Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Winners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've added Martin Pipe and Pertemps Winners for 2018 (and will add for 2017 when I get the chance):

Summerville Boy - Champion Hurdle @ 14/1
    Footpad – CC @ 9/2, Ryanair @ 8/1, GC @ 16/1
    Buveur D’Air – Champion Hurdle @ 7/2
    Benie Des Dieux – Mares @ 4/1, Ryanair @ 16/1
    Rathvinden – No Odds…
    Samcro – CH @ 4/1, Arkle @ 12/1, JLT @ 10/1, RSA @ 20/1
    Presenting Percy – Gold Cup @ 6/1
    Altior – Champion Chase @ 7/4
    Tiger Roll – Cross-Country @ 5/1, (Gold Cup @ 100/1!)
    Relegate – Supreme @ 20/1, Ballymore @ 16/1, Mares Nov @ 14/1
    Shattered Love – Ryanair @ 16/1, Gold Cup @ 25/1
    Balko Des Flos – Ryanair @ 10/1, Gold Cup @ 40/1
    Penhill – Stayers @ 7/1
    Laurina – Mares @ 3/1, Arkle @ 14/1, CH @ 14/1, JLT @ 20/1
    Farclas – Stayers @ 16/1, Champion Hurdle @ 40/1
    Kilbricken Storm – National Hunt Chase @ 25/1, RSA @ 33/1, Stayers @ 40/1,
    Native River – Gold Cup @ 8/1
    Pacha Du Polder – No Odds….

Delta Work - National Hunt Chase @ 25/1, RSA @ 25/1, Stayers @ 33/1
    Blow By Blow - National hunt Chase @ 25/1, RSA @ 25/1, JLT @ 25/1, Stayers @ 33/1

(As an aside, it may be worth creating a "One Jump Ahead" discussion thread)

Comment

2017 Winners
      (I have removed horses covered in 2018 list and those no longer in training – that I am aware of)

Labaik – Champion Hurdle @ 40/1, Arkle @ 50/1
      Apples Jade – Mares @ 6/1, Stayers @ 14/1
      Willoughby Court – Ryanair @ 25/1, Gold Cup @ 50/1
      Might Bite – Gold Cup @ 13/2
      Special Tiara – Champion Chase @ 50/1
      Yorkhill – Stayers @ 50/1
      Un De Sceaux – Ryanair @ 14/1, Champion Chase @ 16/1
      Let's Dance – No odds… (Have they retired her?)
      Defi Du Seuil – Arkle @ 33/1
      Sizing John – Gold Cup @ 20/1
      Champagne Classic - RSA @ 20/1

Now this list is potentially more interesting!

2018 winners are rarely missed by the bookies but (whilst there are risks attached) there are some pretty decent prices available here IF “forgotten” horses turn up…

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        Mullins Bingo is so called because that's what it is. What it isn't is Sullivan Bingo or Ricci Bingo. Mullins makes the calls and makes them as late as possible. I was at Listowel last week for Shanning on the Thursday (long term plan) and on the Friday it was supposed to have been Cadmium and Eileen O, even the week before. As it happened, Eileen O ran on Wednesday and Cadmium waits for another day. As owners you accept this and get on with it. Punters should learn to do the same.
        Anyone bringing up Footpad being diverted to Aintree at the owners' wishes might like to ponder the fact that he suddenly had a minor injury that prevented him from running there but had cleared by Punchestown.
        You're implying that Mullins created an injury in order to get his own way?

Come on?

Comment

No, I'm saying that, at the end of March, Footpad was taken out of Fairyhouse because the owners wanted to go to Aintree. A couple of days before Aintree (about 8 April) he scoped 'unsatisfactorily' and didn't travel. He was ok to win easily at Punchestown on 26 April, giving Mullins the lead in the Irish trainers championship.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            As owners you accept this and get on with it. Punters should learn to do the same.
            Very true and honest view this.
            Owners can send their horses to any trainer with a licence, if you want to benefit from the services of the best in the game you have to accept their methods and archie clearly does.
            The rest of us are merely punters and as disappointing as it may sound the likes of Mullins have no responsibility to us, the disgraceful actions by him at Sandown a few years ago in pulling his horses out a few mins before the race only back this up, but as I say, if I was Rich Ricci I would probably have agreed with the decision despite the total disregard for Sandown, racegoers and Racing in general that day

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
              2017 Winners
              (I have removed horses covered in 2018 list and those no longer in training – that I am aware of)

Labaik – Champion Hurdle @ 40/1, Arkle @ 50/1
              Apples Jade – Mares @ 6/1, Stayers @ 14/1
              Willoughby Court – Ryanair @ 25/1, Gold Cup @ 50/1
              Might Bite – Gold Cup @ 13/2
              Special Tiara – Champion Chase @ 50/1
              Yorkhill – Stayers @ 50/1
              Un De Sceaux – Ryanair @ 14/1, Champion Chase @ 16/1
              Let's Dance – No odds… (Have they retired her?)
              Defi Du Seuil – Arkle @ 33/1
              Sizing John – Gold Cup @ 20/1
              Champagne Classic - RSA @ 20/1

Now this list is potentially more interesting!

2018 winners are rarely missed by the bookies but (whilst there are risks attached) there are some pretty decent prices available here IF “forgotten” horses turn up…
              Like this list, but mostly because Sizing John is in it, and certainly is a forgotten horse IMO. Majority on the list I can personally passover, however there are a couple that intrigue me, notably Champagne Classic and Willoughby Court.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Like this list, but mostly because Sizing John is in it, and certainly is a forgotten horse IMO. Majority on the list I can personally passover, however there are a couple that intrigue me, notably Champagne Classic and Willoughby Court.
                Willoughby Court interests me for the Ladbrokes Trophy. Ben Pauling has indicated that he'll get an entry and he could be a big improver for a step up to 3 miles. His mark of 151 doesn't look too bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Willoughby Court interests me for the Ladbrokes Trophy. Ben Pauling has indicated that he'll get an entry and he could be a big improver for a step up to 3 miles. His mark of 151 doesn't look too bad either.
                  I agree with this 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I hope he gets outstayed and they realise he's the Ryanair winner in waiting

Comment

Working...
                    X