Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Owners Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The squad for the new season is now in place. Dramalarma Lucy and Eileen O have gone back to their breeders which leaves established 'favourites':
    Kemboy - all roads lead to Cheltenham
    Cadmium - graded races
    Robin De Carlow - won her beginners chase last month
    Shanning - Galway?
    Chambord Du Lys - handicap hurdles
    Defy De Mee - over a hairline fracture and probably go over fences at some stage

plus the following who have yet to appear:
    Greenane Lady (renamed from Get Over It) - leased 5yo mare by Shantou - ready to roll
    Captain Kangaroo - 4yo Mastercraftsman gelding - bumpers late autumn
    Mount Pleasant - 4yo Beat Hollow filly - bumpers autumn
    Weston Park - 4yo Big Bad Bob filliy - bumpers autumn

I've also invested in Kemboy's cousin, a 3yo filly by Leading Light. Not a store as she's already been in work and schooled but she won't be out until next season.

Comment

Thanks for the update archie, will get them all in the tracker for interest.

Any idea on the starting point for Kemboy? I imagine the answer is no, way too early to make plans and ground/weather will dictate..... but you never know!

Comment

Current thinking is that he'll only go once or twice before Cheltenham but it will depend on when he comes to hand.

Comment

Has Kemboy's Cousin got a name yet Archie , or still to be named ??.

Comment

Known as Kemgirl but I don't think that's officially registered.

I quite like Kem Again or Kem Together if you're a Beatles fan.
            Last edited by archie; 9 July 2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Here Kem the girls?

Comment

Nice looking horse available on Owners group at minute.

Divine Gift - £45 per share.

Iain Jardine to train,
                Rated 83 on flat, was as high as 89.
                It's last race on the flat in June for C Fellowes is strong form meaning his flat mark is probably a winnable one.
                They've said it'll be dual purpose and is to go juvenile hurdling.
                By Nathaniel (rated 128 flat) and Souter's sister (104 flat) which is pretty decent.
                Trainer did well with Bedrock who was a similar type.
                Barring injury this looks a fun type of horse to have a small share in, and potentially a proper horse if taking to hurdles.
                Bought a share for a mate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  Nice looking horse available on Owners group at minute.

Divine Gift - £45 per share.

Iain Jardine to train,
                  Rated 83 on flat, was as high as 89.
                  It's last race on the flat in June for C Fellowes is strong form meaning his flat mark is probably a winnable one.
                  They've said it'll be dual purpose and is to go juvenile hurdling.
                  By Nathaniel (rated 128 flat) and Souter's sister (104 flat) which is pretty decent.
                  Trainer did well with Bedrock who was a similar type.
                  Barring injury this looks a fun type of horse to have a small share in, and potentially a proper horse if taking to hurdles.
                  Bought a share for a mate anyway.
                  Forgive my naivety... is that £45 a month?

I'd be really interested in this.... I pay more than that for Sky a month and get much less out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Forgive my naivety... is that £45 a month?

I'd be really interested in this.... I pay more than that for Sky a month and get much less out of it
                    One off annual payment if you choose to renew.
                    It’s a novelty really but horses like divine gift potentially will have a few runs.
                    There’s a Nichols bumper horse up at the minute but the write up suggests it might not run much.

Comment

A couple of mates had a £45 share with one of nicky hendersons horses , but with the Flu ,
                      and then the dry weather ( going g-f ) , their horse hasn't run yet , and maybe won't
                      before their years up , not sure if they'll renew ....

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                        A couple of mates had a £45 share with one of nicky hendersons horses , but with the Flu ,
                        and then the dry weather ( going g-f ) , their horse hasn't run yet , and maybe won't
                        before their years up , not sure if they'll renew ....
                        Yeah, that's why I liked the Divine Gift offer, as barring injury/illness it's likely to run on the flat and /or jumps. But time will tell. And it's only £45.

Comment

Just had a look at the O/Group website . Tempted by Stage star - Paul nicholls. Must take a while to sell 4000 shares ??.

Comment

I bought one in Asdaa- Maktoum horse with Weld, before moving to Owners Group + to be trained with M.Johnston. Main reason for it was the trainer, if there's one man to get them on the track a lot we know who it is! Also has solid enough form behind Basic Law.

I've had a monthly newsletter, and the amount of moaning about horse's not running is absurd. It's £40 odd quid!

Comment

Hi Archie, any thoughts at this early stage regarding Cadmium and the Hennessy?

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                                Hi Archie, any thoughts at this early stage regarding Cadmium and the Hennessy?
                                Zero chance I'd have thought. After the Topham, Willie said he'd stick to 2m4f and see how far he could go in graded races. He came in at the start of the month and looked well enough in himself a couple of weeks ago but, without any confirmation from anyone who knows better, I'm thinking in terms of something like the Clonmel Oil Chase.

Comment

Working...
                                X