Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
    Might be wrong, but although he was the hype horse, wasn't Samcro a possible for all 3 races until later in the season?

That generally seems to be the case with most horses, as trainers like to leave options open. I'm sure Elliott said speed for 2, but could stay 3 miles etc.
    He was smashed in for the ballymore there was no doubt that he was the one they had to slot in round and where he was going from October onwards.

But for the purpose of fairness

After race at*Punchestown Thu, 19th Oct, 2017 (1st)**Job done — we think he's a nice horse. Jack said it was pretty straight-forward and he would have done as much at home on the gallop,. He's relaxed and you could step him up in trip but he's got the pace for that. He's a nice horse, it's hard to know how good he is but we like him and we think the world of him. His bumpers were very good last year. Half-way through his bumpers he looks like he goes to sleep and is lobbing along. I think the day we really saw him was the day with Lisa when she gave him a slap down the shoulder, at Fairyhouse, and he showed the pace he has. He put it to sleep there from the turn-in to the last, he put 15-lengths between them. I don't think he could have done anymore than he did. He'd have to improve again to go to the next level but he looks a nice horse. We have that many of them we have to split them up. It'll be steady steady and he'll have one more run before Christmas I'd imagine. We'll have to look at something like the Royal Bond. I've said it all along I think he's quick enough for two miles and he has the stamina to stay and step out whenever you want. Chasing is going to be his game so we'll try and mind him.**Gordon Elliott
    Last edited by Scooby91; 17 November 2018, 03:34 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Yeah, remember him saying that a few times when interviewed.

I only backed him a/r early on, so didn't pay much attention once he went super short.

Comment

• interestingly Davy kept pushing him out to the line when he didnt need to , race was won ,satisfying first run of season and he really pushing him out. Has to be riding to Elliotts orders id imagine , so was it to learn him to settle and race? I then read Davys surprising comments and my reading of what he was saying is they dont know his best trip or how good he is...........YET.

I get feeling he doesnt show a lot at home (went of bigger odds than Column Of Fire on debut yet won well) and they always difficult to weigh up.

I have invested in him AP so watched race couple of times to give myself some reassurance , I thought if anything he looked in need shorter trip rather than a longer one , he cruised around bend and i thought he going to win hard held. His jumping was average at best and it will be very interesting to where he goes next and what trip.Jury still out to whether he a future festival winner 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
          interestingly Davy kept pushing him out to the line when he didnt need to , race was won ,satisfying first run of season and he really pushing him out. Has to be riding to Elliotts orders id imagine , so was it to learn him to settle and race? I then read Davys surprising comments and my reading of what he was saying is they dont know his best trip or how good he is...........YET.

I get feeling he doesnt show a lot at home (went of bigger odds than Column Of Fire on debut yet won well) and they always difficult to weigh up.

I have invested in him AP so watched race couple of times to give myself some reassurance , I thought if anything he looked in need shorter trip rather than a longer one , he cruised around bend and i thought he going to win hard held. His jumping was average at best and it will be very interesting to where he goes next and what trip.Jury still out to whether he a future festival winner 2019
          Davy has to push him out as the horse was very green down the home stretch and started to wander about.

Comment

• The Elliot yard all had Samcro backed for the Ballymore last year, that’s the difference despite what they were saying in public

Can’t see any way Commander of Fleet goes for the Supreme, too slow over his hurdles Ballymore or even Albert Bartlett surely

Comment

• The way thing's are going , it's going to be a Hot Al Bartlett , Next march .

Comment

• I'm undecided on what to do with my Commander Of Fleet Supreme bet... I backed him specifically with 365 to give myself the option to cash out though
                (2.5 pts e/w at 25/1)

I don't think he jumped well enough to be a Supreme horse (but hardly any horse can first time out)

He clearly has an engine and was green - although were the horses in behind good enough to prove just how much?

A strongly run two miles I don't think would see him in a worse light - but that is taking for granted he improves his hurdling technique next time out.

He's still widely available at 25/1 - but 365 now have him at 20/1.

Ponderings:
                1. Wait to see what trip he gets entered at next time - Davy was 'clear' in being 'unclear' regarding his trip, so 2m is an option?

2. What else is there in the Supreme - nothing so far, Annamix and Tornado Flyer to come out for Mullins if you follow PP as a guide, but he's put in as good as performance as any of the other two mile horses so far (maybe Thomas Darby but I believe the plan is for him to go up in trip

3. Elliott ran Flawless Escape in the race last year, and Runfordave the year before that - who both were very very very well fancied handicappers by the time we got to March

4. I've already backed him 13/1 any race and 2 pts win 22/1 Ballymore - which I think is the most likely target.

What I do NOT want to do is cash out too soon and make a rash decision, based on what was effectively a nice enough debut win...

Will probably wait until he's next entered up - price unlikely to change.

Anyone else in a similar position?

Comment

• Yep same position Kev. I don’t see any reason to make a decision yet. I’m just leaving it for the time being, see where he goes next.

Comment

• Danny Kirwan has a double entry this Friday at Ascot, novice hurdle over 2m and also one over 2m 3f, hope he is out soon, looking forward to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I'm undecided on what to do with my Commander Of Fleet Supreme bet... I backed him specifically with 365 to give myself the option to cash out though
                      (2.5 pts e/w at 25/1)

I don't think he jumped well enough to be a Supreme horse (but hardly any horse can first time out)

He clearly has an engine and was green - although were the horses in behind good enough to prove just how much?

A strongly run two miles I don't think would see him in a worse light - but that is taking for granted he improves his hurdling technique next time out.

He's still widely available at 25/1 - but 365 now have him at 20/1.

Ponderings:
                      1. Wait to see what trip he gets entered at next time - Davy was 'clear' in being 'unclear' regarding his trip, so 2m is an option?

2. What else is there in the Supreme - nothing so far, Annamix and Tornado Flyer to come out for Mullins if you follow PP as a guide, but he's put in as good as performance as any of the other two mile horses so far (maybe Thomas Darby but I believe the plan is for him to go up in trip

3. Elliott ran Flawless Escape in the race last year, and Runfordave the year before that - who both were very very very well fancied handicappers by the time we got to March

4. I've already backed him 13/1 any race and 2 pts win 22/1 Ballymore - which I think is the most likely target.

What I do NOT want to do is cash out too soon and make a rash decision, based on what was effectively a nice enough debut win...

Will probably wait until he's next entered up - price unlikely to change.

Anyone else in a similar position?
                      I'm in the same boat Kev have 1 point at 25s Supreme, can cash for full value now and I probably will when I find the next thing I want to back as I don't see him going back in trip realistically. Elliott doesn't seem to have anything else for the Supreme though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                        Elliott doesn't seem to have anything else for the Supreme though.
                        Unless you can forgive Felix Desjy one bad run and see how things go for him next time out?

Be surprised if Elliott has anything that will challenge what Willie has though tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                          Yep same position Kev. I don’t see any reason to make a decision yet. I’m just leaving it for the time being, see where he goes next.
                          Originally posted by Folski View Post
                          I'm in the same boat Kev have 1 point at 25s Supreme, can cash for full value now and I probably will when I find the next thing I want to back as I don't see him going back in trip realistically. Elliott doesn't seem to have anything else for the Supreme though.
                          Fair enough. I'm obviously not way off then I see Commander Of Fleet is now best priced 14s for this race... I expect we will 'have' to cash out at some point now but we'll see. Let me know if you make a move!

Other market moves, bit of blue for Thomas Darby whose form was franked in the Supreme trial, still available at 25/1 with 365 - very tempted to add for this race (Ballymore). Certainly makes the anticipation around Brewin'upastorm heighten too, as it seemed clear Olly Murphy thinks that is his best novice? (Would like to see him say something about the two of them now though!) I have backed Brewin'Upastorm Any Race at 22/1

Anyone else backed Thomas Darby for this race?

Comment

Fair enough. I'm obviously not way off then I see Commander Of Fleet is now best priced 14s for this race... I expect we will 'have' to cash out at some point now but we'll see. Let me know if you make a move!

Other market moves, bit of blue for Thomas Darby whose form was franked in the Supreme trial, still available at 25/1 with 365 - very tempted to add for this race (Ballymore). Certainly makes the anticipation around Brewin'upastorm heighten too, as it seemed clear Olly Murphy thinks that is his best novice? (Would like to see him say something about the two of them now though!) I have backed Brewin'Upastorm Any Race at 22/1

Brewin’upastorm I really like for the Ballymore but he’s not had any entries lately despite getting a few earlier on. Olly Murphys runners seem to be a bit below par too at the moment so maybe they’re holding him back a bit.

Comment

Was quite impressed with Thomas Darby myself... and have been weighing up having a few quid on him. Form starting to have a bit of substance to it and he bounded up the hill.

Has Olly Murphy said anything re targets? Seen the money for him in the Ballymore, but would be more inclined to back him for the Supreme I think.

Comment

I'm annoyed with myself for missing the 25/1 any race price. I couldn't see it disappearing today . He could easily run in the Supreme or Ballymore given his first race but I feel he'd be stronger over further.

Comment

Working...
                                X