Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

October Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love ABP. Happy with him from my camp

Comment

A.b.P fine with me , 33-1 at coral too.

Comment

ABP? I hope he’s learnt how to jump then....

Comment

I personally think ABP’s fall in the RSA last year was a tired tumble, don’t think there was much left in the tank myself! He looked a little immature physically so if he’s filled out & strengthened up he could be a different proposition but based on the RSA there’s no way he’s reversing the form book with PP in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
            ABP? I hope he’s learnt how to jump then....
            Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
            I personally think ABP’s fall in the RSA last year was a tired tumble, don’t think there was much left in the tank myself! He looked a little immature physically so if he’s filled out & strengthened up he could be a different proposition but based on the RSA there’s no way he’s reversing the form book with PP in my eyes.
            We don't need it to jump, we need him to turn up on the day at a shorter price so we can all feel unlucky when he doesn't complete.

Joking aside, Willie often says he doesn't school his chasers over fences during the season for risk of injury (this may be nonsense but it's in my perceived wisdom for some of his horses) whereas a trainer like Paul Nicholls would have them schooling 'regularly'. I'd prefer a chaser to be with Paul Nicholls but I imagine that is a minority view, despite PN being the big dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              We don't need it to jump, we need him to turn up on the day at a shorter price so we can all feel unlucky when he doesn't complete.

Joking aside, Willie often says he doesn't school his chasers over fences during the season for risk of injury (this may be nonsense but it's in my perceived wisdom for some of his horses) whereas a trainer like Paul Nicholls would have them schooling 'regularly'. I'd prefer a chaser to be with Paul Nicholls but I imagine that is a minority view, despite PN being the big dog!
              ABP the moral RSA winner finishes every race with plenty.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Has anyone heard of Annamix?

Owned by S.Ricci - and in training with Willie Mullins (good record in the Supreme).

Been some money for him.... 14s available.

Comment

Annamix - Supreme
                  Mengli Khan - Arkle
                  Energumene - Bumper
                  Al Boum Photo - Gold Cup

Is that where we're at with 66% of the month gone?

**Sorry I've added Annamix tongue in cheek, but I imagine it'll be popular...

Comment

Annamix - Supreme
                    Mengli Khan - Arkle
                    Energumene - Bumper
                    Al Boum Photo - Gold Cup

I’d be happy enough with this.

This is the last month where we effectively go blind. From November onwards, we will at least have some form to reference into.

Comment

Have to be careful we don't wipe out too many bookies chaps, then we'll have nobody to back our horse with.
                      I like Kalashnikov for the Arkle, heard a fair bit of chatter about his wellbeing on coming back in, this race looks set to cut up really badly to me with most of those at the top of the betting looking like having other preferred targets.

Comment

Annamix - Supreme
                        Mengli Khan - Arkle
                        Energumene - Bumper
                        Al Boum Photo - Gold Cup

I’m happy with that!

Comment

Looks good to me

Comment

For the sake of conversation....

Would anyone prefer a flyer on Min in the Ryanair? 14/1?

With Footpad as the standout 2 mile chaser for Mullins, and plenty of others like Great Field who can mop up in Ireland, Min will surely be tried over further again?

Comment

Would happily trade annamix for a stab at min in the ryanair

Comment

For the sake of conversation....

Would anyone prefer a flyer on Min in the Ryanair? 14/1?

With Footpad as the standout 2 mile chaser for Mullins, and plenty of others like Great Field who can mop up in Ireland, Min will surely be tried over further again?
                                I’d much prefer Annamix.

I couldn’t possibly back Min for the Ryanair. The Ryanair could well turn out to be one of the races of the season with so many top class horses heading there. Min at 14/1? Not for me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X