Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Doesn’t make up for years of having to endure the bus to Cheltenham hearing about how the New One was going to do it and win the Champion Hurdle over and over again!
    Yep. all of my travelling companions included. I gave them chapter and verse on how he'd get outpaced down the hill and stay on at the same pace up the hill and finish out of the frame. They never listened .Happy days after each race though.

Heard a similar story , One of my mates went to Ascot and this fella was Bragging all the way up there,
    how he was going to Absolutely Lump on the Short priced Favourite in the second race ,
    Obviously it got well and truly beaten by a double figure rag and matey lost his dough.
    But my mate said the coach journey home was Bliss..

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Doesn’t make up for years of having to endure the bus to Cheltenham hearing about how the New One was going to do it and win the Champion Hurdle over and over again!
    I'm adamant to this day he would've won it in 2014 (Jezki's year), if he wasn't hampered by Our Connor falling

Quote Originally Posted by jkite16 View Post
    I'm adamant to this day he would've won it in 2014 (Jezki's year), if he wasn't hampered by Our Connor falling
    We'll never know for sure but he ran 3 identical races, three years running. I think he'd have been outpaced down the hill even without the fall of OC.

It has been the subject of many debates in the past though