Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    I agree, I think both Footpad & Douvan end up in this race, which is why the price discrepancy has me perplexed.

Footpad has done nothing Douvan hasn't already done.
    I think the price is mainly down to it being more likely Footpad gets placed here by the owners and Ruby will not let anyone else ride Douvan if he's in with a chance of winning that week.

If Ruby can't move Footpad, then he has to choose between Douvan and Footpad.... OR, he can convince Ricci to have Min in the Ryanair and step Douvan up in trip and pick off the Ryanair (all in theory of course).

In terms of betting at this stage, there are way too many possibilities... Min might beat Footpad in Ireland, Yorkhill might have realised he's a horse and not a cabbage? Douvan might get injured... I'm trying hard NOT to get too caught up in where the Mullins horses go (*scans through my posts - whoops!*)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I think the price is mainly down to it being more likely Footpad gets placed here by the owners and Ruby will not let anyone else ride Douvan if he's in with a chance of winning that week.

If Ruby can't move Footpad, then he has to choose between Douvan and Footpad.... OR, he can convince Ricci to have Min in the Ryanair and step Douvan up in trip and pick off the Ryanair (all in theory of course).

In terms of betting at this stage, there are way too many possibilities... Min might beat Footpad in Ireland, Yorkhill might have realised he's a horse and not a cabbage? Douvan might get injured... I'm trying hard NOT to get too caught up in where the Mullins horses go (*scans through my posts - whoops!*)
    8/1 Douvan 'Any Race' is a tempter then, as all bar injury he goes off shorter than that regardless of the race I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    8/1 Douvan 'Any Race' is a tempter then, as all bar injury he goes off shorter than that regardless of the race I think.
    Yeah that is how I played him last year. I actually expecting him to go for the Ryanair and that late 'teaser' from Ricci was gutting in the end!

This far out I want to see him, Footpad and Altior all in the same race... I'm sure they'll all be aimed at it until decisions need to be made!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yeah that is how I played him last year. I actually expecting him to go for the Ryanair and that late 'teaser' from Ricci was gutting in the end!

This far out I want to see him, Footpad and Altior all in the same race... I'm sure they'll all be aimed at it until decisions need to be made!
    Altior 100% goes to the CC. He’s the greatest 2m (Sprinter Sacre asides) since Master Minded.

Douvan probably ought to be aimed at the CC. It’s stunning to think he hasn’t even placed in the race yet. Arguably the 2nd best 2m behind Altior in training.

Footpad has he potential to be very good. But it’s nothing more than potential. And he could be going Ryanair.

As a betting proposition, Footpad is in absolutely no way attractive to me.