Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkle 2019

Top Amateur
    The question was asked elsewhere in the forum about e/w antepost bets

This is a race I would happily justify it in the Dec/January area

Would struggle to believe you’d bet getting bet than 1/4 odds 3 places

Top Amateur
    Thanks guys pretty much summed up what i was thinking, Mengli khan looking like the bet. Its on record how he would love the chance to run on better ground and 25/1 against Kalashnikov who is 10/1 and looks 60/40 to run at best, and there was less than 2 lengths between them. Arkle often a small field so will do him ew. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

You'd hope one of the Tizzard horses could make a decent claim to at least feature.
    This is where my money is currently going. I have used the 'Any Race' market for 4 of the Tizzard novice chasers, Vision Des Flos (who I really like), Slate House, Lostintranslation & Kilbricken Storm.

I feel, Kilbricken Storm & Slate House aside, the other 2 were messed around with regards to trip last season, Vision Des Flos' best performances were over shorter, so feel he will go Arkle/JLT route, I'm hoping Arkle personally, and Lostintranslation's best performance was @ Aintree, trying 2m 4f for the first time, finishing 3/4 length off Black Op, who in turn finished 2 3/4 2nd to Samcro @ Cheltenham, which is the form I am currently looking for/at.

Despite the solid efforts last season of the 4 mentioned above, each one of them looked like a chaser in the making, so expect improvement for going over fences.

As this is the Arkle thread I'd probably say Slate House / Vision Des Flos would be my current bets, until we know what is happening with the others, though have backed both 'Any Race' to cover the eventuality of them both not running in this race too.

I've already mentioned before that I am a fan of Mengli Khan and I'm already on him at 25/1. Better ground at the festival this year would've seen him come much closer, I recently re-watched the Supreme and as they come onto the hill he just looked so well placed but just couldn't go up the gears properly on that ground.

Slate House interests me, he's another one I think the poor winter didn't help out!

I have to agree with the consensus thought its not the most inspiring of markets at the moment!

3lb Claimer
    Labaik at 50-1 would be interesting if confirmed chasing. Think i read somewhere hes back in and recovered from injury.

I could have sworn I'd made a bit of a case for Slate House but can't see it in here. Must be elsewhere.

He is 50/1 with WH and can be boosted to 56.5/1 which just HAS to be too big.

I found a quote saying he'll be a staying chaser in time.... however, he did run in the Supreme and as we all saw quite publically, he wanted to make Finian's Oscar who was clearly not a 2 miler, into an Arkle horse. I think jono made this point and I completely agree, that he has had an entirely different novice hurdle season and therefore I think I am very close to taking a 0.5 pt e/w bet on Slate House for the Arkle. In fact I now have, 56.5/1

I will also be adding Mengli Khan 1 pt e/w tonight. I've backed him with a free bet but I think he's a decent each way option even at this stage. I can't see another target unless he absolutely bombs out as a chaser (which he could as a flat bred horse) ... but the point above about his price compared to Kalashnikov is a good one

and I think the better ground would help him just as much as Kalashnikov too

I'll probably add Paloma Blue 1 pt e/w whilst he is 25/1 (boosted again probably with WH).

Already commiting to the 'book' angle again but it has been a decent race to do so in my ever so humble opinion.

Slate House 56.5/1
    Mengli Khan 25/1
    Paloma Blue 25/1
    Laurina 15.3/1
    and a heap of free bets did go on Samcro just in case.

Kalashnikov the monster danger at the moment but no need to do anything for a bit.

I see there has been the main focus on the Supreme/Ballymore runners, but does anyone feel we are missing a trick ignoring the Triumph horses?

Farclas, Mr Adjudicator, Sayo, Saldier, Stormy Ireland etc... Plus a few others, including Apple's Shakira, though feel she may stay hurdling?

My initial thoughts were that the form doesn't exactly stand out as 'strong' and at one point or another the majority of the Irish lot have all beaten each other which means no standout performer, the other thought was that the majority could potentially stay hurdling another year a la Footpad, before taking on chasing.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    I see there has been the main focus on the Supreme/Ballymore runners, but does anyone feel we are missing a trick ignoring the Triumph horses?

Farclas, Mr Adjudicator, Sayo, Saldier, Stormy Ireland etc... Plus a few others, including Apple's Shakira, though feel she may stay hurdling?

My initial thoughts were that the form doesn't exactly stand out as 'strong' and at one point or another the majority of the Irish lot have all beaten each other which means no standout performer, the other thought was that the majority could potentially stay hurdling another year a la Footpad, before taking on chasing.
    I really like Saldier, he looked to me anything but the typical Triumph horse.

I would hazard a guess he wont go chasing this year, and instead be given a "free" year hurdling like Footpad etc. I think he's a potential monster.

Quote Originally Posted by jack1092 View Post
    I really like Saldier, he looked to me anything but the typical Triumph horse.

I would hazard a guess he wont go chasing this year, and instead be given a "free" year hurdling like Footpad etc. I think he's a potential monster.
    Yeah, massive fan I am of him too. Hope he progresses and takes to chasing eventually. He could be a monster.