Page 160 of 172 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1717

Thread: Arkle 2019

  1. #1591
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    No one likes Kalashnikov at all it seems. But it's not reflected in the betting. I'm praying that he goes out in price at some point to 8/1 + with still 3 places. As I still have it between him and the 2 Irish personally. If he dosent drift I'll have to leave him. But he's a danger in my eyes. He faced the dynamite dollars coming in at the top of his game in a speed test which wouldn't have suited. I'd far rather have him in this than lalor who caught out DD cold on debut and has since shown that form is long gone.
    There is no way the last run proved that the form is long gone. Lalor was beaten after 1/2 a mile.

  2. #1592
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    There is no way the last run proved that the form is long gone. Lalor was beaten after 1/2 a mile.
    Just my own opinion. He won a race a long time ago. He's done nothing since. The others have progressed.

  3. #1593
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    9,464
    I agree on Kalashnikov, repeating ourselves aren't we, but since before the season we've thought a step up would suit him...

    Lalor I think at the 33s we're on at, has a huge chance, but given how disappointing he was LTO, you'd struggle to get excited at the price, and that Cheltenham win was a long time ago it seems, we did question its worth at the time too...

    Le Richebourg is the number 1 in Ireland on a traditional route and looking at his form, he's the one to beat.

    and Cilaos Emery is the X-Factor, as he doesn't have the chase form in the book yet, but has shown enough on his debut to suggest he's going to be in the mix.




    I know who I want to win the most, but I'm not sure who I think is the best of those now if I was having a bet

  4. #1594
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Just my own opinion. He won a race a long time ago. He's done nothing since. The others have progressed.
    Im unsure if DD really has progressed that much myself. If you accept Lalor never went a yard at Sandown, and take him out of the race, has DD improved that much? Because I dont really rate Kalashnikov that much over 2m, I personally think he may have only needed to run at the same level to do what he's done since.

  5. #1595
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Im unsure is DD really has progressed that much myself. If you accept Lalor never went a yard at Sandown, and take him out of the race, has DD improved that much? Because I dont really rate Kalashnikov that much over 2m, I personally think he may have only needed to run at the same level to do what he's done since.
    Paul has said he'd improved significantly with each run.

    I wouldn't be one for just writing of a horses run where he's well beaten. And then go back to his debut run over fences, and then think that runs enough to win the arkle Imo.

    I'd have to see him leave that run behind and progress from debut. Because hed need a good bit more than that

    He's dissapointed plenty of times over hurdles. I cant see him finishing infront of Kalashnikov Personally. And that's without the other 2.

  6. #1596
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Paul has said he'd improved significantly with each run.

    I wouldn't be one for just writing of a horses run where he's well beaten. And then go back to his debut run over fences, and then think that runs enough to win the arkle Imo.

    I'd have to see him leave that run behind and progress from debut. Because hed need a good bit more than that

    He's dissapointed plenty of times over hurdles. I cant see him finishing infront of Kalashnikov Personally. And that's without the other 2.
    Depends on the horse for me. This is a horse that was tailed off last in the Betfair Hurdle then won a very good renewal of the Grade One Novice Hurdle at Aintree next time... I half wonder if the trainer is an issue myself.

    Its an unusual year... the likes of CE could be coming here on the back of a single chase run where the form is pretty average, so many wont have achieved as much as horses in previous years.

    Anyway, agree to disagree. I genuinely think Lalor's debut run this season would win what wont be a vintage Arkle, as I think he only has two horses to beat and both have question marks. But if Im honest, its complete guesswork which Lalor turns up.

  7. #1597
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Depends on the horse for me. This is a horse that was tailed off last in the Betfair Hurdle then won a very good renewal of the Grade One Novice Hurdle at Aintree next time... I half wonder if the trainer is an issue myself.

    Its an unusual year... the likes of CE could be coming here on the back of a single chase run where the form is pretty average, so many wont have achieved as much as horses in previous years.

    Anyway, agree to disagree. I genuinely think Lalor's debut run this season would win what wont be a vintage Arkle, as I think he only has two horses to beat and both have question marks. But if Im honest, its complete guesswork which Lalor turns up.
    How tough do we think Lalor is ?
    Does he pack it in easily ?
    When he don't get his own way ?

  8. #1598
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    How tough do we think Lalor is ?
    Does he pack it in easily ?
    When he don't get his own way ?
    I honestly cant put my finger on what is is quevega. I dont think its mental toughness as he showed a really good attitude at Aintree for me. He didn't lead on his chase debut this season and Johnno constantly reined him back yet he didn't sulk or give in that day

    He just appears to have wildly different on and off days. He's a huge big horse and I've heard it said before, by people who know far more than me, that big horses can be like this? He's a bit of an enigma. Think thats why Im such a fan!

  9. #1599
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Depends on the horse for me. This is a horse that was tailed off last in the Betfair Hurdle then won a very good renewal of the Grade One Novice Hurdle at Aintree next time... I half wonder if the trainer is an issue myself.

    Its an unusual year... the likes of CE could be coming here on the back of a single chase run where the form is pretty average, so many wont have achieved as much as horses in previous years.

    Anyway, agree to disagree. I genuinely think Lalor's debut run this season would win what wont be a vintage Arkle, as I think he only has two horses to beat and both have question marks. But if Im honest, its complete guesswork which Lalor turns up.
    Fwiw despite backing him, I don't think le richebourg is anything special. He's just solid and consistent at a good level. Like dynamite dollars was.
    . Not a chance id be backing him at the price he is now.

    I just really don't rate lalor at all. But maybe I will after this race if he comes out and suprises me. You never know.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 02-11-2019 at 08:08 PM.

  10. #1600
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Fwiw despite backing him, I don't think le richebourg is anything special. He's just solid and consistent at a good level
    . Not a chance id be backing him at the price he is now.
    I agree. I backed the DRF double at 18/1 as a cover but dont think he's anything special either. CE clearly has a high ceiling but this could come too soon for him. Lalor may not have to do that much, to win.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •