Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: RSA Chase 2019

Quote Originally Posted by boopa View Post
    Santini isn't slow but he lacks tactical speed so would be vulnerable in a slowly run race. A well-run RSA will be ideal.
    I can certainly agree with this, and then that would be down to Nico (or whoever rides Santini) to ensure they go a gallop even if that means him taking the lead up.

From memory I can't remember many festival races that are run too slowly though, usually hard to employ slow tactics at such a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    I can certainly agree with this, and then that would be down to Nico (or whoever rides Santini) to ensure they go a gallop even if that means him taking the lead up.

From memory I can't remember many festival races that are run too slowly though, usually hard to employ slow tactics at such a meeting.
    Usually the longer races e.g Stayers last year, e.g gold cup year prior
    Ballymore varies but can often end up with sprint finishes.

Santini isn't slow but he lacks tactical speed so would be vulnerable in a slowly run race. A well-run RSA will be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
    ^^ this

Although I'm not entirely sure what's going to make it a test - IMO it would suit both TOTG and DW to run this a little more tactical
    Having just re-watched the Albert Bartlett, I'm not sure you can say that was tactical speed that had him off the bridle?

He was just slow, and plugged on for pressure....

I'm going right off him

Top Amateur
    His last run outpaced turning in and the fastest finisher. Albert Barlett he was held up, outpaced when they quickened (tactical pace) staying on strongly under pressure. He was ridden prominently when winning at Aintree. I'd hope they adopt similar tactics in the RSA to negate his lack of tactical speed. Complyordie is spot on.

Maybe it's his price now making me look for faults, but to use the Kempton race as an example of him being done for tactical pace rather than just him being slow doesn't sit right.

He's priced up as if it's 100% guarenteed that he will improve at Cheltenham, and I think Topofthegame will too... which isn't factored into their prices?

Certainly agree he will need a positive ride, maybe he's like Don Poli

Top Amateur
    He's not slow though he just lacks tactical speed. His travelling speed is fine his finishing speed is superb, he's vulnerable in the transition between the two that's when he comes off the bridle before TOTG and LBAR. The stiffer test will suit him more.

delta work should be favourite.
    i'm waiting for santini to win his prep then big bet on delta work as not covered earlier in season.

He's not slow though he just lacks tactical speed. His travelling speed is fine his finishing speed is superb, he's vulnerable in the transition between the two that's when he comes off the bridle before TOTG and LBAR. The stiffer test will suit him more.
    Fair enough... at 16s 14s and 12s I hope you're right

I'd definitely prefer TOTG of the two though!

Top Amateur
    I've got Delta Work 16/1 any race and Santini 14/1. Haven't got TOTG in my book so hope one of them beat him, I'm confident they will. All 3 of them are very good imo.

5lb Claimer
    I think Delta jumps quicker than Santini his time for last years Pertemps was 4 seconds faster than Santini race. Delta looks pretty solid to me.