Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

September Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Forum Yankee

I’d definitely like to get Bacardys in the NH Chase into this one as a starting point that others have put up last month.

I’d also like to put forward Santini in the RSA as Hendo always said that anything he did hurdling was a big bonus.

I’d certainly agree with Santini being in. Because the RSA is his only realistic target there unlike with Next Destination and Cracking Smart who could stay hurdling.

In fact, Santini would’ve been my suggestion for this thread too.

Not sure either way on Bacardys. Will he run there and not the RSS?

Comment

No chance Cracking Smart is staying hurdling... I can't think of any Gigginstown horse that'd have taken that route - I looked into their staying hurdlers a year or so back and they just don't do it unless that have to. He'll be novice chasing, and interesting at that! (I think we both agreed ND and CS should be in the Albert Bartlett and unfortunately neither got there!)

Bacardys had the RSA as a long term plan last year, but the 'Patrick Mullins factor' is a potential reason he could be one for the 4 miler now, although he jumps like a table at the moment. Jono made the case for this one and it's a decent angle at 33/1

Santini is rock solid as an ante post selection in the RSA IMO, so I agree with you both there.

I'm interested in Black Op for the JLT now that the rumours are Samcro is staying hurdling. Not a big price but taking Samcro out of the equation leaves him as the best novice hurdler going chasing in my opinion (and without checking, I can't imagine any horse having a higher rating)... will check it another time.

Lostintranslation who wasn't far behind at Aintree is also of interest although I wouldn't like to second guess Tizzard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        No chance Cracking Smart is staying hurdling... I can't think of any Gigginstown horse that'd have taken that route - I looked into their staying hurdlers a year or so back and they just don't do it unless that have to. He'll be novice chasing, and interesting at that! (I think we both agreed ND and CS should be in the Albert Bartlett and unfortunately neither got there!)

Bacardys had the RSA as a long term plan last year, but the 'Patrick Mullins factor' is a potential reason he could be one for the 4 miler now, although he jumps like a table at the moment. Jono made the case for this one and it's a decent angle at 33/1

Santini is rock solid as an ante post selection in the RSA IMO, so I agree with you both there.

I'm interested in Black Op for the JLT now that the rumours are Samcro is staying hurdling. Not a big price but taking Samcro out of the equation leaves him as the best novice hurdler going chasing in my opinion (and without checking, I can't imagine any horse having a higher rating)... will check it another time.

Lostintranslation who wasn't far behind at Aintree is also of interest although I wouldn't like to second guess Tizzard.
        You make a good point about Gigginstown actually. I hadn’t thought of that for Cracking Smart. My problem is that I fancy him, ND and Santini for the RSA. Whilst I’m trying to be less stubborn about having just one horse antepost (after seeing the successful strategy of multiple horses of players like you on here), I don’t want too many at this stage. Three for a novice Chase is too many in September.

As for Black Op, I like the horse but there are horses that, if they turned up, I’d like to take him on with at this stage. Samcro and Kalashnikov are two of the horses for the JLT that, I’d turning up, I’d have to beat Black Op. So on that basis, BO isn’t one for me.

Perhaps (as his target is relatively straightforward you would think) he’s one for the Yankee though for the JLT. Though I think we can find better.

I’d like to get Altior into another one of these. Even at 7/4, I think he’s one for multiples. He’s only in one yankee at the minute..

Comment

I’d be up for Altior.

I also like the Black Op angle as I think Kalashnikov is a little overrated, and he’s going the 2 mile route apparently.

Comment

Santini - RSA
            Black Op - JLT

Looks a solid start to me....

Comment

NB - worth revisiting previous threads as there have been several good suggestions not yet included...

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bullionaire - Supreme<br>Danny Kirwan - Ballymore<br>Empreinte Reconce - mares novice<br>Native River - Gold Cup<br><br>That was Andrew King&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cheltenhamyankee?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#cheltenhamyankee</a> advised in the <a href="https://twitter.com/RPWeekender?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RPWeekender</a> two weeks ago - get in touch with your own ante-post yankee to kick off the autumn! <a href="https://t.co/5aKvIVhRqo">pic.twitter.com/5aKvIVhRqo</a></p>&mdash; Weekender (@RPWeekender) <a href="https://twitter.com/RPWeekender/status/1038021057704124416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Now I love Danny Kirwan still.

He's in danger of being forgotten about and I'd love Nicholls to have an absolute smasher again.

I can't really see myself backing him for a specific race, and to be fair he was disappointing in a couple of bumpers HOWEVER, he's never supposed to be a bumper horse - I suppose the fact he isn't really going to be a hurdler is the issue but he's one of the horses I'm most excited about still!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    You make a good point about Gigginstown actually. I hadn’t thought of that for Cracking Smart. My problem is that I fancy him, ND and Santini for the RSA. Whilst I’m trying to be less stubborn about having just one horse antepost (after seeing the successful strategy of multiple horses of players like you on here), I don’t want too many at this stage. Three for a novice Chase is too many in September.

As for Black Op, I like the horse but there are horses that, if they turned up, I’d like to take him on with at this stage. Samcro and Kalashnikov are two of the horses for the JLT that, If turning up, I’d have to beat Black Op. So on that basis, BO isn’t one for me.
                    Yeah totally agree with the bold bits.

Comment

Any suggestions for this?

I still think Altior deserves to be in another one and 7/4 is a fair price.

Comment

Samcro in the CH

Comment

Samcro in the CH
                          Didn’t we put him in last month?

Though I certainly wouldn’t be against him going in another though.

Comment

Samcro in the CH
                            Brilliant....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X