Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Cheers archie. Dolciano Dici the next Mullins superstar then..!!? Disappointed to not see either Draconien or Ciloas Emery in the entries.

Hopefully a good showing from Mengli Khan though

Comment

• Interesting that Mullins said Draconien's season will be tighter than Footpad and he won't run as often.
        Footpad ran only three times prior to the festival .
        So his placing will be interesting.

Comment

• Thanks archie
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
            Interesting that Mullins said Draconien's season will be tighter than Footpad and he won't run as often.
            Footpad ran only three times prior to the festival .
            So his placing will be interesting.
            Interesting point - maybe just the 2 runs then? Based on last season you'd imagine they will avoid the heavier ground if possible. Mullins usually always uses the 2 key Arkle trials at Leopardstown for his best 2 milers, with at least 1 of the races being taken in.
            Perhaps a beginners chase this side of Christmas and then going to the Arkle Novice Chase at Dublin in February

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              A tough one Jon. I'd usually say the owners but if, as an owner, you aren't listening to what NJH says then you really should have your horses elsewhere. He is very rarely wrong with his placing of horses, in fact, I can't think of an occasion when he has clearly put one in the wrong race at a Cheltenham festival.
              I agree with that FM, he doesn't get these things wrong very often at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                Cheers archie. Dolciano Dici the next Mullins superstar then..!!? Disappointed to not see either Draconien or Ciloas Emery in the entries.

Hopefully a good showing from Mengli Khan though
                Mullins having a sighter against Mengli Khan perhaps

Comment

• As standard practice, Willie's would be at least a couple of weeks behind Gordon's. Just the way they do it, neither right nor wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    As standard practice, Willie's would be at least a couple of weeks behind Gordon's. Just the way they do it, neither right nor wrong.
                    He has run Min, Vautour, Footpad and Douvan in that specific race though I think?

Comment

• Possibly with the lack of rain, a few of the horses haven't done as much work as previous years? So aren't quite ready?

I'm just thinking out loud...

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                        Possibly with the lack of rain, a few of the horses haven't done as much work as previous years? So aren't quite ready?

I'm just thinking out loud...
                        I would say most yards are affected in their work but also with regards to getting the right ground to make debuts too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          He has run Min, Vautour, Footpad and Douvan in that specific race though I think?
                          Im not sure. Footpad deffinately last year. But there's another meeting 2 weeks later with the same race name same trip which Alboum photo won last year. And the dates of the others correlate to that one.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Im not sure. Footpad deffinately last year. But there's another meeting 2 weeks later with the same race name same trip which Alboum photo won last year. And the dates of the others correlate to that one.
                            Will have to look out for that as well then.

Comment

• PP BFSB cut Draconien into 16s, uncharacteristicly slow on the uptake with that one 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Irishracing have it down as being the same race:

Navan Result Sun, 12th Nov, 2017, 2:45
                                2m. 1f. 4-y-o plus6 Ran 12 fences
                                Irish Stallion Farms EBF Beg. Sīchase of €17,000.00 4-y-o plus

2016 Min 5 11-12 R Walsh 1/3Fav (W P Mullins)
                                2015 Douvan 5 11-12 R Walsh 2/11Fav (W P Mullins)
                                2014 Vautour 5 11-12 R Walsh 2/11Fav (W P Mullins)
                                2013 Ballycasey 6 11-12 R Walsh 4/6Fav (W P Mullins)
                                2012 Sword Of Destiny 6 11-12 D N Russell 5/4Fav (Noel Meade)
                                But looking at the dates of Douvan, Min and Vautour, they ran on the 22nd, 23rd and 28th of Novermber so could very well be the meeting 2 weeks later. Either way it's a good sign to be starting off at Navan!

Comment

Working...
                                X