Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can tell with Willie but I discounted the Mares Novice when she was outpaced over 2m2f. We'll see what the handicapper does but the further she goes the better she looks. She even overcame the hoodoo of being best turned out today.
    She started out as a fun summer horse but in 5 runs she's already won listed races against the boys and out of novice company. Just shows how good Willie is at placing them.

Comment

would need it to be soft/heavy for mares novice. He'll persuade the members to enter in the lot i reckon,

Comment

You don't think he asks permission do you?

We probably wouldn't want it too soft for her but I'd have thought that her main target would be Fairyhouse at Easter.

Comment

What Robin did to the last hurdle yesterday is shown in the photo currently at the top of the Supreme twitter feed.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            What Robin did to the last hurdle yesterday is shown in the photo currently at the top of the Supreme twitter feed.
            https://twitter.com/supremehorserac
            Wow! That's an unbelievable photo archie! Incredible she didnt come down.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              https://twitter.com/supremehorserac
              You wouldn't believe that to be possible unless you'd seen it!

WOuld that set her back at all after the race archie?

Comment

No, she was grand in the morning. If you watch the replay she barely lost any momentum.

She seems to be a tough cookie and this race looks to be better these days for a staying hurdler rather than a nascent staying chaser.

Comment

[B]First Approach trained by N.Meade. 25/1

You couldn't fail to be impressed with FA in his novice hurdle victory at Down Royal. He has some smart bumper form as well.
                  Im holding back on a decent bet due to the direction the trainer could take with him.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    [B]First Approach trained by N.Meade. 25/1

You couldn't fail to be impressed with FA in his novice hurdle victory at Down Royal. He has some smart bumper form as well.
                    Im holding back on a decent bet due to the direction the trainer could take with him.
                    Noel Meade's recent record at the festival would worry me personally.

Good Boy Bobby's form franked by Weather Front yesterday at Hexham. I know a few of our members are keen on his chances here.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      Noel Meade's recent record at the festival would worry me personally.

Good Boy Bobby's form franked by Weather Front yesterday at Hexham. I know a few of our members are keen on his chances here.
                      He’s on my watchlist but is running over 2m again tomorrow. At most I think he’d step up to the Ballymore but I’m not sure he's going to be an Albert Bartlett horse. My theory was based on breeding but he does take a hold so a faster pace might suit for now.

Comment

I agree that Meade's record leaves a lot to be desired at Cheltenham, as my wallet can attest to. He's in good form at present but blows hot & cold to much for me.
                        I was taken with First Approach performance at Down Royal. Meade has a hot bumper called Impatient Partnerthat a few shrewdies are talking up. A line through that horse has FA beating him comprehensively.

Comment

Just a mention here for Remastered who beat Good Boy Bobby today. Quite frankly the connections are enough to put me off thinking about him for a championship race (which is sad really, considering the historic success) but he did it really nicely over a trip that is clearly inadequate. I’m not suggesting for one minute he’s an ante post proposition for this right now but he’s a great big galloper who looks to have loads of potential and it wouldn’t surprise to see him end up here at the end of the season before embarking on a chase career. Probably wants soft judging by his action but Pipe said after that he’d be confident he’d be ok on decent ground. Anyway, nice performance, wasn’t stopping, and beat a horse that many seem to rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                            Just a mention here for Remastered who beat Good Boy Bobby today. Quite frankly the connections are enough to put me off thinking about him for a championship race (which is sad really, considering the historic success) but he did it really nicely over a trip that is clearly inadequate. I’m not suggesting for one minute he’s an ante post proposition for this right now but he’s a great big galloper who looks to have loads of potential and it wouldn’t surprise to see him end up here at the end of the season before embarking on a chase career. Probably wants soft judging by his action but Pipe said after that he’d be confident he’d be ok on decent ground. Anyway, nice performance, wasn’t stopping, and beat a horse that many seem to rate.
                            It was indeed a decent performance even in receipt of 7lbs from Good Boy Bobby. Remastered handled the ground well but Good Boy Bobby had lots of form on soft and heavy so you can't blame that. I too would be wary of Remastered's connections and probably prefer to back it for the Welsh National than anything at the Festival

As I noted on the other thread, it gives a very healthy boost to the Downtown Getaway form but I'm still yet to hear anything of that horse. If he does show up soon, I'll be taking a position on him for sure.

Comment

Time To Move On is making his hurdles debut tomorrow at Exeter over 2m 5f. He's up against Nestor Park who showed promise in bumpers last year but I'd hope Time To Move on will have his measure. I'd really like to back Time To Move on for the Albert Bartlett but I have this nagging doubt that they may go easy on him this season with a view to chasing. My other doubt about him running on soft or heavy only seems to be unfounded as it's good to soft, soft in places tomorrow. I'm very tempted but will wait until after tomorrow's race and see if they make any comments about the season ahead and hopefully still bag a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                Time To Move On is making his hurdles debut tomorrow at Exeter over 2m 5f. He's up against Nestor Park who showed promise in bumpers last year but I'd hope Time To Move on will have his measure. I'd really like to back Time To Move on for the Albert Bartlett but I have this nagging doubt that they may go easy on him this season with a view to chasing. My other doubt about him running on soft or heavy only seems to be unfounded as it's good to soft, soft in places tomorrow. I'm very tempted but will wait until after tomorrow's race and see if they make any comments about the season ahead and hopefully still bag a reasonable price.
                                Shortening for tomorrow anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X