Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Getabird turn of foot is a joy to behold. Just needs to do it at the festival now.

Comment

• Nice jumping performance from Getabird

Comment

• Good there from getabird. Seems to have grown up, diddnt pull like a train or spit his dummy out when joined. Educational ride from ruby Got a slap from down the neck and opened up. Want to see him left handed next please to get that out of the way.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• "Jumped straight as an arrow".

They just have to try him left handed and he's a player.

Arkle/JLT - both feasible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            The praise he got was nothing to do with beating forge meadow. Was his style of victory and his jumping.

Style of the victory? Cruising 10lengths ahead of Forge Meadow.
            Camelia de cotte just beat the same horse 23 lengths and i dont think CdC will be up at the top of the pecking order at Willies.
            I said on the day also Mk jumping was fine. He was fiddly at some and very good at others.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              Camelia de cotte just beat the same horse 23 lengths and i dont think CdC will be up at the top of the pecking order at Willies.
              I said on the day also Mk jumping was fine. He was fiddly at some and very good at others.
              He was hard held. What did he have to gain by winning further. Makes no sense

Comment

• By sounds of Mullins and Walsh they haven't got Cheltenham in mind for Getabird at minute anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                  He did it easily so we don't know where his ceiling is yet. The praise he got was little do with beating forge meadow

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    By sounds of Mullins and Walsh they haven't got Cheltenham in mind for Getabird at minute anyway.
                    Time will tell. No reason he wouldn't go

Comment

• Not saying he had to be pushed out. Im just saying the horse he looked so stylish against may not be very good over fences.
                      I just wasnt as impressed as a lot of people in here seemed to be lto and i wondered was that due to those people having backed Mk at nice prices or equally me not having backed him.
                      Anyway i'll leave it there, more evidence needed. We should learn a bit more over Christmas.

Comment

• Nice debut from Getabird. Didn't strike me as a pure 2 miler mind you, and could see him benefiting from a step up in trip.

Still be surprised if they go to Cheltenham with him myself.

Comment

• Haven't posted since Lalor's run. Very disappointing, but I think there were enough factors to give me hope that it wasnt a going day for him. He never seemed to be travelling on the ground to me, much like the Betfair Hurdle and Im sure connections are kicking themselves for running him now.

The Cheltenham run will stay long in the memory for me, and still think he will run a mighty race under his optimum conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            Nice debut from Getabird. Didn't strike me as a pure 2 miler mind you, and could see him benefiting from a step up in trip.

Still be surprised if they go to Cheltenham with him myself.
                            I see no reason he won't go at all, especially with an easy looking arkle and a small field. But the beauty of cashout is nearer the time you can cash for double your money should he not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              I see no reason he won't go at all, especially with an easy looking arkle and a small field. But the beauty of cashout is nearer the time you can cash for double your money should he not.
                              Its an opinions game after all scooby. Willie just said they are skipping the Leop race at Christmas to go to Limerick as he's a right handed horse. Which is quite telling for me. I cant see them risking Cheltenham without testing whether he will go left handed again... and it sounds that isnt the plan.

Obviously agree about the cashout bit.

Comment

• He asked the son of Getaway to quicken up before the last and he soon asserted.

The Rich Ricci-owned gelding powered away on the run-in to record a seven-and-a-half length success over Articulum.

“That was a good exhibition of jumping and he did it well. He likes this track,” said Mullins.

“Ruby thought he was in control the whole way. I thought they were lining up behind him at the third last but Ruby said he was very comfortable in front.

“I thought he was going to be beaten going to the last but the next thing he just flew it, was gone and put the race to bed so I'm very happy with that.

“He's better right-handed and Leopardstown is left-handed at Christmas.

“We might head towards Limerick for the new Grade 1 over two-and-a-half miles.

“That race has been lucky enough for us over the years.

“I don't know if he wants that heavy type of ground that they might get in Limerick but we'll have to take what we get.

“I'm easy enough about trip with him"

Comment

Working...
                                X