Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOuld anyone fancy a Champ (Ballymore) / Birchdale (Bartlett) double

They won't take each other on will they? Obviously they might, but its interesting at their prices. Can justify an each way double anyway.

155/1 with WH/Unibet
    125/1 with 365 with cashout
    81/1 with sly but NRNB

hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      WOuld anyone fancy a Champ (Ballymore) / Birchdale (Bartlett) double

They won't take each other on will they? Obviously they might, but its interesting at their prices. Can justify an each way double anyway.

155/1 with WH/Unibet
      81/1 with sly but NRNB

hmmmmmmmmm
      Already had a Trixie of Champagne Platinum (Sup), Birchdale (Bal) & Champ (AB). Only small because obviously Champ is more fancied to go for the Ballymore despite my own beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
        I see An article on sky racing suggesting katson is targeting the Albert Bartlett River Don Novices’ Hurdle at Doncaster, I know a few others were interested in the horse for some of the other novice hurdles
        Yeah mentioned this when Mark Howard had his latest update providing he was deemed good enough the AB was the only race he was interested in come March, he did say that the Challow can bottom some horses and if it did that would be it for the year etc. The fact he's already talking about another entry must be encouraging for whoever is on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Unless they think (know) Birchdale is better than Champ, then Champ comes to the Bartlett instead.
          This could well happen, who knows for sure. But I wouldn't bet on it.

(Kev's saver double is tempting for a laugh (ignoring couple of dozen other horses in the mix)
          But once someone puts something like that up it's like having a melting ice cream in your hand, very difficult not to lick it.

They appear to have campaigned Champ as the better (speedier) novice hurdler of the two so far, at least in my mind.
          As to who's the best horse remains to be seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
            This could well happen, who knows for sure. But I wouldn't bet on it.

(Kev's saver double is tempting for a laugh (ignoring couple of dozen other horses in the mix)
            But once someone puts something like that up it's like having a melting ice cream in your hand, very difficult not to lick it.

They appear to have campaigned Champ as the better (speedier) novice hurdler of the two so far, at least in my mind.
            As to who's the best horse remains to be seen.
            The Ice Cream analogy got me

Comment

The Ice Cream analogy got me
              done the reverse double with B365 230-1 just in case your crazy theory is right.
              Had 2 ice creams obviously.

Comment

• Trainers are often creatures of habit, and I must admit I missed the fact Mr Whipped won the Leamington en route to the AB, so thanks for pointing that out Jackie.

As someone has already said, if you had Champ and Birchdale in two races, you'd be pretty short on the Ballymore for Champ and the AB for Birchdale I guess.

Really want to get stuck into the 25/1 but erring on the side of caution with cashout.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  done the reverse double with B365 230-1 just in case your crazy theory is right.
                  Greedy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    WOuld anyone fancy a Champ (Ballymore) / Birchdale (Bartlett) double

155/1 with WH/Unibet
                    81/1 with sly but NRNB

hmmmmmmmmm
                    You've talked me into it Kev and quevega. I'm having a lick

I have a nagging feeling NJH may have the strongest bunch of novices this year and Willie and Gordon might not be as strong as usual. Certainly going to be having a look at NJH top tariner when those markets are out.

Comment

• Away from things Henderson & McManus there is a horse running at Bangor tomorrow called Two For Gold who could be tailored made for this race as he’s stepping up in trip again tomorrow. He started the season running over 2m in a hot novice and was beaten by Elixr De Nutz by 4 1/4 lengths. He then went on to win over 2m 5f and is up in distance again to 2m 7f tomorrow. They obviously thought he was a good horse pitching him in deep on debut but he just couldn’t live with 2 mile pace. The step up brought out improvement and there could be more to come.

Comment

• Could be of interest Jackie. Price will likely still be 'backable' if impressive enough tomorrow, so happy to keep an eye on this one.

Comment

Could be of interest Jackie. Price will likely still be 'backable' if impressive enough tomorrow, so happy to keep an eye on this one.
                          Definitely. He does not have sexy connections and novice hurdles at Bangor tend to go unnoticed by most books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            You've talked me into it Kev and quevega. I'm having a lick

I have a nagging feeling NJH may have the strongest bunch of novices this year and Willie and Gordon might not be as strong as usual. Certainly going to be having a look at NJH top tariner when those markets are out.
                            Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Greedy!!!!
                            I'm a sticky mess now.

Done the mad CoD 230/1 switch too!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                              Thanks HF. Be interesting to see what they go with them already nrnb

Valtor 7/1 NRNB

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                                Valtor 7/1 NRNB
                                Grand National hope Valtor?

In the Albert Bartlett?

What have I missed. I want in!

Comment

Working...
                                X