Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I imagine he would have got up anyway but not sure how the starter let them have 5+ lengths at the start given how he’s been for every other race

Comment

• Does he come back for 3 in a row next year? 3/1 looks awful big, i wouldnt be interested in upping his trip next year, why risk ruining a champion, just enjoy him.

Comment

• Min was really disappointing

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
          Min was really disappointing
          didn't jump all way round, can't do that in a champ chse unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by Willypigeon View Post
            Does he come back for 3 in a row next year? 3/1 looks awful big, i wouldnt be interested in upping his trip next year, why risk ruining a champion, just enjoy him.
            How about the King George as an early season target then back for 3 in a row at Cheltenham,if any horse can,Altior can,a true champ.

Comment

• Just watched this race again. And it was the worst winning ride of the festival.
              Nico had every opportunity to show just how good the horse is but held on to him far too long and nearly got him beat, had he made an even worse job of jumping the last two fences he may have got him beaten. The horse got him out of the shit big time.
              HE - Actually looks a beatable horse now.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                Just watched this race again. And it was the worst winning ride of the festival.
                Nico had every opportunity to show just how good the horse is but held on to him far too long and nearly got him beat, had he made an even worse job of jumping the last two fences he may have got him beaten. The horse got him out of the shit big time.
                Agree the horse got him out this shitte to a degree as he certainly didn't ride him into the last two fences aggressively , looked in hindsight of well so long as i get over without falling i will win. Very much a division to get some big prices on board next year with horses like Cilaos Emery etc as who knows what Altior will do and bar him you would fancy any novice stepping into open company vs the rest of the crop.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  Just watched this race again. And it was the worst winning ride of the festival.
                  Min was one of my biggest disappointments of the festival. Altior was there for the taking and Min didn't show up.

I watched the CC from the parade ring and Altior looked a very tired horse (to me) when he came in. I just wonder what effect that race will have on him in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X