Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I can only think of Faugheen being good enough to kick hurdles over and still win at the festival. ...
    French Holly use to bulldozer his way through the obstacles, remember him literally running through the last instead of jumping it in his (what is now) Ballymore demolition...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      French Holly use to bulldozer his way through the obstacles, remember him literally running through the last instead of jumping it in his (what is now) Ballymore demolition...
      Before my time unfortunately... but I see he ran Istabraq pretty close so must have been a good'un!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
        Hendo on Dickie Diver and Birchdale: “Dickie Diver is a lovely horse, a fine chaser in the making, but he has the raw ability to run a big race in the Albert Bartlett.

“He’s very professional and the step up to three miles will suit him. We’ll probably have Birchdale, another really nice horse, in the race and they're two strong contenders.”
        Sounds like Santini fever all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ziggym View Post
          Dickie diver going to chepstow again. Whilst I am a proud Welshman, it isn't my fav track , which begs the question, is it a good track as a warm up to the festival. My own feeling is no, but it is undulating and it isn't the normal heavy, so maybe there is some logic.
          yh run there twice .. and was also a nr there .. hasnt been much entered anywhere else .. most odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Before my time unfortunately... but I see he ran Istabraq pretty close so must have been a good'un!
            I was lucky enough to be at Sandown when French Holly won the Tolworth (Grey Shot was favourite and was utterly destroyed) - I've never seen anything like it in a parade ring before or after. 18 hands high and an incredible presence. So sad that he never got the chance to reach his full potential - we'll never know but he could have been one hell of a 'chaser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinch View Post
              yh run there twice .. and was also a nr there .. hasnt been much entered anywhere else .. most odd
              Personally I love Chepstow, a true NH racecourse , unlike the flat boggy bowl that is Ffos Las.
              IMO
              I’m also a proud Welshman and we both know about yesterday
              :-)))
              Don’t underestimate DD

Comment

• i dont .. its just odd for henderson ...seemed particulary set on running there .cant recall that happening .. maybe it just fitted in with the placement

Comment

• hmmm i see storm arising entered up this week from the race ///off 121 ...has shaped well

Comment

• ....Rockpoint underestimated for this according to Tizzard but EBF final at Sandown is an option the Saturday before Cheltenham (if it came up soft).
                    Last edited by Eggs; 25 February 2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• It looks like JP has 3 for this if Rhinestone runs so could Birchdale join Champ in the Ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        It looks like JP has 3 for this if Rhinestone runs so could Birchdale join Champ in the Ballymore.
                        Nicky said Champagne Platinum Ballymore too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          It looks like JP has 3 for this if Rhinestone runs so could Birchdale join Champ in the Ballymore.
                          Rhinestone is also entered for the Ballymore and for the Coral Cup (where I have a NRNB interest)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ....Rockpoint underestimated for this according to Tizzard but EBF final at Sandown is an option the Saturday before Cheltenham (if it came up soft).
                            EBF final was for Russian Hawk wasnt't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaser1980 View Post
                              EBF final was for Russian Hawk wasnt't it?
                              Colin Tizzard guides us through his Cheltenham Festival squad including a high-class trio bidding to give the trainer back-to-back Gold Cup victories.

Comment

• Rhinestone coming here apparently

Top target trainer Joseph O'Brien saddles Ryanair favourite Banbridge and a strong group of juveniles led by Boodles market leader Lark In The Mornin.

Comment

Working...
                                X