Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Owners Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    Isty suggested I listed mine so I'll use this rather than start a new thread.

Poly Rock - my first horse with Supreme, coincidentally bought 4 years ago almost to the day. Over 3 years before we got a run due to a long list of minor injuries that started with a stress fracture the weekend before he was due to run in the Land Rover bumper at Punchestown. Willie has always said he's decent and he even an entry in the Royal Bond.

Cadmium - bought on the same day as Airlie Beach so I've had worse days. Hopefully goes for the Drinmore.

Bunk Off Early - injured when falling in May. In light training and looking at a spring hurdling campaign.

Robin De Carlow - come on a bundle recently. Wants decent ground and possible targets in about 3 weeks.

Dramalarma Lucy - leased. Picked up an injury but should be back in the spring.

Eileen O - leased. Wants winter ground but well thought of.

Shanning - come up against hot pots in 3 handicaps that have seen her go up to 136 from 128 in defeat. More to come hopefully.

Kemboy - still improving.

Chambord Du Lys - disappointing since returning from injury.

Get Over It - leased. Looking forward to her first appearance, probably next spring.
    Can you lease from supreme ? I thought you could only buy

Comment

It's more that you lease via Supreme.

Basically, fillies/mares are leased for racing from top breeders like Ken Parkhill. There is no charge but, obviously, you don't get any of the potential increase in value. However, you do get your percentage share of prize-money. As there is no upfront cost and you just pay a monthly training amount (currently £26 per 1%?), it's a cheap way of having a horse in training with a top trainer.

Comment

Hi
        I have a couple of shares in Clarendon Street
        Viewed the bumper run and looked a v progressive horse, came through the field well and one for the future hopefully
        It’s a bit of fun and regular updates keep you well informed
        I take my horses v seriously and was upset to see NH entering Birchdale in CS debut
        Not Nico’s finest ride or was he riding to orders?
        I’m not saying CS would have beaten Birchdale but .....

Comment

Poor effort today by CS
          EBF qualifier , first 4 .
          Looked as if Nico was riding for fourth and got tapped for toe
          Winner backed from 50’s

Comment

CS scoped badly post race

Comment

After initially buying a share in Parody, I picked up another around the end of last year on a certain Pentland Hills!
              After an impressive debut, me and a few mates were delighted that it was entered in the Triumph (one of the two days that we were at Cheltenham) and we were just happy to be there.
              We certainly didn’t expect it to win (although we did back it!)
              Whilst the race itself was marred by Sir Erec - the Owners Group experience is excellent and we really had an excellent day.
              We didn’t manage to get an Owners pass, but a superb experience nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                After initially buying a share in Parody, I picked up another around the end of last year on a certain Pentland Hills!
                After an impressive debut, me and a few mates were delighted that it was entered in the Triumph (one of the two days that we were at Cheltenham) and we were just happy to be there.
                Whilst the race itself was marred by Sir Erec - the Owners Group experience is excellent and we really had an excellent day.
                Congratulations Leman , You must have had a Brilliant day !!.

Comment

Very pleased for you, Leman. Well done.

Comment

Well done

Comment

A friend of mine also has shares in Pentland Hills Leman, he was very emotional after the win thought I'm unsure whether that was the link as owner of a festival winner or the large voucher he was holding at 33s.
                      Well done, a great day for the little man....

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                        I’ve only really been into racing for 6 years or so and our annual Cheltenham trip involves a well trodden path from the bar to the stand... repeat 7 times.
                        By having a runner, I paid more attention to the preliminaries and the parade ring. And it certainly added to the Cheltenham experience.

It still hasn’t actually sunk in that I am now an owner (albeit a very small one) of Grade One winner at the Cheltenham Festival.

For those (like me) without the funds for owning a horse outright, this is an excellent way to get more from racing.

PS. I don’t work for Owners Group!
                        PPS. Of the 30 plus horses, not all will go on to achieve anything like Pentland has and I believe that I’ve been very fortunate.... BUT with the likes of Getaway Trump, Miranda & Pentland Hills, there are sure to be other good prospects up for grabs in the coming months

Comment

Poor Pentland Hills given 153 after his Triumph win- Klassical Dream 157 for reference, and with the 8pds that suggests PHs would beat KD......madness!

Fakir went into the Supreme with the 8pds making him look like the likeliest winner, and notable was "dwarfed" by the opposition according to a review i read.....

The handicapper is almighty unfair on these Juveniles.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            Isty suggested I listed mine so I'll use this rather than start a new thread.

Poly Rock - my first horse with Supreme, coincidentally bought 4 years ago almost to the day. Over 3 years before we got a run due to a long list of minor injuries that started with a stress fracture the weekend before he was due to run in the Land Rover bumper at Punchestown. Willie has always said he's decent and he even an entry in the Royal Bond.

Cadmium - bought on the same day as Airlie Beach so I've had worse days. Hopefully goes for the Drinmore.

Bunk Off Early - injured when falling in May. In light training and looking at a spring hurdling campaign.

Robin De Carlow - come on a bundle recently. Wants decent ground and possible targets in about 3 weeks.

Dramalarma Lucy - leased. Picked up an injury but should be back in the spring.

Eileen O - leased. Wants winter ground but well thought of.

Shanning - come up against hot pots in 3 handicaps that have seen her go up to 136 from 128 in defeat. More to come hopefully.

Kemboy - still improving.

Chambord Du Lys - disappointing since returning from injury.

Get Over It - leased. Looking forward to her first appearance, probably next spring.
                            Poly Rock sadly suffered a fatal injury at Cork a couple of weeks ago.

Bunk Off Early has had another setback and will be retired to a good home.

As a result, I've taken a small share in Defy De Mee who can hopefully build on his decent second at Naas last month.

Comment

Sad to hear about Bunk off Early Archie thought he was a fantastic little horse with a bright future

Comment

first post on this forum- so looking forward to contributing. OG is a very inexpensive way of getting involved . For those lucky enough to buy into Pentland Hills, they now own a very small part of a dual grade 1 winner. Obviously with 3000 shares per horse theres no chance of winning any signifcant prize money but they keep you very well informed via email updates, magazines and video clips. There are quite a few whingers who write into the magazine wondering why their horse hasnt run and how they must have been 'conned' if the trainer decides the horse needs more time before racing but the syndicate managers are not afraid to publish these online and give full responses. I cannot fault the service and it is very low risk. If you want more for your money then you would have to step up to smaller syndicates and shell out much bigger annual payments.

Comment

Working...
                                X