Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Excellent debut. Proximity of Impact factor would worry me slightly about the strength of the form... but couldn't have asked for a lot more for his first go.
    I wouldn't be too worried about that, CE never got racing until after he was over the final fence, and that run in is plenty short enough.

Comment

• Was touch and go but managed to get another unit on at 14/1 after he jumped the last

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        I wouldn't be too worried about that, CE never got racing until after he was over the final fence, and that run in is plenty short enough.
        Dont get me wrong CoD, it was a very good debut as I said. Just trying to put it into the context of the horse winning an Arkle in 6 weeks. We will learn an awful lot more next time.

Comment

• Promising debut over fences that. His jumping was spot on (very quick over them)

Would like to see Willie get another run into him & there's still plenty of time for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormez View Post
            Lovely introduction. Irish Arkle next?
            Surely too soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              was it you that was naked the last time ?
              What do you mean lol?

Comment

Surely too soon?
                100% too soon. If he can get something suitable in 3 weeks time that gives them almost 4 weeks to ready him for the Arkle.

Watching the race back again. He had his ears pricked jumping the last and all the way to the line. There was plenty more in the tank imo.
                Last edited by SeanRock; 24 January 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Dont get me wrong CoD, it was a very good debut as I said. Just trying to put it into the context of the horse winning an Arkle in 6 weeks. We will learn an awful lot more next time.
                  The worry for me is fitting in another race before the festival now.

Comment

• Ruby said if Cheltenham comes too soon there’s plenty of good races to be won at home......

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                      What do you mean lol?
                      can't remember who commented and after which horse won,
                      but they used the word beautiful and other words that sounded like they were getting a bit too much pleasure.
                      Obviously today, with you saying you needed a couple of minutes to come round/catch you breath
                      I thought it may have been you the last time, King.

Comment

Theres another 2m beginners chase at Fairyhouse in 3 weeks that would give him four weeks break before the Arkle. He still looked to have plenty in the tank but depending on how he came out of todays race something along those lines might be suitable.

Comment

Don't think that will be too much of an issue tbh. Presenting Percy went with these timings last year and will be doing it again this year! Sure there must be other 2m Beginners Chases around mid Feb mate.

Comment

• Yeah, I was thinking about PP last season after I wrote that, so hoping all goes well until the day now.

Fingers crossed for many of us I presume.

Comment

• Pleased for Willie... today must give him a real boost... he'll probably have a stellar DRF and be normal service resumed at Chelts come March!

Comment

• Beginners are for maidens. As far as I can see, there's no Irish race for him after the Irish Arkle until the Flyingbolt on 2nd March because the novice chases all have a qualifying mark that he has exceeded. Maybe there's a UK race but maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                                X