Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

October Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all in favour of a 'life changer' for October !!

A la Mayo !

Comment

Originally posted by Joleg View Post

A la Mayo !
      In which case I'd like to put OK Corral forward for the National Hunt Chase, if taking on this race we are almost certainly guaranteed one of the better jockeys too, 33's with SkyBet or 25's elsewhere, think this will be cracking value come race day.

Comment

The Laurina news is another positive for Mengli Khans value

Comment

Re - Mengli Khan
          Has a (flat bred/raced on the flat) horse ever won the arkle ?

Comment

I can think of Well Chief

Comment

If we’re going life changer, I’d like to put forward a horse who was due to run today.

Road to Respect - Gold Cup.

He finished 4th on ground he would’ve despised and wasn’t too far off the pace early on before being taken back and eventually outstayed by Anibale Fly on the ground.

25/1 or 33s in places looks too big for me, and I know he’d have all sorts of trends against him but it’s undoubtedly true that he is better on true Spring ground.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Road To Respect but I'd be concerned that the official reason for him not running today was the ground conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  I'm a big fan of Road To Respect but I'd be concerned that the official reason for him not running today was the ground conditions.

Was thinking that myself seen as that is what the ground (good) normally is come the festival. Good horses go on all ground. It worries me he didn’t run today

Comment

Originally posted by Joleg View Post

A la Mayo !
                    To be fair Mayo should have his own thread for "The Mayo Million"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      To be fair Mayo should have his own thread for "The Mayo Million"
                      That's an insult to mayo, his multis are for a minimum payout of 2m....

Comment

Haha, Mayo Multi-Millions

Mayo's Millions

Comment

If we are going for a "biggie" this month (two solid 33/1 shots mentioned already), then I would be keen to get Al Boum Photo (Gold Cup) into one of these.
                          33/1 with SkyBet and according to the stable tour - he will be aimed at the Gold Cup.
                          Whilst Willie has never won the thing... that has to change at some stage... right???

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                            If we are going for a "biggie" this month (two solid 33/1 shots mentioned already), then I would be keen to get Al Boum Photo (Gold Cup) into one of these.
                            33/1 with SkyBet and according to the stable tour - he will be aimed at the Gold Cup.
                            Whilst Willie has never won the thing... that has to change at some stage... right???
                            Unless they go there with Faugheen as a Novice, he has to be their number one choice for it doesn’t he?

Bellshill is better going right handed. Footpad I can’t see going for the GC this year. So that pretty much leaves ABP to be Ruby’s ride and as a huge fan of Presenting Percy, I can’t see why he’s 5 times the price.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                              Unless they go there with Faugheen as a Novice, he has to be their number one choice for it doesn’t he?

Bellshill is better going right handed. Footpad I can’t see going for the GC this year. So that pretty much leaves ABP to be Ruby’s ride and as a huge fan of Presenting Percy, I can’t see why he’s 5 times the price.
                              I could actually see them go Gold Cup with Footpad BUT given the uncertainty over Footpad target and that ABP will be aimed at the race (and ABP price is bigger!) - he would be a "safer" option this far out.

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                                I wouldn’t be against ABP

Comment

Working...
                                X