Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder there was money for Great Field. Should have known, but easy to say after the race!

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
      Footpad looked nothing like the same horse as last year there. Even so think they may well try the King George with him now surely?

Fair play to Saint Calvados and Kev's shout
      He jumped a few similar to how Douvan did in the Champion Chase when he picked up the pelvic injury. Hopefully it was nothing more than a bad day at the office

Either way, Altior fans won't be losing much sleep.

Comment

Apparently the betting on PP went from 1/6 to 1/2 shortly before the off. Odd betting patterns.

But yeah he jumped poorly, wasn't really booted into any of them and never looked right. Interesting when he runs again.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Surely not Ruby's fault. The horse never jumped and made a number of blunders.
          thought he badly judged the pace myself, he made worse mistake in arkle.
          and his reaction looked like he wasn't best pleased with himself either.

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
            Apparently the betting on PP went from 1/6 to 1/2 shortly before the off. Odd betting patterns.

But yeah he jumped poorly, wasn't really booted into any of them and never looked right. Interesting when he runs again.
            I think that was just a correction in the market...

The Arkle wasn't Saint Calvados' true running and he deserves to be shorter than the 4/1 he was in the morning !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

The Arkle wasn't Saint Calvados' true running and he deserves to be shorter than the 4/1 he was in the morning !!
              Fair enough Kev, 1/6 was ridiculous I agree.

Comment

The start of the season has been a bit underwhelming tbh. Not many of Elliotts, Mullins or Henderson horses have shown a great deal yet.

It's a long season and if I'm willing to give Samcro the benefit of doubt I'd also waiver one poor run from Footpad tbh.

Bit silly to overreact on one seasonal reappearance IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

But if he's a genuine top class 2 miler. Why was tycoon Prince just behind him there.

Just clearly wasn't footpad day.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    But if he's a genuine top class 2 miler. Why was tycoon Prince just behind him there.

Set out to beat Footpad, had him in trouble with the pace he was going, some no hoper closing from the back when the job was done - not bothered how close he got, was never going to beat him and never would.

Proper 2 miler IMO.

Tingle Creek next.... roll on Altior

I expect Altior to beat him, before anyone goes mental.

I'm just pleased as he was 4/1 today and 50/1 was too big.

Comment

• As jockey of Calvados said, he didn;t think he went that quick just a good gallop/hack, which is why I think Ruby will be regretting sitting off, as even notwithstanding the errors and last flight fall, he was gonna struggle to win IMO.
                      Think that explains the vicinity of tycoon prince.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

and also, if Footpad is a top class 2 miler, why was he getting outpaced and niggled with Tycoon Prince even closer to him? Stop being silly.

No-one is forcing you to back him at 33/1.... I haven't advised a bet at 33/1 either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          and also, if Footpad is a top class 2 miler, why was he getting outpaced and niggled with Tycoon Prince even closer to him? Stop being silly.

No-one is forcing you to back him at 33/1.... I haven't advised a bet at 33/1 either.
                          Its not being silly at all. It's common sense footpad diddnt run his race. And st calvados beat the ones behind him which are a limited bunch In tycoon Prince and arkwisht who's a dour stayer.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 10 November 2018, 11:56 AM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Great field might be a spanner for St Calvados if they both line up.

Comment

Its not being silly at all. It's common sense footpad diddnt run his race.
                              It's common sense Saint Calvados didn't run his in the Arkle

So 1-1. I don't see how anyone could be certain Footpad is a better horse than Saint Calvados.... one was 50/1, one was (can't remember, short though!)

Comment

Its not being silly at all. It's common sense footpad diddnt run his race. And st calvados beat the ones behind him
                                I don't think a lot of good horses will run their race first time out this season due to the weather etc...

A lack of good runs would back up many trainer comments about not being able to get out on grass.

Comment

Working...
                                X