Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

October Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Forum Yankee

I’ll start the thread with Jkite16’s post on the other thread:

‘October is here - isn't it about time we looked at an October Yankee?

I've just placed an early one:

Arkle - Kalashnikov @ 8/1
    RSA - Santini @ 8/1
    Mares Novice - Chante Neige @ 10/1
    Champ Hurdle - Samcro @ 4/1

Best odds with Skybet - 4454/1

I know we have already covered Santini and Samcro in a couple, but these are two of my best bets so far, so had to keep the faith.’

Chante Neige could be on to add to this month.

We should get some harder evidence this month for our picks, but I would almost be willing to back horses that don’t run rather than those that run, win weak races and inevitably shorten.

Another one I’d throw out is Shattered Love, but maybe she enjoyed the rain softened ground of last year’s festival. That’s something I’m certainly taking account of this year, potentially taking less notice of 2018 Festival form.

Comment

After reading the GE stable tour, I like the sound of cracking smart ... probably worth taking any race odds of around 14/1 unless some can put a strong case to be more specific.

Also looks like they are going to keep delta work busy through the winter so might be worth getting on side early with the aim being 3M chaser

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
        After reading the GE stable tour, I like the sound of cracking smart ... probably worth taking any race odds of around 14/1 unless some can put a strong case to be more specific.

Also looks like they are going to keep delta work busy through the winter so might be worth getting on side early with the aim being 3M chaser
        I’m on him at 14s any race. Will likely turn out to be one of my biggest antepost bets of the festival too.

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post

I like a busy (experienced) horse for the 4 miler, so wouldn't be surprised if DW becomes 'that' horse.

Comment

We should start to see a few smart horses appear this month so after the Cheltenham meeting and a few decent Irish meetings we might have some form/performance to analyse...

Comment

Having read Gords stable tour ive placed following lucky 15

Commander Of Fleet - Ballymore (Gordon sounds slighty bullish about him , he no Samcro but he might not need to be.)
              DElta Works - 4 miler ( looks the likely target and ground key to his chances , Gordon rates him)

Now 2 ive studied a fair bit in the close season.

Blackbow travelled like a good horse in Cheltenham bumper , but to my eyes he pulled alot and though on the snaff turning in had nothing left for the finish. Bugger did exactly the same next time out at Punchestown pulled to much. I am convinced if Willie can get him to settle better he could be a major player in Supreme. Rememeber My Tent pulling in his early days so heres hoping.

Monalee to my eyes blatently doesnt get 3 miles , he looks a Ryanair horse to me and has some great bits of form at the trip. Jumps great usually though has made odd mistake and Id be bullish of his chancesif i knew for certain Footpad wont run in Ryanair.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                Having read Gords stable tour ive placed following lucky 15

Commander Of Fleet - Ballymore (Gordon sounds slighty bullish about him , he no Samcro but he might not need to be.)
                DElta Works - 4 miler ( looks the likely target and ground key to his chances , Gordon rates him)

Now 2 ive studied a fair bit in the close season.

Blackbow travelled like a good horse in Cheltenham bumper , but to my eyes he pulled alot and though on the snaff turning in had nothing left for the finish. Bugger did exactly the same next time out at Punchestown pulled to much. I am convinced if Willie can get him to settle better he could be a major player in Supreme. Rememeber My Tent pulling in his early days so heres hoping.

Monalee to my eyes blatently doesnt get 3 miles , he looks a Ryanair horse to me and has some great bits of form at the trip. Jumps great usually though has made odd mistake and Id be bullish of his chancesif i knew for certain Footpad wont run in Ryanair.
                I was rewatching the bumper myself the other day and I completely agree he traveled well and if Willie can get him settled he'll surely be a huge player, I'll be keeping a very close eye on him I think he's 25/1 for Supreme at present which will only drop.

Comment

Agree with you both on Blackbow lads, he pulled the reins out of Patricks hands for nearly the whole trip in the Champion Bumper & had no chance up the hill after racing so freely. Jumping hurdles and a good quick gallop should help him to settle in the future. 25/1 for the Supreme with Bet365 is good value imo. Also should have the cash out option to fall back on should he appear to be going up in trip.
                  Last edited by SeanRock; 5 October 2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I know he's been mentioned before , But I really think Mengli Khan is well worth putting into one of these Yankees ,
                    Surely going to be aimed at the Arkle chs . After Kalashnikov @ 8-1. ,
                    The next Five are probably going to other Races , so to me Mengli @20-1
                    a great bet at this early stage .
                    Last edited by BigChaang; 6 October 2018, 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      I know he's been mentioned before , But I really think Mengli Khan is well worth putting into one of these Yankees ,
                      Surely going to be aimed at the Arkle chs . After Kalashnikov @ 8-1. ,
                      The next Five are probably going to other Races , so to me Mengli @20-1
                      a great bet at this early stage .
                      I agree 100% with this

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                        I agree 100% with this
                        *Thumbs up

I was against him but I lack of potential high class opposition makes him a huge price

Comment

I’d like to put Cracking Smart forward for the RSA.

I really really fancy him as an antepost bet.

Comment

Is it wrong to suggest that Energumene in the Bumper pretty much has to be in it now, since the whole forum is on!

Comment

I'm not on cpfcpatriot !, But if it's the forum vote , then i would happily include it ..

Comment

Working...
                              X