Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

September Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha,

With the Samcro news, we have to look at the JLT and Arkle again don't we? (And RSA)?

If we "know" Samcro isn't going chasing....

The JLT is the one that 'opens up' the most as Smacro was shortest price.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Haha,

With the Samcro news, we have to look at the JLT and Arkle again don't we? (And RSA)?

If we "know" Samcro isn't going chasing....

The JLT is the one that 'opens up' the most as Smacro was shortest price.
      One of the first things I did was back Black Op at 12/1 for the JLT. It seems the obvious race for him.

*Actually price boosted to 13.08/1, to be exact.
      Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 14 September 2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        One of the first things I did was back Black Op at 12/1 for the JLT. It seems the obvious race for him.

*Actually price boosted to 13.08/1, to be exact.
        Interestingly I haven't backed Black Op other than in those Sky Specials.... which is strange... because I could have sworn I already had.

I'll be doing the same now!

Comment

Kalashnikov (already backed) and On The Blindside are the other two that I'm drawn to in that market.

Comment

Kalashnikov (already backed) and On The Blindside are the other two that I'm drawn to in that market.
            They are the two of the three I have in the book. The (now 4th) is Vinndication

I fear the Kalashnikov will be Arkle bound now, but the others won't be dropping back in trip I wouldn't have thought!

Comment

Black Op in the JLT would be my preference if we are looking there.

Comment

I fear the Kalashnikov will be Arkle bound now, but the others won't be dropping back in trip I wouldn't have thought!
                I watched 'This Racing Life' earlier on RUK and Amy Murphy said that Kalashnikov will start over 2 miles but if Jack says he needs further after any of his races then he'll be stepped up in trip, or words to that effect.

I agree though, the Arkle has to be favourite as a festival target
                Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 14 September 2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I feel Kalashnikov is Arkle bound baring one or two underwhelming performances over 2m in the winter. Vindication is one I’m keeping a close eye on too. JLT type maybe.

Comment

What was the injury that cut short Vinndication's season?

Comment

What was the injury that cut short Vinndication's season?
                      Was he not just ‘put away’ after the Sydney Banks with a view towards this coming season FM I think. I could be be wrong.

Edit: https://www.racinguk.com/news/kim-ba...h-vinndication

Comment

Thanks Sean. I had it in my head he picked up an injury. I agree with you and Kev, he is very interesting and skipping the spring festivals with a talented novice hurdler is worth noting.

Comment

Thanks Sean. I had it in my head he picked up an injury. I agree with you and Kev, he is very interesting and skipping the spring festivals with a talented novice hurdler is worth noting.
                          Agreed he’s probably had plenty of schooling over the bigger obstacles during the summer and the trainer previously seeing him as weak & immature whilst going unbeaten is definitely noteworthy. Beating the battle hardened Western Ryder 3 1/4 lengths is very decent form.

Comment

JLT - Black Op
                            JLT - Vinndication

RSA - Topofthegame (as ever )
                            RSA - Kilbricken Storm

Out of interest, who do people thingk is better/comparable value compared to either of those in either race...

Comment

JLT - Black Op
                              JLT - Vinndication

RSA - Topofthegame (as ever )
                              RSA - Kilbricken Storm

Out of interest, who do people thingk is better/comparable value compared to either of those in either race...
                              Would prefer Kilbricken Storm to head to the 4 miler myself!

So to answer your question, Black Op & Topofthegame.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Would prefer Kilbricken Storm to head to the 4 miler myself!

So to answer your question, Black Op & Topofthegame.
                                Can you see Kilbricken Storm going for the 4 miler though? He's won an Albert Bartlett over 3m, and Tizzard decided to send Elegant Escape who looked much more suited to the 4 miler for the RSA and came away with a decent 3rd place.

It'd enough to put me off selecting him in a yankee though to be honest, as there is some doubt!

Comment

Working...
                                X