Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Black Op in the JLT would be my preference if we are looking there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    They are the two of the three I have in the book. The (now 4th) is Vinndication

I fear the Kalashnikov will be Arkle bound now, but the others won't be dropping back in trip I wouldn't have thought!
    I watched 'This Racing Life' earlier on RUK and Amy Murphy said that Kalashnikov will start over 2 miles but if Jack says he needs further after any of his races then he'll be stepped up in trip, or words to that effect.

I agree though, the Arkle has to be favourite as a festival target
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 09-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.

They are the two of the three I have in the book. The (now 4th) is Vinndication

I fear the Kalashnikov will be Arkle bound now, but the others won't be dropping back in trip I wouldn't have thought!
    I feel Kalashnikov is Arkle bound baring one or two underwhelming performances over 2m in the winter. Vindication is one Im keeping a close eye on too. JLT type maybe.

What was the injury that cut short Vinndication's season?

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    What was the injury that cut short Vinndication's season?
    Was he not just ‘put away’ after the Sydney Banks with a view towards this coming season FM I think. I could be be wrong.

Edit: https://www.racinguk.com/news/kim-ba...h-vinndication

Thanks Sean. I had it in my head he picked up an injury. I agree with you and Kev, he is very interesting and skipping the spring festivals with a talented novice hurdler is worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Thanks Sean. I had it in my head he picked up an injury. I agree with you and Kev, he is very interesting and skipping the spring festivals with a talented novice hurdler is worth noting.
    Agreed hes probably had plenty of schooling over the bigger obstacles during the summer and the trainer previously seeing him as weak & immature whilst going unbeaten is definitely noteworthy. Beating the battle hardened Western Ryder 3 1/4 lengths is very decent form.

JLT - Black Op
    JLT - Vinndication

RSA - Topofthegame (as ever )
    RSA - Kilbricken Storm

Out of interest, who do people thingk is better/comparable value compared to either of those in either race...

JLT - Black Op
    JLT - Vinndication

RSA - Topofthegame (as ever )
    RSA - Kilbricken Storm

Out of interest, who do people thingk is better/comparable value compared to either of those in either race...
    Would prefer Kilbricken Storm to head to the 4 miler myself!

So to answer your question, Black Op & Topofthegame.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Would prefer Kilbricken Storm to head to the 4 miler myself!

So to answer your question, Black Op & Topofthegame.
    Can you see Kilbricken Storm going for the 4 miler though? He's won an Albert Bartlett over 3m, and Tizzard decided to send Elegant Escape who looked much more suited to the 4 miler for the RSA and came away with a decent 3rd place.

It'd enough to put me off selecting him in a yankee though to be honest, as there is some doubt!