Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

September Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Can you see Kilbricken Storm going for the 4 miler though? He's won an Albert Bartlett over 3m, and Tizzard decided to send Elegant Escape who looked much more suited to the 4 miler for the RSA and came away with a decent 3rd place.

It'd enough to put me off selecting him in a yankee though to be honest, as there is some doubt!
    Yeah, I have doubts but Native River also went for the Albert Bartlett before taking on the 4 miler.

My main belief about him going for the NH Chase is the way he won the AB, on soft/heavy ground, and stayed on well up to and even at the line, suggests to me the NH Chase would be well within his compass. It will be between the 2 no doubt, unless they fancy the stayers' but don't see him winning that.

Comment

Pretty sure I read they are going chasing... I think he was put off the 4 miler because of Native River though..... when Derek O'Connor was booked then jumped off to ride the eventual winner Minella Rocco.... in fact, now I think about it, I remember hearing him say something along the lines of the only way he;'d run Elegant Escape in the 4 miler is if a top jockey approached him....

Comment

Pretty sure I read they are going chasing... I think he was put off the 4 miler because of Native River though..... when Derek O'Connor was booked then jumped off to ride the eventual winner Minella Rocco.... in fact, now I think about it, I remember hearing him say something along the lines of the only way he;'d run Elegant Escape in the 4 miler is if a top jockey approached him....
        Yeah I remember him saying that Kev. It is a waste of time without a decent jockey tbf to him! You need all you can get out of a horse over that trip. May go against him running in the 4 miler now you've brought that back up!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Yeah I remember him saying that Kev. It is a waste of time without a decent jockey tbf to him! You need all you can get out of a horse over that trip. May go against him running in the 4 miler now you've brought that back up!
          Yeah that's swayed me firmly back to the RSA for him, where I think 33/1 is a fair price about a festival winner.

The level stakes of previous festival winners would see you in decent profit over the last few years (and I'd imagine much further back that we checked)!

Comment

Bump

We must have some more thoughts on this now?

Comment

I like Santini despite the price contraction.

Maybe we could put forward another Tizzard horse in Slate House for the Arkle? He’s been mentioned in previous months.

Black Op - JLT

4 miler - Bacardys (based on previous months)

A full scale 4 Novice Chase Yankee!

Comment

Never adapt triumph hurdle 33/1 . I'll take the blame if it loses.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Claimantakinforgan jlt 33/1
                  Never adapt triumph 33/1
                  Al boum photo gold cup 33/1
                  Min ryan air / black bow ballymore

Would be my hunches, at an early stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Never adapt triumph hurdle 33/1 . I'll take the blame if it loses.
                    You’ve heard something on him?

Comment

Maccaire knows how to prep a horse and sell it to the right man for he right price. Bolted up on debut. And no novice status to retain.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 25 September 2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Maccaire knows how to prep a horse and sell it to the right man for he right price. Bolted up on debut. And no novice status to retain.
                        I’m up for the punt.

Comment

Lookingt hrough the thread very briefly then:

Black Op - JLT
                          Santini - RSA (or Topofthegame)
                          Never Adapt - Triumph

Everyone happy with those 3? Suggestions for number 4?

Comment

Black Op - JLT
                            Never Adapt - Triumph

Yes, really happy with those three.

I'm not the biggest fan of the horse but I can't see Mengli Khan going for any race other than the Arkle if he takes to fences. I think 20/1 is much bigger than he'd be on the day so he'd be my selection.

Comment

Black Op - JLT
                              Never Adapt - Triumph

Like that, have yet to get involved in a monthly Yankee as was late to the party in most cases, but this one I am jumping on regardless who the 4th horse is!

Comment

Good man Scooby

I’m on

Comment

Working...
                                X