Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Doesn’t make up for years of having to endure the bus to Cheltenham hearing about how the New One was going to do it and win the Champion Hurdle over and over again!
    Yep. all of my travelling companions included. I gave them chapter and verse on how he'd get outpaced down the hill and stay on at the same pace up the hill and finish out of the frame. They never listened .Happy days after each race though.

Comment

Heard a similar story , One of my mates went to Ascot and this fella was Bragging all the way up there,
      how he was going to Absolutely Lump on the Short priced Favourite in the second race ,
      Obviously it got well and truly beaten by a double figure rag and matey lost his dough.
      But my mate said the coach journey home was Bliss..

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        Doesn’t make up for years of having to endure the bus to Cheltenham hearing about how the New One was going to do it and win the Champion Hurdle over and over again!
        I'm adamant to this day he would've won it in 2014 (Jezki's year), if he wasn't hampered by Our Connor falling

Comment

Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
          I'm adamant to this day he would've won it in 2014 (Jezki's year), if he wasn't hampered by Our Connor falling
          We'll never know for sure but he ran 3 identical races, three years running. I think he'd have been outpaced down the hill even without the fall of OC.

It has been the subject of many debates in the past though

Comment

Danny Mullins gives Carefully Selected a nice enough mention and name drops this race in the FFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Danny Mullins gives Carefully Selected a nice enough mention and name drops this race in the FFP.
              Tbf he also said footpad gold cup and douvan qmcc. Which isn't going to happen.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Tbf he also said footpad gold cup and douvan qmcc. Which isn't going to happen.
                Where would you have Douvan, Footpad, Min and Great Field running Scooby?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
                  Where would you have Douvan, Footpad, Min and Great Field running Scooby?
                  Footpad 100% QMCC
                  Great field 100% qmcc or bust

Other 2 you could debate all day. At Least 1 of the 2 in the Ryan air
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
                    Pretty sure he wouldn't have, I've watched the race many times and he gets back to them fairly quickly without expending much to my eye. He loses ground when they speed up down the hill and the jockey has to start riding. He might have won a stayers had they stepped up earlier, but they were fooled with the hard luck story. Like many others.

Comment

I can see the angle of Footpad for the Gold Cup (although I agree it's unlikely). He jumps, travels and will stay the trip imo.

Munir and Souede do have Terrefort who could easily turn into a leading stayer and that probably means they keep Footpad to less than 3 miles this season, although I certainly don't think it's 100% certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Reading between the lines of Ruby’s comments this morning I get the impression he sees Carefully Selected as an Albert Bartlett type aswell unless he see’s Blackbow or Tornado Flyer as needing 3m (which I doubt).

Carefully Selected; “He’s obviously a point-to-point winner and he’s a fine bug staying horse, who could get any trip. He surprised us in his bumpers because he’s not the most flamboyant at home so we can’t wait to go jumping with him. He ran a blinder at both Cheltenham and Punchestown last season and he was always going to be a better jumper than he was a bumper horse. He’s got a huge season ahead of him.”

“The three all look Ballymore or Albert Bartlett type horses.”
                        Last edited by SeanRock; 25 October 2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I've had this race as one to avoid, certainly early on in the season and not get involved but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet with CS. You've been making a great case for him for a while Sean and the recent comments from those associated have just been backing those views and regard up. 20/1 I'm in

Comment

Yeah certainly seems to be all positive noises from connections thus far Jono so fingers crossed.

I think his Dam Knockamullen Girl’s stock is going to prove very popular in the future. An unraced mare Carefully Selected was her first foal. Joseph O’Brien has the only other offspring a full brother of CS called Midnight Run who recently hosed up in a bumper round Galway. Priced 33/1 for the Champion Bumper and another to keep a close eye on this season.

Comment

Those comments tipped me today too - 2 points 15/1 any race Hills price boost

Comment

It's hard to get jono to part with his hard earned this far out Sean, so must be a superb case

Comment

Working...
                                X