Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DonnyBoy View Post
    This race looks to be at the mercy of Derrinross to me. Not from one of the more fancied stables and if he was i'm sure this horse would be getting more favourable mentions. Seems overlooked, but to me could easily be good enough on the day.
    At the mercy might be a bit strong?

The form with Defi Bleu makes Easy Game (who beat DB 6.5L) more interesting at a bigger price? Defi Bleu was also beaten 54L by CoF at the DRF which doesn't make Derrinross' win over him by 0.75L look standout?

Other bits of his form are good though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      At the mercy might be a bit strong?

The form with Defi Bleu makes Easy Game (who beat DB 6.5L) more interesting at a bigger price? Defi Bleu was also beaten 54L by CoF at the DRF which doesn't make Derrinross' win over him by 0.75L look standout?

Other bits of his form are good though
      Don’t send Easy Game here!
      Ballymore please

Comment

• Is Dickie Diver not a horse than is just painfully obviously not ready for the Albert Bartlett?

I am going to be annoyed with myself when I inevitably get sucked in, back him, then realise he pulls way to hard and wanders around so won't win

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
          Don’t send Easy Game here!
          Ballymore please
          I think the PP and BFSB prices give that one away myself...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kevloaf;101798]I think the PP and BFSB prices give that one away myself

Not a horse to be left unbacked imo

Comment

• Lack of sleep and head in shed ....again :-)))

Comment

Is Dickie Diver not a horse than is just painfully obviously not ready for the Albert Bartlett?

I am going to be annoyed with myself when I inevitably get sucked in, back him, then realise he pulls way to hard and wanders around so won't win
                This. Dickie Diver could easily turn out to be the best of these long term but for this race you need plenty of experience over hurdles

Comment

BV please just watch the Chepstow race
                  DD comes to win the race, flattens the last , loses momentum and still gets up to almost to win.
                  IMO DD is the danger to COF
                  You’ve missed my point

How can you make conclusions for an Albert Bartlett when the race was run over 2m3f? LO has improved massively for the step up in trip, stamina is this chaps forte. The fact Dickie Diver managed to get back on terms tells me he’s probably too quick, I think he would be running in the Ballymore if they weren’t mob handed. Has he even run 3m?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                    You’ve missed my point

How can you make conclusions for an Albert Bartlett when the race was run over 2m3f? LO has improved massively for the step up in trip, stamina is this chaps forte. The fact Dickie Diver managed to get back on terms tells me he’s probably too quick, I think he would be running in the Ballymore if they weren’t mob handed. Has he even run 3m?
                    Won PTP Heavy 3 miles
                    Have no worries staying the trip
                    Get where you are re experience and past trends
                    Yes LO has improved and I did add a bit of 20’s but if I had to side between the 2 then DD

Comment

Is Dickie Diver not a horse than is just painfully obviously not ready for the Albert Bartlett?

You’ll be even more annoyed if DD wins ?
                      :-)))))

Comment

• Dickie Diver has a huge chance in this IMO. He is an out an out stayer with a touch of class and the Potato race has always been the target from the start of the season. I think this year more than ever we are going to see some trends broken and the connections almost pulled it off with OKC last year who had little extra experience.

Comment

Yep. Too inexperienced for me to bother with, however, as has been said, he is probably the most likely to end up the best of the lot in time.

Comment

• Agree 100% MS
                            I followed DD at Chepstow from the saddling enclosure through pre parade ring .
                            The race itself ?
                            DD’s to win going away but levelled final hurdle
                            LO has obviously improved and will need to imo to beat DD
                            This discussion has convinced me even more so and have just topped up on DD
                            This horse is no shrinking violet
                            Time will tell

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Yep. Too inexperienced for me to bother with, however, as has been said, he is probably the most likely to end up the best of the lot in time.
                              COD agree with second part of post
                              2020 ante post biggest bet for me

Comment

Agree 100% MS
                                I followed DD at Chepstow from the saddling enclosure through pre parade ring .
                                The race itself ?
                                DD’s to win going away but levelled final hurdle
                                LO has obviously improved and will need to imo to beat DD
                                This discussion has convinced me even more so and have just topped up on DD
                                This horse is no shrinking violet
                                Time will tell
                                Hah fair play mate. Not the owner by any chance are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X