Page 3 of 191 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur
    Pym needs a trip, got better the further they went.

Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Pym needs a trip, got better the further they went.
    Yeah absolutely. Was impressed with him them to be honest. The fact he made all on hurdles debut strikes me that they knew he'd want further too.

Amy comments from Hendo?

Top Amateur
    I've been looking but can't find anything!

A lot to like about Pym's run today. Jumped nicely in the main and when he was briefly headed approaching the last he really knuckled down and produced his best leap whilst under pressure staying on gamely to the line for a mostly hands & heels ride from Nico. He'll definitely improve for a step up in trip in time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRock View Post
    A lot to like about Pym's run today. Jumped nicely in the main and when he was briefly headed approaching the last he really knuckled down and produced his best leap whilst under pressure staying on gamely to the line for a mostly hands & heels ride from Nico. He'll definitely improve for a step up in trip in time.
    Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Is PYM still being aimed at the Supreme?

No, he wouldn’t be a Supreme horse and in my opinion he’ll get further so if it is anything the Ballymore will be more likely, but it’s a big if. He schooled this morning and jumped very well. I hope to have him out in the next few weeks.

Taken from the NH Unibet Blog last season...
    33/1 with PP still - I am pleasantly surprised - if I hadn't already backed him I would at 33/1

***oddschecker error, he's 25/1 best price.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 10-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Top Amateur
    I think that they'll be quietly satisfied with Pym rather than over the moon. While never exuding confidence, Nico didn't really ask a serious question.
    You can't take too much out of the race until the beaten horses (or Pym) reappear and you have to take note that the race was marginally slower than Div 2.

Top Amateur
    For anyone considering backing Didtheyleaveuoutto. As he's by Presenting I'd have always had him down for this race too.

DIDTHEYLEAVEUOUTTO (NICK GIFFORD)

Pretty Puttens never made it to the racecourse, but her half-brother Denman, who won the 2008 Cheltenham Gold Cup, certainly did. Pretty Puttens’ son Didtheyleaveuoutto, on the other hand, is a speedier type judged by his winning Rules debut in an all-weather bumper at Lingfield in November.

He covered the final two furlongs faster than all bar one Flat horse over the same C&D in 2017 – but he also possesses a huge stride, and it would be no surprise to see the family’s stamina manifest itself more when he goes over hurdles this season.

Didtheyleaveuoutto took on nine other previous winners for his second start in a Listed event at Ascot in December and again showed a smart turn of foot off a slow pace, and he was sent straight to the Champion Bumper for his next start nearly three months later, but found the soft going against him.

“The way he gallops at home he’ll definitely want a trip,” said Gifford, and given the horse’s stamina-laden pedigree, his future may lie in races such as the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival rather than the shorter Supreme.

Top Amateur
    Shaping up to be the hottest Novice for some time*

*classic preseason overreaction

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Shaping up to be the hottest Novice for some time*

*classic preseason overreaction
    I agree the Ballymore looks the likely destination for many of the predicted good things. The same goes for the RSA for the novice chasers.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    For anyone considering backing Didtheyleaveuoutto. As he's by Presenting I'd have always had him down for this race too.

DIDTHEYLEAVEUOUTTO (NICK GIFFORD)

Pretty Puttens never made it to the racecourse, but her half-brother Denman, who won the 2008 Cheltenham Gold Cup, certainly did. Pretty Puttens’ son Didtheyleaveuoutto, on the other hand, is a speedier type judged by his winning Rules debut in an all-weather bumper at Lingfield in November.

He covered the final two furlongs faster than all bar one Flat horse over the same C&D in 2017 – but he also possesses a huge stride, and it would be no surprise to see the family’s stamina manifest itself more when he goes over hurdles this season.

Didtheyleaveuoutto took on nine other previous winners for his second start in a Listed event at Ascot in December and again showed a smart turn of foot off a slow pace, and he was sent straight to the Champion Bumper for his next start nearly three months later, but found the soft going against him.

“The way he gallops at home he’ll definitely want a trip,” said Gifford, and given the horse’s stamina-laden pedigree, his future may lie in races such as the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival rather than the shorter Supreme.
    Only quoted for the Ballymore with 365 and is 50/1.

Best price for the Supreme is 25/1 (quoted literally every bookmaker).

...and people complain ante post betting is dead ...