispers of course. Drunken whispers!!
    love a good whisper!!! Making me excited for Angels Breath, Champ, Birchdale Trico!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jugofpunch66 View Post
      My best friend had dinner with Hendo this week. He said after finishing off a couple bottles of red, Henderson said he's running AB this weekend to impress, to ensure Dai enters him aswell, as apparently he was really impressed with AI dancer last weekend. Hendo thinks AB is better than AI.

On side note, said Birchdale is an animal and best bet of the festival for AB. Works all over his others including Dickie, Mister Fisher et al. Done plenty of work.

All whispers of course. Drunken whispers!!
      Sounds dubious. A very reliable source told me Nicky does a dry February.

Comment

• Angels Breath is declared in the Dovecote tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
          I've also heard this

Comment

• I can confirm that's not the case, certainly not this year anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
              I can't imagine Hendo doing a dry week let alone a dry month! Aren't 'dry months' something coined by millenials to convince the world their not pissheads?

Comment

• Aramon’s times and performances with 11-10 on his back when he will have less in the Supreme is something that needs to be taken into account - he’s clocked some decent times last 2 runs. 2m Leopardstown 3m 54s and then 3m 48 with of course 11-10 I like them figures.

Also Al Dancers last performance and time was very solid. With a decent weight of 11-8 3m 48s. Similar to Aramon with him carrying more obviously different courses which of course I’m taking into account. (2 miles) Al dancer clocked decent time around Cheltenham 4ms over Supreme distance with 11-4. Can see why solid fave.

Grand Sancy performance last should not be underestimated although under - slightly shorter distance of 1m7f and a time of 3m 37s with 11-4 is impressive. At wincanton.

Elixir de nutz around cheltenham 11-0 3m 52s over 2m 87y - and then next run at Cheltenham 11-8 over 2m 179y further 4m 2s. Over CD this I would say is better performance than Al Dancer. Went in on 11-7 over shorter distance in tolworth in 4m 5s on soft ground. Shows class going on any ground too.

Mister Fisher around over 1m7f and a bit carrying 11-7 time on good to soft haydock 3m47s is a solid time too.

Angels breath 3m 52 on heavy 11-0 over 1m7f at Ascot is impressive think he’s a ballymore horse but would need to see him perform on good bit of an enigma.

Fakir cheltenham run with 11-0 4m 7s over Supreme distance on good to soft unfortunately I can’t have him at the prices.

I have not included Klassical Dream as I think he will be going Ballymore - these are just the top end of the market and the horses that have caught my eye. Obviously these are over different courses, distances and going so take them with a pinch of salt just wanted to collate some info and put it on here and make of it what you will.

I have watched the races too. Al dancer looks impressive like how he comes off the pace well in a finish - i do like KD but think he will go Ballymore. If I like him I have to like Aramon especially with the performances and weight he’s been carrying. Good speed and with a better ride could have got the better of KD I like his chances.

Elixir De Nutz has impressed me - what worries me is he has had his own way in races - Felix Desjy will be keeping him company and may disrupt but I do like the performances round cheltenham - see him placing.

Grand sancy I like his last performance and the time shows - elixir has had the better of him tho and he did struggle last year in the Fred winter all be it on heavy ground so he should improve.

So my 1234 with KD goes ballymore on the races I’ve watched.

1. Aramon
                2. Al Dancer
                3.Elixir De Nutz
                4. Grand sancy

I have focussed on the horses that impressed me there’s a whole big field likes of angels breath Klassical Dream I have discounted due to maybe going to ballymore would put KD up there and need see more of Angels Breath - other horses such as Itchy feet and Thomas Darby have of course got chances and this is just my opinion on what I’ve seen. Good luck.
                Last edited by Tigerroll; 22 February 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Aramon gave KD 5 lengths at the start. KD benefited from having the rail up the straight too. Still overpriced, even more so if Ruby rides.

Comment

• Still overpriced I agree - Ruby should have the choice over him and Annamix.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                      I've also heard this
                      So have I !

Comment

• Angels Breath (Nico de Boinville)
                        Everybody knows how frustrating the last few weeks have been and this horse has suffered because of it. I was hoping to run him at Newbury but that was called off and then we had to re-vaccinate which meant he had to have an easy day or two after it. But everything is absolutely fine with him now and his work has been excellent. He’s done plenty of schooling and is electric; he’s so fast and accurate over his hurdles – just like an arrow and I honestly don’t think you’ll see a better horse over an obstacle than him! I was looking at going for a small novice somewhere but he would probably have scared much of the opposition away so we opted to come here instead where he’s likely to get a good gallop and gain much more valuable experience, of which he does need. Obviously Dai Walters also has Al Dancer for the Supreme so this will tell us a lot more about whether we need to go up in trip or stick to 2m.

Comment

• It's fairly black & white isn't it. Angels Breath needs to win nicely tomorrow or he's going up in trip!

Comment

• Can't help but get excited when I read Hendos comments. AB in the Supreme is one of my biggest winners of the week, but have 2 points on him at 20s for the Ballymore (after cashing out 33s) and just put another 2 on NRNB at 10s. Also have the 1 point AL Dancer AB double at 120 so won't be a disaster if he does end up switching. Looking forward to the race tomorrow. As Sean says think we'll have a pretty good idea where he his heading this time tomorrow

Comment

• Dai Walters:

*"If all goes well, I’ve obviously then got the two of them for the Supreme because if he wins the Dovecote with a penalty, then he’ll be entitled to go for it.

“They are two special horses and I might know which is the better of the two in 24 hours, but at the minute I think they’ll both run.”

Asked if he favoured one over the other at this stage, Walters said: “Nigel will tell you he’s got nothing that can work with Al Dancer, but then Nicky has always liked Angels Breath and started him off in a Grade Two, which he doesn’t normally do, so we’ll just have to see.”

Comment

• The Betfair Hurdle winner has never won this....

Comment

Working...
                                X