Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least I rambled on about Articulum enough to get a place!

Comment

• Still hasn't sunk in that DDG is an arkle winner. What a terrible race

Comment

• All I can think about, is how easily Cilaos Emery had Duc Des Genievres covered.

20/1 doesn't really soften the blow

Comment

• All in all something of a disaster...some of the team wanted to pull Lalor out and keep him fresh for Aintree as the ground went heavy in places by race time...[bearing in mind I have seen this horse virtually stop on the gallops in the early days when he hit a soggy patch on the grass gallops]...but understandably the owner wanted to run. Dickla said he gave him the same flat feeling as at Sandown... Still he is in one piece and lives to fight another day.

Comment

• Duc .D.G , was good , But I'm still crying in my Guinness over Cilaos Emery. .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
              Duc .D.G , was good , But I'm still crying in my Guinness over Cilaos Emery. .
              Not sure that on the day he had too much to beat...

Comment

• I think Defi would have had a huge chance here. But it's all ifs and buts

Comment

• Yeah first thing I said to mate was the form of CILAOS EMERY that was another kick in the stones!

However, I am following DDG form lines now. Last year Ballymore for one

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                    Yeah first thing I said to mate was the form of CILAOS EMERY that was another kick in the stones!

Cilaos Emery would have hacked up without doubt
                    Managed to break even which felt like a win !

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                      Yeah first thing I said to mate was the form of CILAOS EMERY that was another kick in the stones!

Samcro must have been some horse last year...

Scarpeta today?
                      Black Op tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Samcro must have been some horse last year...

Scarpeta today?
                        Black Op tomorrow?
                        I hope so, I've been on Black Op for the stayers for a while now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Samcro must have been some horse last year
                          Looking forward to him having a bit of juice in his price early doors.

Any race will be the bet but I imagine it will be 5/1 if that.

Comment

• Thinks i wanna see Samcro race one more time before i put any cash to his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                              I've said previously that i think Ornua will be suited more to Aintree, so hopefully he goes there after here. Hes a trailblazer and likes good ground. Been seen as more of a summer horse in the past and since this season has basically been like a summer campaign he's held his form decently.

His wins have come at sharper tracks like Roscomman, Wexford and Newton Abbot where he can trailblaze and not get caught, whereas at tougher finishing tracks like Galway + Sandown he gets caught. Granted they've also had soft ground those times. I wouldn't fancy his chances of stealing a lead in this race given he'll have competition for it.

Patience + he'll hopefully outrun his odds at Aintree if he goes...
                              Pity his odds weren’t as good as envisaged, but a plan came to hand nicely

Comment

• Nice early shout Jack.

I thought the ground may not have suited particularly but no worries.

Place claims in some of the 2m grade 1s next year for sure... will be under rated at SP most of the time I'd imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X