Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't have thought that beating Getareason 2l screams Cheltenham winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
      I wouldn't have thought that beating Getareason 2l screams Cheltenham winner.
      It's as much his attributes. He had trouble in running all over there, Hes tough, Hardy, stays all day. He's perfect for the Albert bartlett imo.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Easy game.

"Ruby met with a lot of interference so it just goes to show how brave the horse is,” said Mullins.

“That’s his sixth run this campaign and his fourth win. He’s a horse that has gone a bit under the radar with us.

“I didn’t dream he would be this successful, and he’s improving all the time. He’s had a tough season for a four-year-old.

“Normally we go from this race to the Lawlors race in Naas but this horse has a different profile than previous winners of this race that we’ve had. We’ll see how he comes out of this but he keeps surprising me and getting stronger and better.

“I was delighted with Getareason. He jumped slow but he jumped a lot better than he did the last day, and he showed that he’s got an engine. He should be up to winning Graded races on that run, and maybe he could go further.”
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          I wouldn't have thought that beating Getareason 2l screams Cheltenham winner.
          Wouldn't have thought beating Call The Taxi 7Ls was Cheltenham winning form either.

Or any of Kilbricken Storm's previous form.

Hard race to call "form-wise" in my opinion.

Comment

• Agree, the were all in in a line 3 out, 5 in a line 2 out. Easy Game won a slow race with a turn of foot.

Comment

• Obviously have Rockpoint already at a nice price but one I am relatively keen on, and hoping maybe Archie could enlighten me further of any possible plans, is Aramon.

By the legendary Monsun, a sire of multiple (3) Melbourne Cup winners on the flat, suggests a trip over hurdles like the Albert Bartlett could be perfect for Aramon. He has done nothing wrong over hurdles to date, winning comfortably on debut over 2m 4f, before returning the next 3 times over the minimum trip, including winning a Grade 3 Novice Hurdle at Navan.

He was found out in the Royal Bond, but as previously posted about, seems a good early season prep for this race, despite only being over 2m.

He has had multiple runs on the flat and over hurdles now, so fits the profile of an experienced/hardened horse that you'd usually need for a race like this.

He is only 33/1 with Bet365, and whilst I am yet to place a bet on him with them, he is one I am considering, and waiting on entries over Christmas for.

Comment

• He's for stepping up in trip, between 2m4 and 3 miles have been mentioned COD.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                  He's for stepping up in trip, between 2m4 and 3 miles have been mentioned COD.
                  Thank you Jack, sorry, forget you also have involvement in SHR.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Thank you Jack, sorry, forget you also have involvement in SHR.
                    Yeah i probably wouldn't be as on the ball as Archie in regards to what has been said etc. but i remembered him being mentioned a while back and thought i'd double check.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                      Yeah i probably wouldn't be as on the ball as Archie in regards to what has been said etc. but i remembered him being mentioned a while back and thought i'd double check.
                      Perfect, cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Obviously have Rockpoint already at a nice price but one I am relatively keen on, and hoping maybe Archie could enlighten me further of any possible plans, is Aramon.

By the legendary Monsun, a sire of multiple (3) Melbourne Cup winners on the flat, suggests a trip over hurdles like the Albert Bartlett could be perfect for Aramon. He has done nothing wrong over hurdles to date, winning comfortably on debut over 2m 4f, before returning the next 3 times over the minimum trip, including winning a Grade 3 Novice Hurdle at Navan.

He was found out in the Royal Bond, but as previously posted about, seems a good early season prep for this race, despite only being over 2m.

He has had multiple runs on the flat and over hurdles now, so fits the profile of an experienced/hardened horse that you'd usually need for a race like this.

He is only 33/1 with Bet365, and whilst I am yet to place a bet on him with them, he is one I am considering, and waiting on entries over Christmas for.
                        Like that idea CoD. Certianly fits the idea you've had for a while.

My substantial gut tells me he'd be 2nd string but nothing relaly backing that up and it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Like that idea CoD. Certianly fits the idea you've had for a while.

My substantial gut tells me he'd be 2nd string but nothing relaly backing that up and it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference.
                          Yeah, there is that possibility, the other one I am leaning towards is Face The Facts, but want to see what he is about tomorrow, as he could well be a Ballymore prospect as well.

I'll also keep an eye out for the Limerick 3m race that Penhill won a couple of seasons back, IF either get an entry in that race I shall be pushing ahead with my bet.
                          Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 17 December 2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• 28Sep17 Newmarket (16GS, RPR 109)

Face the Facts went to the front a little early last time and was a bit unlucky. We held on to him this time and this was his minimum trip - John Gosden, trainer.

I know JG has an abundance of classy horses + FTF might just not be to that level, but the fact his "minimum trip" is 2miles in his opinion would definitely suggest this is his race.

The RP comment on him tomorrow is that his price tag is slightly worrying- i can see what they mean as he beat Nearly Caught a pretty decent stayer and surely given the demand for staying flat horses these days he'd have went for a little more?

Bargain?

There's a few comments about him in running that suggest he might not be entirely straightforward- near bolting at the start etc.

Very interesting horse.

Comment

• A bit behind today! Very well done CoD... not often you have an 80/1 poke running for you. Really great shout.

I added Easy game at 20/1... stamina looks to be the key to him.

Comment

• Yeah well done COD.

I backed him too for the race the other day. Dissapointed in myself for not sticking a few quid down at that mammoth price for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X