Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jono View Post
    Good post! The fav has very often been the Mullins horse as well but just getting the Mullins horse right for this race is more often than not a sure fire way of getting value.

Outside of the years the Mullins #1 horse was fav:

2018 - Next Destination - 4/1 2ndFAV - 3rd
    2017 - Bacardys - 4/1 2ndFAV - PU but badly hampered so given no chance
    2016 - Yorkhill - 3/1 2ndFAV - 1st
    2012 - Arvika Ligeonniere -15/2 - PU just blatantly couldn't go left handed. Had 0% chance of winning this

All for the last 6 years his #1 horse has been either Fav or 2nd Fav and gone off at odds of 4/1, 4/1, 3/1, 7/2, 6/4, 6/4

A lazy and very obvious really but it's a race he excels at for his number one horse ridden by Ruby.
    Now the issue you have is trying to find that horse this far out when the value exists.

Tornado Flyer and Blackbow are both 25/1 still with Bet365 and would appear to absolute no brainers to back now at 25/1 if anyone hasn't as of yet being the 2 that would appear to be earmarked this far out for the race with the likely benefit of being able to cashout at any point in the season if targets start changing
    That's the way iv played it. But i wouldn't rule out carefully selected though PP are ducking him in the same way they were ND last year.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
      Good post! The fav has very often been the Mullins horse as well but just getting the Mullins horse right for this race is more often than not a sure fire way of getting value.

Outside of the years the Mullins #1 horse was fav:

2018 - Next Destination - 4/1 2ndFAV - 3rd
      2017 - Bacardys - 4/1 2ndFAV - PU but badly hampered so given no chance
      2016 - Yorkhill - 3/1 2ndFAV - 1st
      2012 - Arvika Ligeonniere -15/2 - PU just blatantly couldn't go left handed. Had 0% chance of winning this

All for the last 6 years his #1 horse has been either Fav or 2nd Fav and gone off at odds of 4/1, 4/1, 3/1, 7/2, 6/4, 6/4

A lazy and very obvious really but it's a race he excels at for his number one horse ridden by Ruby.
      Now the issue you have is trying to find that horse this far out when the value exists.

Tornado Flyer and Blackbow are both 25/1 still with Bet365 and would appear to absolute no brainers to back now at 25/1 if anyone hasn't as of yet being the 2 that would appear to be earmarked this far out for the race with the likely benefit of being able to cashout at any point in the season if targets start changing

I think the bumper crop will prove a strong bunch, but you would want that cash out option. Could be a few lurking in the stable somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        That's the way iv played it. But i wouldn't rule out carefully selected though PP are ducking him in the same way they were ND last year.
        Hadn't noticed that - might have to take Carefully Selected with 365 for that reason alone.

Already on Tornado Flyer and Blackbow (and might double stake on those actually).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Hadn't noticed that - might have to take Carefully Selected with 365 for that reason alone.

Already on Tornado Flyer and Blackbow (and might double stake on those actually).
          Cant wait for Carefully Selected's start over timber lads. I'm still confident of the 3m route so hoping he's Limerick bound at Christmas hopefully after an impressive 2m 4f maiden win to strip race fit.

Also notice Pym is entered up for the Ballymore Trial 'Hyde Hurdle' at HQ next Friday. Probably too soon after his last (deflating) run to take is chance but same race Nicky won with On the Blind Side last term. As expected a step up in trip must be on the agenda.

Comment

• I've had a saver on Carefully Selected for this but I've just got a feeling that Blackbow is their number one novice hurdler.

Didnt really fulfil his potential last year but 25/1 for this race with Bet365 looks huge. Just got to teach him to settle better and the world is his oyster!
            Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 10 November 2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Well Acey Milan beaten as well on a day of a few shocks. I think this ground may have a lot to answer for today. I actually backed the winner (Truckin Away) of that race as he was on the P2P dossier I sent out. Said he would be a nice time but possibly on flatter tracks. Not sure if he is a festival horse but won well anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                Well Acey Milan beaten as well on a day of a few shocks. I think this ground may have a lot to answer for today. I actually backed the winner (Truckin Away) of that race as he was on the P2P dossier I sent out. Said he would be a nice time but possibly on flatter tracks. Not sure if he is a festival horse but won well anyway
                Well done.
                like you said , its always desperate at ffos las. that's why I was happy with kilbricken storm as he particularly hates it.

Comment

Well done.
                  like you said , its always desperate at ffos las. that's why I was happy with kilbricken storm as he particularly hates it.
                  Couple more were entered for tomorrow as well so will have a look at the decs later when todays racing is over.

Comment

• A nice form boost for Commander of Fleet after Column of Fire wins the bumper at Navan in good style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      A nice form boost for Commander of Fleet after Column of Fire wins the bumper at Navan in good style.
                      Could Felix D's flop push him more toward the Supreme?

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                        Could Felix D's flop push him more toward the Supreme?
                        Possibly Folski. I have him covered for both races but just think he could be better over this trip.

Column of fire's performance does add some substance to the Punchestown bumper form. That was seriously impressive.

Comment

Possibly Folski. I have him covered for both races but just think he could be better over this trip.

Column of fire's performance does add some substance to the Punchestown bumper form. That was seriously impressive.
                          Hes beaten trees there today.
                          2nd beaten 18L by Yukon lil and 25L by young ted and he was beaten 20L himself by tornado flyer.

but could column of fire improve past commander of fleet, he only learned his job once commander of fleet had gone. And as Gordon's already said COF was very forward and been given to him straight and ready to run. Awaiting quotes to see if he goes for a hurdle next.

Column Of Fire brings up double

@NavanRacecourse

for Gordon Elliott: "He'll have another run in a bumper. I'd say that's all he'll do this year but he's a horse for the future.

Looks an interesting one for next year if commander of fleet dosent do too badly.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 11 November 2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hes beaten trees today
                            2md beat 20L by young ted and he was beaten 20L himself by tornado flyer.

but could column of fire improve past commander of fleet, he only learned his job once commander of fleet had gone. And as Gordon's already said COF was very forward and been given to him straight and ready to run. Awaiting quotes to see if he goes for a hurdle next.
                            He has beaten 'trees' but I was impressed by how he stretched away. I must admit that I haven't seen the quotes of Commander of Fleet being very forward last season tbh.

Comment

• Pym entered in the 2m5f Ballymore trial on Friday at Cheltenham. McGrath keeps the ride and is now rated 138 according to the RP.

Comment

He has beaten 'trees' but I was impressed by how he stretched away. I must admit that I haven't seen the quotes of Commander of Fleet being very forward last season tbh.
                                He was given to gordon straight for the race by the previous trainer who had him for his ptp. which is why he gave credit to them for the win saying he came to him straight and did little with him himself only asked michael/ Eddie if he could run.

Comment

Working...
                                X