Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree on Saldier, to me looks everybit a lovely chaser.

On the Ruby and Footpad comments, you hear quite a lot of horses suffering overreaches and it's not until the race is over it is found out. Tells me all i need to know! Plenty of injuries are not noticed whilst full of adrenaline etc. Not just with horses.

Comment

• Surprised about Saldier being mentioned as a chaser - Champion Hurdle horse in 2020 was what came out of the stable tour wasn't it? Mullins said something like they see him as a Champion Hurdle contender, maybe this year would come to soon?

SOmeone must remember that too, it wasn't that long ago and I can't have made it up!

Comment

• Been away for a few days and whilst in pub watching racing, a few people slagging off Ruby BIG STYLE when Footpad came down. I wonder how many of these people were chanting RUBY, RUBY RUBY on same horse after last years Arkle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Surprised about Saldier being mentioned as a chaser - Champion Hurdle horse in 2020 was what came out of the stable tour wasn't it? Mullins said something like they see him as a Champion Hurdle contender, maybe this year would come to soon?

SOmeone must remember that too, it wasn't that long ago and I can't have made it up!
          Aye Kev I remember reading something similar im not too sure I think it might have been from Ricci

Comment

• Originally posted by Thistlecrack View Post
            Aye Kev I remember reading something similar im not too sure I think it might have been from Ricci
            Needs clearing up - if it was Ricci then it holds no gravity.

Comment

• Not it was WPM, but quotes from Mullins also hold little gravity.

Comment

• The comments were definitely WPM

Comment

• The comments were something along the lines of he'd be aimed at the CH this year. I would imagine ala Footpad extra year over hurdles before going over fences. WPM has commented on him being a chaser before.

Comment

• Anyone know how long Saldier likely to be out for ??., Broke a bone in his nose i read in R.post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                      The comments were something along the lines of he'd be aimed at the CH this year. I would imagine ala Footpad extra year over hurdles before going over fences. WPM has commented on him being a chaser before.
                      Exactly how I remember it Folski!

Comment

• SALDIER:

"I have a Champion Hurdle sort of career marked out for him down the line, but I'm not sure whether he will do it this season or not. We might try different races and different trips for him this term.

"If he is good enough he will get an entry in the Champion Hurdle. We think he is a really nice horse, but maybe in a year's time he will be better able for that race. We might just have intermediate races for him in the meantime."

The part were he mentioned "career" worries me slightly. I hope he means just a year, but then that wouldn't be a career!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          Anyone know how long Saldier likely to be out for ??., Broke a bone in his nose i read in R.post.
                          Mullins said a few weeks nothing major.

Comment

• Cheer's Folski.

Comment

• I'm coming round to sceau royal at 25/1 EW 1/4 for this, If he wins the schloer chase well enough.

he hosed up on decent ground at Sandown, he missed the arkle due to injury the ground would have gone against him but he'd have finished atleast 2nd on all known form there. if it comes up decent ground at the festival I wouldn't be bothered about the likes of st calvados, gods own, great field, fox Norton. And no one knows if altior and footpad will make it there sound. There's always the possibility he could even beat footpad on decent ground as atleast they haven't met.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 14 November 2018, 11:47 AM.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                I'm coming round to sceau royal at 25/1 EW 1/4 for this, If he wins the schloer chase well enough.

he hosed up on decent ground at Sandown, he missed the arkle due to injury the ground would have gone against him but he'd have finished atleast 2nd on all known form there. if it comes up decent ground at the festival I wouldn't be bothered about the likes of st calvados, gods own, great field, fox Norton. And no one knows if altior and footpad will make it there sound. There's always the possibility he could even beat footpad on decent ground as atleast they haven't met.
                                You don't KNOW he'd have finished second in the Arkle. That's a bit like me saying I KNOW Saint Calvafos would have won the Arkle on all known form if Petit Mouchoir didn't run.

Definitely not a valid reason to back him, the rest of the points are valid enough to have a go at 25/1 though.

I expect he'll come up short but wouldn't rule it out now

Comment

Working...
                                X