Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step up, Great Field

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Great field might be a spanner for St Calvados if they both line up.
      Yeah, Saint Calvados would need to prove he doesn't need to lead or can jump alongside another front running type to elimate any of those worries.

Can't imagine SC gets an easy lead ever again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        It's common sense Saint Calvados didn't run his in the Arkle

So 1-1. I don't see how anyone could be certain Footpad is a better horse than Saint Calvados.... one was 50/1, one was (can't remember, short though!)
        If you think that run would beat footpad in any of his other runs with tycoon Prince and arkwisht sat there. I can't comprehend that.

But at 50s ew you've a decent bet there.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          I don't think a lot of good horses will run their race first time out this season due to the weather etc...

A lack of good runs would back up many trainer comments about not being able to get out on grass.
          wouldn't that be the same for them all though, and I'd expect the bigger trainers to have more grass

Comment

• This is like bald men fighting over a comb. Pointless.

No horse has yet shown anything to suggest it beats Altior over 2m at Cheltenham up that hill. If it’s heavy like last year or bottomless, then maybe. But on decent ground, Altior surely has everything held. His turn of pace in the last 2-3f when he turns on the afterburners is different gravy. As STD said in one post race interview, “he’s a freak”.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
              This is like bald men fighting over a comb. Pointless.

No horse has yet shown anything to suggest it beats Altior over 2m at Cheltenham up that hill. If it’s heavy like last year or bottomless, then maybe. But on decent ground, Altior surely has everything held. His turn of pace in the last 2-3f when he turns on the afterburners is different gravy. As STD said in one post race interview, “he’s a freak”.
              It'll take a very good one to beat him, that's for sure.

Comment

Yeah, Saint Calvados would need to prove he doesn't need to lead or can jump alongside another front running type to elimate any of those worries.

Can't imagine SC gets an easy lead ever again?
                I think 50-1 was a great call mate TBF.
                but today was definitely an example of a soft lead. If you give a horse a soft lead and make mistakes you're gonna look bad.
                There'll be other days.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
                  This is like bald men fighting over a comb. Pointless.

Well wouldn't the forum be fun if we didn't talk about any other horses, then Altior steps on a stone and doesn't make the race.

You are correct, no horse has shown anything to show they can beat Altior up the hill yet... shall I close the thread?

Comment

• Altior snipped to evens now with Sky Bet and you can get 5s for Footpad. If you still fancy Footpad then maybe now is the time to back him. As I am pretty sure he wont be as rusty next time.

Comment

Well wouldn't the forum be fun if we didn't talk about any other horses, then Altior steps on a stone and doesn't make the race.

You are correct, no horse has shown anything to show they can beat Altior up the hill yet... shall I close the thread?

Imagine being on a forum where no one had am opinion

Comment

• There are some touchy people on here today

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                          Altior snipped to evens now with Sky Bet and you can get 5s for Footpad. If you still fancy Footpad then maybe now is the time to back him. As I am pretty sure he wont be as rusty next time.
                          Dangerous bet isn't it after a fall and having Altior to beat. He'll be back though. He's already spanked tycoon Prince by 25L as a novice coasted home. Just wasn't his day.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Dangerous bet isn't it after a fall and having Altior to beat. He'll be back though. He's already spanked tycoon Prince by 25L as a novice coasted home. Just wasn't his day.
                            I hope he will be back Scoob, he is a very good horse and just wasn't on point at all. I am still a big fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                              Altior snipped to evens now with Sky Bet and you can get 5s for Footpad. If you still fancy Footpad then maybe now is the time to back him. As I am pretty sure he wont be as rusty next time.
                              They could easily step him up in trip throughout the season, he could also be injured after that fall. 5/1 isn't a good price imo.

Comment

Only joking, Kev. Forum is great. Just sometimes people get a bit bullish about horses in this division and then you stop and think, hold on, this is Altior’s playground.

Opinions are great, especially when back up with the knowledge and analysis shown on here. But, for this division, could be all talk for 2nd place.

Comment

Working...
                                X