Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Owners Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for answering Archie, very good of you. Best of luck with him, one I really like the look of from a distance

Comment

I ended up getting a share in Divine Gift back in September, thought it would be a good laugh and the closest I'll get to owning a horse at this time in life! It's definitely been good fun getting the updates through each week and now he's declared to run in 1m 4f AW prep run at Southwell on Thursday so at least I should be getting a run out of him.

It's certainly more of a fun thing and not a serious way to own a horse of course but I've spent £45 on far worse things, would certainly recommend it if you are happy to go into it knowing that it is purely a bit of fun and you won't be able to encourage a Dodgy Dan style plot job for the Close Bros....

Comment

Originally posted by Native River View Post
        I ended up getting a share in Divine Gift back in September, thought it would be a good laugh and the closest I'll get to owning a horse at this time in life! It's definitely been good fun getting the updates through each week and now he's declared to run in 1m 4f AW prep run at Southwell on Thursday so at least I should be getting a run out of him.

It's certainly more of a fun thing and not a serious way to own a horse of course but I've spent £45 on far worse things, would certainly recommend it if you are happy to go into it knowing that it is purely a bit of fun and you won't be able to encourage a Dodgy Dan style plot job for the Close Bros....
        I bought a mate of mine a share.

Just had an hour on that race, and it has a really good chance.
        It's on a very good mark, considering it's last run. The form is excellent.
        Should go ok on the sand.
        Trainer has 50% record at Southwell 7/14 so knows what type of horse it takes to go on it.
        Drawn well enough, but over 1m 4f shouldn't matter that much with just 8 runners.
        I reckon they are taking advantage of the 3yr old allowance too.

The only thing stopping me having a big bet is I don't know how fit it is, or the price just yet ?

But he has had it a few weeks now, and they said the plan would be to go jumping, but I'd say the flat rating is worth exploiting. Wouldn't surprise me if this is a plot and they will run again with a penalty in one of southwell's last meetings of the year on the 29th or 31st.

Anything 4-1 or bigger and I'll take the gamble anyway I reckon. The bigger the price the bigger the stake.

A Christmas Gift ?

(or maybe they're just giving it a run out)

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          I bought a mate of mine a share.

Just had an hour on that race, and it has a really good chance.
          It's on a very good mark, considering it's last run. The form is excellent.
          Should go ok on the sand.
          Trainer has 50% record at Southwell 7/14 so knows what type of horse it takes to go on it.
          Drawn well enough, but over 1m 4f shouldn't matter that much with just 8 runners.
          I reckon they are taking advantage of the 3yr old allowance too.

The only thing stopping me having a big bet is I don't know how fit it is, or the price just yet ?

But he has had it a few weeks now, and they said the plan would be to go jumping, but I'd say the flat rating is worth exploiting. Wouldn't surprise me if this is a plot and they will run again with a penalty in one of southwell's last meetings of the year on the 29th or 31st.

Anything 4-1 or bigger and I'll take the gamble anyway I reckon. The bigger the price the bigger the stake.

A Christmas Gift ?

(or maybe they're just giving it a run out)
          The plan has always been to go over hurdles it sounds like they are buying a bit more time due to his confidence over them, this is certainly a prep run to get him out and running but like you said I do think they are exploiting the mark over this whilst they have it. I'm interesting in the pricing of this race too as like you say if he's overpriced it could be a nice one to get into!

Comment

Sincerely hope this isn’t the norm but a friend of mine has shares in Pentland Hills, he receives regular updates and whilst I won’t copy the entire thing here Hendo had said all season that PH would avoid Buveur D’Air until Cheltenham but that PH has been fit and ready to go for a while, furthermore, when the horse was declared in the International he expected PH to run a big race.
            Following the race Hendo said he was delighted with PH’s run and that he needed the run and always expected the horse to come on for it.

I don’t believe anyone expects a 1/3000 share costing £50ish buys you preferential information but the comments are clearly contradicting.

I think these syndicates are a great idea and great fun for a small investment but I’d hate anyone here, unlike my friend, to take every word literally because I think you could easily come unstuck.

Also as a side issue, the same friend has a share in a horse with Alan King, one of the e-mail updates he received last year confirmed the horse to be very well and expected to run well in an upcoming race, the e-mail was sent 2 days after the horse had been pulled out through minor injury....

Comment

I wouldn't say Henderson's comments are contradicting.
              Cliched maybe.
              Depends what you'd call a big run.

Not sure any bulletin will ever say "get your money down this can't lose" or "we're not expecting much as he's not fit and/or trying"

There won't be many horses these days that have so much hidden ability that they run in a race where they're a certainty, barring mishaps.

But you're right that these type of syndicates are not going to have that sort.

Which is why the emails/update are carefully worded and not too commital either way.

The King example seems pretty bad admin I reckon.

Comment

Oh the email updates are cliche central, I genuinely think each one I've got I knew what the next sentence in it as it's every cliche under the sun that we all use about horses on the forum. Like I said earlier its just some good fun for the year following him and having a claim to ownership etc. That being said I am fully expecting 3 Juv Hurdles runs before March to sneak him in the Fred Winter and piss up off a lower weight.....

Comment

Originally posted by Native River View Post
                  Oh the email updates are cliche central, I genuinely think each one I've got I knew what the next sentence in it as it's every cliche under the sun that we all use about horses on the forum. Like I said earlier its just some good fun for the year following him and having a claim to ownership etc. That being said I am fully expecting 3 Juv Hurdles runs before March to sneak him in the Fred Winter and piss up off a lower weight.....
                  Expecting nothing less than a triumph hurdle winner myself

Comment

Expecting nothing less than a triumph hurdle winner myself
                    Now that's just being greedy

Comment

I wouldn't say Henderson's comments are contradicting.
                      I said I wouldn't post the entire message but the following extract is from the group circular:
                      'Nicky Henderson says that Pentland Hills is in very good form and he is pleased with how he looks and the form he appears to be in at home, blah blah needs to improve on his juvenile hurdling form but he appears to be extremely well and he is very hopeful that he can step up and run really well'

Racing Post interview published yesterday:
                      'I was very pleased with Pentland Hills because I thought he came through like the best horse in the race and just needed it, he travelled very well and jumped beautifully, there's tons more to come from him'.

Whilst I wouldn't expect there to be any 'he will win' 'he won't win' type statements I believe there is an element of contradiction there...

Comment

Maybe a breathalyser reading to accompany all trainer comments. Much like going stick readings on Turftrax.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                          Maybe a breathalyser reading to accompany all trainer comments. Much like going stick readings on Turftrax.
                          Certainly around preview time that would be useful...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            I said I wouldn't post the entire message but the following extract is from the group circular:
                            'Nicky Henderson says that Pentland Hills is in very good form and he is pleased with how he looks and the form he appears to be in at home, blah blah needs to improve on his juvenile hurdling form but he appears to be extremely well and he is very hopeful that he can step up and run really well'

Racing Post interview published yesterday:
                            'I was very pleased with Pentland Hills because I thought he came through like the best horse in the race and just needed it, he travelled very well and jumped beautifully, there's tons more to come from him'.

Whilst I wouldn't expect there to be any 'he will win' 'he won't win' type statements I believe there is an element of contradiction there...
                            Maybe ?, although some would say he ran really well.
                            And some wouldn't buy the excuses after the race either.
                            Fairly standard fair from a trainer whose extremely good at waffle.

Comment

I’ve just had picked up a share in Gold Link who’s going to Emma Lavelle. Looks like he’s got a bit of size to jump a hurdle next year (or he’s being led round by a dwarf!) - let you know how he gets on!

Comment

Took 13/2 6pts divine gift
                                Will wait on other firms prices and re assess

Comment

Working...
                                X