Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Not that I am backing Defi (was merely pointing out that is the plan for him).... but Footpad didn't exactly have a good season. 5 runs, 0 wins. 43L+ defeats. A VERY flattering 2nd in a 4 horse race (where one horse fell) behind Petit Mouchoir too.

I wouldn't compare Footpad to anything really.... Defi only ran twice, he made his comeback and was rubbish behind Lil Rockerfeller and then flopped again in Feb and they pulled up stumps.

I completely agree DDS needs to actually show something, but Footpad being the bench mark is pretty harsh on any horse
    I think it was Scooby who pointed out how much Footpad had grown for going over fences, probably by design, and that he was a shell of a horse over hurdles, DDS was built for his early years hurdling career, albeit he could be a good chaser still, you'd say we saw the best of him as a 4 year old.

He done a lot of racing as a 4 year old which suggests to me he was a fast growing horse, he was strong, they had no issues with him needing time, he was basically more developed than other 4 year olds, and stuck to the juvenile scene to mop up. Now going in to open age groups he seems to have been 'found out'. No doubt he could still make a good chaser, but I don't think he will be one of the top players.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      I think it was Scooby who pointed out how much Footpad had grown for going over fences, probably by design, and that he was a shell of a horse over hurdles, DDS was built for his early years hurdling career, albeit he could be a good chaser still, you'd say we saw the best of him as a 4 year old.

He done a lot of racing as a 4 year old which suggests to me he was a fast growing horse, he was strong, they had no issues with him needing time, he was basically more developed than other 4 year olds, and stuck to the juvenile scene to mop up. Now going in to open age groups he seems to have been 'found out'. No doubt he could still make a good chaser, but I don't think he will be one of the top players.
      Yeh i liked footpads run at auteuil beating device over the French fixed brush hurdles, id agree deffi has been found Out, more in the mould of peace and co,
      Last edited by Scooby91; 24 September 2018, 09:04 AM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I don't even like Defi Du Seuil - anyone on the forum from that his juvenile would remember I thought he was over rated all season - I don't know how I've ended up on this side of the arguement that seems to be defending him because I don't fancy him for the Arkle either - I was just pointing out connections seem to be saying he's going chasing and it's unfair to compare him to Footpad before we see him jump a fence.

NOBODY was saying Footpad will make a top class 2 mile chaser during his juvenine or 5yo campaign - I know scooby mentioned him on here early and plenty of us got a nice price for the Arkle... but that was after reports of him schooling - I defy anybody to say that during Footpad's hurdling career they thought he'd be a top class novice chaser?

He was completely transformed.... just like Might Bite who was a bang average hurdler.

Incredibly unlikely Defi Du Seuil will improve as a chaser for all the points made above, so I agree anyway

Comment

The only link between DDS and Footpad is that they both have a hurdle rating of 157 and most would say that that is grossly over the top for DDS.
          In his second season, Footpad came second in a Champion Hurdle having already shown ability over brush hurdles as a juvenile. In his second season, DDS beat one horse home in both his races.

Comment

There's one with a very similar second season to footpad. Who missed the festival and looks a chaser all over. If I knew he wasn't injured I'd be on.
            Cilaos emery

I'm also on melon watch, even though it wouldn't particularly make sense, however when work steps up, if he goes chasing there's a related bet with laurina for the CH as if he goes over fences you can bet any money that she's done him in a piece of work
            Last edited by Scooby91; 25 September 2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              There's one with a very similar second season to footpad. Who missed the festival and looks a chaser all over. If I knew he wasn't injured I'd be on.
              Cilaos emery

I'm also on melon watch, even though it wouldn't particularly make sense, however when work steps up, if he goes chasing there's a related bet with laurina for the CH as if he goes over fences you can bet any money that she's done him in a piece of work
              I very nearly backed Melon (Arkle) Laurina (CH) and BDD (Mares) last night in a trixie before I got side tracked....

I think Cilaos Emery is an interesting horse, I'd thought JLT would be an option though so 20/1 wasn't big enough to think too much about. Yopu've been a fan of him for a while haven't you?

Comment

I very nearly backed Melon (Arkle) Laurina (CH) and BDD (Mares) last night in a trixie before I got side tracked....

I think Cilaos Emery is an interesting horse, I'd thought JLT would be an option though so 20/1 wasn't big enough to think too much about. Yopu've been a fan of him for a while haven't you?
                always liked him, he's a big shell of a horse who iv always seen as a chaser, he's deffinately not the finished article at €4,600 he's been some buy.

No idea if he's sound or not as he was injured.

Comment

The breeding suggests Defi du Seuil should improve for fences. I was disappointed he went hurdling last year as his breeding suggested he'd have been a possible arkle contender. Don't have to go back too long to see five year old french breds having a good record in the arkle (even if weight allowances have changed over the years since).
                  But the biggest reason I thought he should go chasing was how difficult five year olds find it in their second season hurdling, it just seems to be too big a jump and the really good ones take most of the season to catch up and get anywhere near the older horses.
                  Remains to be seen how much last year has affected the horse going forward. The triumph it won hasn't worked out that well, but he did win all his races that season easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Cilaos emery

Cilaos Emery is available at 25’s any race with Ladbrokes lads. If he’s sound that’s a nice price imo. If he’s sound & takes to fences it could look a steal in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      Cilaos Emery is available at 25’s any race with Ladbrokes lads. If he’s sound that’s a nice price imo. If he’s sound & takes to fences it could look a steal in the new year.
                      I think I'll take that, (probably 28s with a boost)... he wouldn't even be badly handicapped over hurdles having beaten Melon 1L and close up behind Mick Jazz who placed in the CH.... so any improvement over fences would surely make him a hugely interesting horse.

1.5pt win at 28/1 (I'll gamble on him being sound)

Comment

I think I'll take that, (probably 28s with a boost)... he wouldn't even be badly handicapped over hurdles having beaten Melon 1L and close up behind Mick Jazz who placed in the CH.... so any improvement over fences would surely make him a hugely interesting horse.

1.5pt win at 28/1 (I'll gamble on him being sound)
                        I’ve taken a punt aswell Kev, his hurdle form is rock solid and he does look the type that would take to fences! He’s 2/2 on genuine good ground too which is a big plus!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                          I’ve taken a punt aswell Kev, his hurdle form is rock solid and he does look the type that would take to fences! He’s 2/2 on genuine good ground too which is a big plus!
                          I saw that 25/1 any race with coral. (Can't get any of this boost thing) Have left it, Just have in the back of my mind he might not be sound. Iv no idea what the original injury was unfortunately.

Comment

Agree re C Em. but at this stage going to wait for the impending stable tours.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything regarding Pingshou? Closely matched with Melon and C.Em on Punchestown form and could be a forgotten horse. However I can't see him priced up anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                                Has anyone heard anything regarding Pingshou? Closely matched with Melon and C.Em on Punchestown form and could be a forgotten horse. However I can't see him priced up anywhere.
                                Very much a forgotten horse, well, by this forum member, anyway. I already believe the Tizzard yard will have a solid season, and this one adds to that. As far as I am aware and going by the yards Facebook page all is well with Pingshou, he was cantering out with Native River in a short clip they put up. Unsure why he is not added to any markets though.

Comment

Working...
                                X