Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    Just watched this race again. And it was the worst winning ride of the festival.
    Nico had every opportunity to show just how good the horse is but held on to him far too long and nearly got him beat, had he made an even worse job of jumping the last two fences he may have got him beaten. The horse got him out of the shit big time.
    HE - Actually looks a beatable horse now.

3lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Just watched this race again. And it was the worst winning ride of the festival.
    Nico had every opportunity to show just how good the horse is but held on to him far too long and nearly got him beat, had he made an even worse job of jumping the last two fences he may have got him beaten. The horse got him out of the shit big time.
    Agree the horse got him out this shitte to a degree as he certainly didn't ride him into the last two fences aggressively , looked in hindsight of well so long as i get over without falling i will win. Very much a division to get some big prices on board next year with horses like Cilaos Emery etc as who knows what Altior will do and bar him you would fancy any novice stepping into open company vs the rest of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Min was one of my biggest disappointments of the festival. Altior was there for the taking and Min didn't show up.

I watched the CC from the parade ring and Altior looked a very tired horse (to me) when he came in. I just wonder what effect that race will have on him in the future.