Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Can you see Kilbricken Storm going for the 4 miler though? He's won an Albert Bartlett over 3m, and Tizzard decided to send Elegant Escape who looked much more suited to the 4 miler for the RSA and came away with a decent 3rd place.

It'd enough to put me off selecting him in a yankee though to be honest, as there is some doubt!
    Yeah, I have doubts but Native River also went for the Albert Bartlett before taking on the 4 miler.

My main belief about him going for the NH Chase is the way he won the AB, on soft/heavy ground, and stayed on well up to and even at the line, suggests to me the NH Chase would be well within his compass. It will be between the 2 no doubt, unless they fancy the stayers' but don't see him winning that.

Pretty sure I read they are going chasing... I think he was put off the 4 miler because of Native River though..... when Derek O'Connor was booked then jumped off to ride the eventual winner Minella Rocco.... in fact, now I think about it, I remember hearing him say something along the lines of the only way he;'d run Elegant Escape in the 4 miler is if a top jockey approached him....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Pretty sure I read they are going chasing... I think he was put off the 4 miler because of Native River though..... when Derek O'Connor was booked then jumped off to ride the eventual winner Minella Rocco.... in fact, now I think about it, I remember hearing him say something along the lines of the only way he;'d run Elegant Escape in the 4 miler is if a top jockey approached him....
    Yeah I remember him saying that Kev. It is a waste of time without a decent jockey tbf to him! You need all you can get out of a horse over that trip. May go against him running in the 4 miler now you've brought that back up!

Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Yeah I remember him saying that Kev. It is a waste of time without a decent jockey tbf to him! You need all you can get out of a horse over that trip. May go against him running in the 4 miler now you've brought that back up!
    Yeah that's swayed me firmly back to the RSA for him, where I think 33/1 is a fair price about a festival winner.

The level stakes of previous festival winners would see you in decent profit over the last few years (and I'd imagine much further back that we checked)!