Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added GoodBoyBobby to my A.B list yesterday.-33-1 @ corals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I've backed Gosheven at 50/1 1.5 pts e/w with 365 for this race this evening.

Jocked up for Chepstow on Sunday with Richard Johnson aboard. That race has been won in the past by Reve De Sivola, Silviniaco Conti, Blaklion, Poetic Rhythm last season and Hobbs has won it before with Fingal Bay in 2011.

Wouldn't need to win this race for me and he isn't one I think will shorten a lot but I think he'll progress nicely through the season.
      Finished 3rd.

Comments for his run...from SL
      Soon held up in last pair, steady headway on inside 3 out, 4th and hit next, kept on into 3rd run-in, no chance with 1st 2

and from RP
      Behind, ridden and outpaced by principals from 8th, took poor 3rd at last.

The positive is he certainly looked like he needed to go up in trip

I'd like to see him gaining plenty of experience this season... he has been pushed out to 66/1 which is silly based on that run. so I will cash out the 50s and back at 66s with takes the win from £900 to £1100 despite a lesser stake.

Comment

Carefully Selected

“He looks every inch a staying novice hurdler to me. He gallops forever and is really a chaser in the making. Hopefully he can earn his keep in novice hurdles this season before he goes novice chasing next year.”

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
          Carefully Selected

“He looks every inch a staying novice hurdler to me. He gallops forever and is really a chaser in the making. Hopefully he can earn his keep in novice hurdles this season before he goes novice chasing next year.”
          Thought of you straight away. Pleased to already have him in the book. Not able to check any market moves but I wouldn't be able to leave him unbacked

Comment

I thought this horse had been mentioned already (by FM) so it must be in the ante post thread... STAY HUMBLE

He's available at 40/1 and I revisisted One Jump Ahead 17/18 ....

"His style of racing reminds me of a young Florida Pearl: I fully expect him to feature very high up the pecking order of Mullins bumper horses this winter, could even be a possible Cheltenham Festival bumper winner and thereafter a career mixing with top class horses in graded races hurdles and primarily fences beckon"

Pat Doyle said the BEat Hollow gelding is the best four year old he has trained, considering he's handled Death Duty amoungst other G1 winners.

Graham Wylie highlighted him as one to follow in bumpers and Stay Humble could be top class.

Now obviously the bumper thing didn't work out at all..... but it'd be some shock if he wasn't better over obstacles and they are some incredibly bullish comments.... they could all be miles off but still, 40/1?

Comment

Stay Humble also won his first race over hurdles at 3m.

For a horse we didn’t see in a bumper until february he currently has 6 races under his belt. I’m sure he’d need a freshen up but he would conceivably have 10 races in him which would add to the idea of needing a tried and tested horse for the AB.

I have him in a free bet E/W trixie with Gilgamboa and If The Cap Fits (CH) but would have carefully selected ahead of him if I was looking st singles

Comment

Im very interested to see how Good Boy Bobby gets on over hurdles today.

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                  Im very interested to see how Good Boy Bobby gets on over hurdles today.
                  NTD's record at the festival would be enough to put me off I think.

I'm backing trainers rather than horses this year, probably end up with egg on my face!

Comment

GBB won well enough without being spectacular.

He drifted over to the fence after the last which probably cost him a couple of lengths so STD had to work a bit.

Will do him good that first time over hurdles. Plus the horse he beat has won 4 times on the flat so is a decent animal.
                    Decent start to his hurdling career.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                      NTD's record at the festival would be enough to put me off I think.

I'm backing trainers rather than horses this year, probably end up with egg on my face!
                      I rate him as a trainer but due to his lack of fire power in comparison to other yards, he’ll always struggle at the big festivals. He has won a Gold Cup and a Ballymore in the last ten years so when he’s got the ammunition he can find the target. That being said he’s more likely to win a festival handicap though.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        I rate him as a trainer but due to his lack of fire power in comparison to other yards, he’ll always struggle at the big festivals. He has won a Gold Cup and a Ballymore in the last ten years so when he’s got the ammunition he can find the target. That being said he’s more likely to win a festival handicap though.
                        Dont forget BallyAndy , won the Champion bumper, Blaklion the R.s.a

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          Dont forget BallyAndy , won the Champion bumper, Blaklion the R.s.a
                          yep. he has a pretty good record considering the ammo he has had. And anyone would think the new one had won at least three champion hurdles the way Nigel warbles

Comment

One Million plus in prize money over The New One's career not to be Sneezed at

Comment

Doesn’t make up for years of having to endure the bus to Cheltenham hearing about how the New One was going to do it and win the Champion Hurdle over and over again!

Comment

.Lo.l

Comment

Working...
                                X