Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a strange thing to get annoyed over

Comment

• Probably send him to the world hurdle is

Comment

• I've had 1 pt e/w on Sceau Royal NRNB at 20/1 1/4 the odds.

If we get good ground, he may well be 2nd fav on the day and will be a single figure price.

If it's bad ground, I don't think they'll run him.

I don't think he can win but the place part pays more than a win only on Altior, and we can't just sit in silence

Comment

• Can see the logic to a degree aiming for these places bets and a 20/1 place is equivalent to a 6/4 winner granted , what would most people accept is a fair price in regards how far Altior could/will win by ? 5L+ evens etc ??

Comment

• Hard to price that up this far out, and there is only really Footpad for him to beat, that he hasn't already beaten... so you'd think it'd be a similar price to what it was.

I suppose a tiny part of the appeal, is if Altior didn't run for whatever reason, you're way ahead of the game.

I'll want to have the 1-2-3 in this though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Hard to price that up this far out, and there is only really Footpad for him to beat, that he hasn't already beaten... so you'd think it'd be a similar price to what it was.

I suppose a tiny part of the appeal, is if Altior didn't run for whatever reason, you're way ahead of the game.

I'll want to have the 1-2-3 in this though
              You're assuming there will be a field of at least 3 , joking aside yeah I understand that but what a shit show if the NH star missed it . I'd be happy to play the total lengths margins on the day at this rate .

Comment

• Nice idea Kev, I guess the flip is that if Altior didn’t make it you could end up with a very big competitive field so in a way you want him to make it and put everyone off with SR cruising around behind him

Comment

• Altior took a walk in the exchange market this morning (but has come back in since) a bot being daft or something a bit more to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    Altior took a walk in the exchange market this morning (but has come back in since) a bot being daft or something a bit more to it?
                    I'd love to see Altior win another CC and hope he makes it there fit and well, but if for any reason he didn't, I suppose the plus side is we would have a hell of a more interesting betting race on our hands.

Comment

• No footpad at leopardstown tomorrow
                      Straight to the festival has to be the assumption now

Comment

• Politilogue go here or Ryanair ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigga View Post
                          Politilogue go here or Ryanair ?
                          Ryanair the plan if Ascot goes well

Comment

• David Casey reports FOOTPAD in good form. Willie decided not to run this weekend. May get an entry at the Red Mills Chase or go straight to Cheltenham. Didn't rule out The Ryanair.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                              David Casey reports FOOTPAD in good form. Willie decided not to run this weekend. May get an entry at the Red Mills Chase or go straight to Cheltenham. Didn't rule out The Ryanair.
                              I'm going to add the Min (QMCC) / Footpad (Ryanair) NRNB double at 62/1 e/w

FWIW I expect them to run in the opposite races, but should anything happen to Altior I think they'd split them this way...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I'm going to add the Min (QMCC) / Footpad (Ryanair) NRNB double at 62/1 e/w

FWIW I expect them to run in the opposite races, but should anything happen to Altior I think they'd split them this way...
                                I expect them to run in these races and it's a no brainer ew double if you do

Comment

Working...
                                X