Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    No one likes Kalashnikov at all it seems. But it's not reflected in the betting. I'm praying that he goes out in price at some point to 8/1 + with still 3 places. As I still have it between him and the 2 Irish personally. If he dosent drift I'll have to leave him. But he's a danger in my eyes. He faced the dynamite dollars coming in at the top of his game in a speed test which wouldn't have suited. I'd far rather have him in this than lalor who caught out DD cold on debut and has since shown that form is long gone.
    There is no way the last run proved that the form is long gone. Lalor was beaten after 1/2 a mile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      There is no way the last run proved that the form is long gone. Lalor was beaten after 1/2 a mile.
      Just my own opinion. He won a race a long time ago. He's done nothing since. The others have progressed.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I agree on Kalashnikov, repeating ourselves aren't we, but since before the season we've thought a step up would suit him...

Lalor I think at the 33s we're on at, has a huge chance, but given how disappointing he was LTO, you'd struggle to get excited at the price, and that Cheltenham win was a long time ago it seems, we did question its worth at the time too...

Le Richebourg is the number 1 in Ireland on a traditional route and looking at his form, he's the one to beat.

and Cilaos Emery is the X-Factor, as he doesn't have the chase form in the book yet, but has shown enough on his debut to suggest he's going to be in the mix.

I know who I want to win the most, but I'm not sure who I think is the best of those now if I was having a bet

Comment

Just my own opinion. He won a race a long time ago. He's done nothing since. The others have progressed.
          Im unsure if DD really has progressed that much myself. If you accept Lalor never went a yard at Sandown, and take him out of the race, has DD improved that much? Because I dont really rate Kalashnikov that much over 2m, I personally think he may have only needed to run at the same level to do what he's done since.

Comment

Im unsure is DD really has progressed that much myself. If you accept Lalor never went a yard at Sandown, and take him out of the race, has DD improved that much? Because I dont really rate Kalashnikov that much over 2m, I personally think he may have only needed to run at the same level to do what he's done since.
            Paul has said he'd improved significantly with each run.

I wouldn't be one for just writing of a horses run where he's well beaten. And then go back to his debut run over fences, and then think that runs enough to win the arkle Imo.

I'd have to see him leave that run behind and progress from debut. Because hed need a good bit more than that

He's dissapointed plenty of times over hurdles. I cant see him finishing infront of Kalashnikov Personally. And that's without the other 2.

Comment

Paul has said he'd improved significantly with each run.

I wouldn't be one for just writing of a horses run where he's well beaten. And then go back to his debut run over fences, and then think that runs enough to win the arkle Imo.

I'd have to see him leave that run behind and progress from debut. Because hed need a good bit more than that

He's dissapointed plenty of times over hurdles. I cant see him finishing infront of Kalashnikov Personally. And that's without the other 2.
              Depends on the horse for me. This is a horse that was tailed off last in the Betfair Hurdle then won a very good renewal of the Grade One Novice Hurdle at Aintree next time... I half wonder if the trainer is an issue myself.

Its an unusual year... the likes of CE could be coming here on the back of a single chase run where the form is pretty average, so many wont have achieved as much as horses in previous years.

Anyway, agree to disagree. I genuinely think Lalor's debut run this season would win what wont be a vintage Arkle, as I think he only has two horses to beat and both have question marks. But if Im honest, its complete guesswork which Lalor turns up.

Comment

Depends on the horse for me. This is a horse that was tailed off last in the Betfair Hurdle then won a very good renewal of the Grade One Novice Hurdle at Aintree next time... I half wonder if the trainer is an issue myself.

Its an unusual year... the likes of CE could be coming here on the back of a single chase run where the form is pretty average, so many wont have achieved as much as horses in previous years.

Anyway, agree to disagree. I genuinely think Lalor's debut run this season would win what wont be a vintage Arkle, as I think he only has two horses to beat and both have question marks. But if Im honest, its complete guesswork which Lalor turns up.
                How tough do we think Lalor is ?
                Does he pack it in easily ?
                When he don't get his own way ?

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  How tough do we think Lalor is ?
                  Does he pack it in easily ?
                  When he don't get his own way ?
                  I honestly cant put my finger on what is is quevega. I dont think its mental toughness as he showed a really good attitude at Aintree for me. He didn't lead on his chase debut this season and Johnno constantly reined him back yet he didn't sulk or give in that day

He just appears to have wildly different on and off days. He's a huge big horse and I've heard it said before, by people who know far more than me, that big horses can be like this? He's a bit of an enigma. Think thats why Im such a fan!

Comment

Fwiw despite backing him, I don't think le richebourg is anything special. He's just solid and consistent at a good level. Like dynamite dollars was.
                    . Not a chance id be backing him at the price he is now.

I just really don't rate lalor at all. But maybe I will after this race if he comes out and suprises me. You never know.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 11 February 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Fwiw despite backing him, I don't think le richebourg is anything special. He's just solid and consistent at a good level
                      . Not a chance id be backing him at the price he is now.
                      I agree. I backed the DRF double at 18/1 as a cover but dont think he's anything special either. CE clearly has a high ceiling but this could come too soon for him. Lalor may not have to do that much, to win.

Comment

• DD made hard work of beating Ornua he's not exactly fast himself. That doesn't bode well for Kalashnikov. Kalanisi progeny haven't improved for a fence yet.

Comment

I agree. I backed the DRF double at 18/1 as a cover but dont think he's anything special either. CE clearly has a high ceiling but this could come too soon for him. Lalor may not have to do that much, to win.
                          I genuinely think CE is a shoe in here. Maybe im over confident, on hurdles form. Because on his 1 chase run, he's not had the opportunity to better himself in graded company, so I can't say he's by far the best of these over fences.
                          But imo i believe given the opportunity, he will be.

But either way. Won't be long until we find out. Touch wood all our bets make it there.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 11 February 2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Le richeburg is the perfect arkle horse for me, and the second in the drinmore is a big positive.
                            But Cilaos Emery jumped really quick on debut and if he don't make a mistake he'll go close.
                            And the two brits are probably better than there last runs.
                            should be a good race.

Comment

• Lalor is my biggest winner but CE isnt that far behind and I have both ew... so as long as one wins and one is placed, I will be a happy man.

Comment

• Place lay of the festival is Kalashnikov... CE wins this comfortably I think

Comment

Working...
                                X